Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Nothing looks under-powered there for sure and I absolutely love it that you run a Titan! :thumbs: :wub: :thumbs:
HA! Don't love it too much as I always get the two mixed up. I run a Plus which seems huge as it is. Next step will be a Titan.
Blitzen is the same as the Zeus. I am shocked when I take it apart how clean the cotton still is.
I rotate all juices most of time except (and maybe this is important) the Mizer ogv2 always has a lemon in it. Usually homemade Lemon Tart. This is the one that gunks up the most.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
HA! Don't love it too much as I always get the two mixed up. I run a Plus which seems huge as it is. Next step will be a Titan.
Blitzen is the same as the Zeus. I am shocked when I take it apart how clean the cotton still is.
I rotate all juices most of time except (and maybe this is important) the Mizer ogv2 always has a lemon in it. Usually homemade Lemon Tart. This is the one that gunks up the most.
The Titan is a massive tank that require huge coils and has incredible airflow, it's more of a novelty and has a bit too much air. I've tried dialing it down some but the smaller air holes can cause it to whistle and it just wasn't designed to be run with anything smaller than 4mm ID coils IMHO.

My Plus' are my daily go to tanks along with the squonkers. I think the Plus is Steam Craves best tank to date, until I get to try their new Glaz RTA. ;)

It's highly possible the Lemon is what's causing your early gunking.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
The Titan is a massive tank that require huge coils and has incredible airflow, it's more of a novelty and has a bit too much air. I've tried dialing it down some but the smaller air holes can cause it to whistle and it just wasn't designed to be run with anything smaller than 4mm ID coils IMHO.

My Plus' are my daily go to tanks along with the squonkers. I think the Plus is Steam Craves best tank to date, until I get to try their new Glaz RTA. ;)

It's highly possible the Lemon is what's causing your early gunking.
Yeah I am really kind of digging the Plus. For awhile it just sat at my desk and got used while there. Judged too big to carry around. Now I kind of favor it.

• Winner
Reactions: TrollDragon

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I know it’s been a while so I wanted to give my 6 month update.

1. Ni80 wire has been working far beyond my expectations. I’ve been using same coil for 5 month with very little to no degradation in metal.
The key I found to keep the wire from degradation, is to use HOT water to wash off the coil when dry burning. This prevents from thermal shocking the metal vs using cold water.

2. Please don’t forget to clean the tank with q-tips twice a month. It makes a difference in juice flavor. Clean all the air passageways.

It’s a great tank and I have no reason to change it or upgrade. It’s hard to beat that it doesn’t leak.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
I just ordered a dual. I only plan on using singles but the single looked like I'd want to wrap coils backwards for it.
Fastech to get the color I want so see you all in a month.

I tried a single coil in the Zeus Dual and found the flavour to be a little lack luster to be honest but it is all subjective to your coil/juice/vape style.

I use the Dual as a Dual (never been a Dual coil vapour before now) and I am enjoying it very much, only downside is the amount of juice you use ! and a dual 18650 mod at 60w doesn't last the day.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The original Zeus is still tops in my book. I've tried several of the newer top air tanks and nothing has made me want to switch. The new Intake is quite good, but no better than the Zeus in my opinion.

Have you tried the augvape intake? I was thinking about trying it.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I tried a single coil in the Zeus Dual and found the flavour to be a little lack luster to be honest but it is all subjective to your coil/juice/vape style.

I use the Dual as a Dual (never been a Dual coil vapour before now) and I am enjoying it very much, only downside is the amount of juice you use ! and a dual 18650 mod at 60w doesn't last the day.

I hope not, I almost have to use it as a single.
    Won rainbow Proton, it doesn't like dual TC (or mesh TC), which is the only RTA it has for its tank. It works fine with a single. Put its rainbow tank on rainbow Battlestar. Ordered rainbow Zeus dual for Proton.
    The whole reason I ordered from FT was to get the matching rainbow.
    But where it still might work even if I have to use dual, the Proton was working with the Scion RTA as long as I flooded it so much it leaked, and leaking won't be a problem with the Zeus.

I'm having troubles with flavors and Themis mesh. Flavors that should be strong in it aren't, other flavors are. Others say they get great flavor. It's probably just figuring it out the best wicking/feed rate/build with both of them.

First order from FT in 3 years. I forgot how maddening it can be. 3 items all "in stock", right off only one doesn't have an ETA longer than the 2 days for "in stock".

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Reeversong

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 14, 2017
    Apex, NC USA
    Since we are starting to see 6 month updates, I will go ahead and give my own.

Wire: SS316L Clapton 26/36, 3.5 ID, spaced, 6 wraps clockwise
    Power: 30-34w, .59ohm, (VooPoo DRAG TC settings are 480 degrees, with a max 75w)
    Juice: My ADV is Mothers Unicorn Milk that I tweaked (recipe can be found here)
    Wick: Koh Gen Do

This tank is the best thing I have ever found. Even though it took a while to dial in the wick, it is just so easy to build on and flavorful that I don't think I will ever switch to another tank. I do switch out the wire and wick every week since it is so cheap to do so, but I have easily had this last 3 weeks or more if I needed to. It is a juice hog, but not really a problem when you are making your own at under $4/60ml.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've been running three of them for some time now. I think it's been over six months. I'm running 26/32 Clapton wire on all three. One is running in temp control and two are being run in power curve mode. The Zeus is the best tank I've had in a long time. I tried the dual and it's ok but I've never been much of a dual coil person. I tried it in single coil operation and wasn't impressed.

Myk, I've tried a couple different stock mesh coils in different tanks and they were ok but I was not really that impressed. I know they are supposed to last longer but that doesn't make me want to start buying stock coils again. To me the flavor was just ok and not great.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Myk, I've tried a couple different stock mesh coils in different tanks and they were ok but I was not really that impressed. I know they are supposed to last longer but that doesn't make me want to start buying stock coils again. To me the flavor was just ok and not great.

I've got mesh RTAs. Easier builds/wick changes is my main hope for mesh. Themis top flow air, which I like, and got me looking at Zeus. I think the whole no leaking thing is the next great step for vaping.

I would say the screen mesh doesn't last longer as far as reuse, once they're gunked you know it and cleaning the screen may take an ultrasonic. I have some stamped mesh coming from FT along with my Zeus.
    My only stock mesh coil was VW so I didn't try it very long. It did have great flavor.

I tried it in single coil operation and wasn't impressed.

Same as above and lacking? I wonder if it's the distance from the air?

Reactions: hittman

hildicat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2011
    SoCal
    IMO, if both have the same vaping quality, newer tank like Horus is better for newbie.
    Agreed. The Zeus has twice the airflow of the Intake RTA, so if you want more air go with the Zeus. I vape my Zeus at about half open so the intake wide open is comparable.
    The intake is a breeze to build and wick though, so a newbie would appreciate that. I've got my Zeus so dialed in that it has become second nature.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Agreed. The Zeus has twice the airflow of the Intake RTA, so if you want more air go with the Zeus. I vape my Zeus at about half open so the intake wide open is comparable.
    The intake is a breeze to build and wick though, so a newbie would appreciate that. I've got my Zeus so dialed in that it has become second nature.

When I say newer tank which is better for newbie, it definitely does not include Intake (I dislike its small deck). What I mean is something like Horus or this:
    $24.57 JuggerKnot Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4/6ml / 316 stainless steel / 24mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Nice looking and ah ha!... cheap and good!!!

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2016
    5 month update:

First rta. Will never go back to pre build coils/tanks.
    .5 SL316 SS 60VG clear menthol @ 20 watts. Wick typically gets changed about every 3 weeks give or take. Still using original coil with no gunking.

The only thing that has changed is the mod it sits atop: from the RX gen3 to a paranormal 250c. Cant rave enough about replay mode.

It took close to 3 years but I think I have my long term set up now.

One thing I do, and I'm not saying it does anything, but I never let the Zeus get below half empty and at lower wattage this means about 1 top off a day. In my mind I feel like I'm keeping the wicks fully primed. Who knows if that's true.

It feels nice to not troll reviews looking for something a little bit better than my set up now, like I can just relax and enjoy being a non smoker, just celebrated 2.5 years off the stinkies.

To some of you I may sound like a noob but in that time frame I have gone from cigalike to land on the DNA 250c with the Zeus, what a strange trip it's been.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread