GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
As i prefer a long draw with tobacco flavouring, This build working well at 0.8ohm 3 lengths of 30g ni80 tight twist with 0.38g ni80 wrap on 3mm id 6/5 turns, For me the best for flavour so far.
So you're running a triple twist wrapped in 38g Ni80?

I picked up some of this from AVS:

Spooled Twisted Fused Clapton 316L SS (32gx3 / 40g)

Triple twisted 32g SS wrapped in 40g SS.

Very nice wire. I torch it before wrapping, it's a little springy. I think it's a hidden gem that AVS carries. A little higher resistance than other SS wires, but it works well and I don't build low anyways.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Got my dual today. So far the Proton gets along with it and a single coil in TC (instantly didn't like dual claptons or mesh, took a tankful to have problems with plain duals). It took .8Ω instead of 5Ω to reach across the deck (could've been less but those are the lengths I have pre-cut for other TC builds). Right off the flavor was great so there's potential but I think I might need to lighten up on the wick or slow down on the shinyitis chain vaping.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
My Zeus has been my go-to tank for many months now no paint chipping no stripped threads i bought a 5 pack of replacement glass from fasttech for only a couple of dollars. It sits on my Geekvape Legend now and i could not be happier. Will buy one in black when i find a good sell on them

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I will bid you all adieu in this thread. The Zeus has gone back in it's box and was replaced by the JuggerKnot.

tPWe7Lll.jpg

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
The Titan is a massive tank that require huge coils and has incredible airflow, it's more of a novelty and has a bit too much air. I've tried dialing it down some but the smaller air holes can cause it to whistle and it just wasn't designed to be run with anything smaller than 4mm ID coils IMHO.

My Plus' are my daily go to tanks along with the squonkers. I think the Plus is Steam Craves best tank to date, until I get to try their new Glaz RTA. ;)

It's highly possible the Lemon is what's causing your early gunking.

You think the Plus is better than the Supreme 2 for flavor? I’m in flavor ecstasy vaping my Supremes lol !

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t built my Zeus yet. I’m going to wait until the 5 pack bubble tanks arrive next week before setting it up. I bought the bubble tanks on EBay. Also tbh I’m enjoying my RDAs and my 1st squonk too much to bother with any of my RTAs.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I took a look at the juggerknot style rta on FT. That’s more in my range. There was just one review but it was good. I’ve got four Zeus tanks with three in rotation. I might hold off until I get bored with these.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    You think the Plus is better than the Supreme 2 for flavor? I’m in flavor ecstasy vaping my Supremes lol !
    I get awesome flavor from both the Plus and the SV2, I favor the Plus more because of the 10ml config and the big postless deck. You can now get proper postless decks for the SV2 from Steam Crave, instead of those 90 degree rotated ones they had for the OG Supreme. There is better airflow on the postless decks and they are much easier to build and wick.

The Plus does require a pair of 4mm or bigger coils to shine IMHO, so keep that in mind if you are thinking of picking one up. ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I took a look at the juggerknot style rta on FT. That’s more in my range. There was just one review but it was good. I’ve got four Zeus tanks with three in rotation. I might hold off until I get bored with these.
    If you are happy with your Zeus tanks then there is no rush to grab a JK.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016

I remember I saw some where that JuggerKnot allows single coil and I always believe so... I almost buy 2 units of that style version from Fasttech but then after I inspect the photo of its deck, it looks like the design is mainly for dual coils.
    I wonder if single coil is used, will the airflow hit that single coil correctly? That make me hesitate ...

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I remember I saw some where that JuggerKnot allows single coil and I always believe so... I almost buy 2 units of that style version from Fasttech but then after I inspect the photo of its deck, it looks like the design is mainly for dual coils.
    I wonder if single coil is used, will the airflow hit that single coil correctly? That make me hesitate ...
    There are a few single coil builds out there and it would have to be a beefy coil though.

Not my pic...
    27580859_261936097674185_8327217399623319552_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread