Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Yeah that's not as much as it looks in the pictures of the base at online shops.

It's only chamfered just enough on the bottom edge to make it look like it isn't quite screwed down all the way if you look VERY closely, and the chamfer is more on the bottom of the base. The sides of the base are straight.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

On a VTC Mini. It feels better than my Zeus, but just barely.
I have a silicone case on my VTC Mini so I don't feel it at all and you can't see the overhang when the case is on.

That's not bad. I might order one of those to try some day (preferably when the price comes down or I see a great sale).

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
That's not bad. I might order one of those to try some day (preferably when the price comes down or I see a great sale).

I got mine at eciggity. it was $27.99 I believe and if you use your google fu there's a coupon code that brings it down to $24.99.

If you like 22mm RTAs that don't leak, eightvape.com has the Geekvape Ammit on sale for $9.99 and if you use the code Geekvape20 it brings it down to $7.96.
The code is good for 20% off all Geekvape products on their site.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It’s for the dual only though.
I will bid you all adieu in this thread. The Zeus has gone back in it's box and was replaced by the JuggerKnot.

tPWe7Lll.jpg
I'm deeply in love with el pepinazo (the large cucumber) as one spanish speaker reviewer dubbed it. I'm afraid too much airflow. Can it be turned down? It's no good in some attys.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I'm deeply in love with el pepinazo (the large cucumber) as one spanish speaker reviewer dubbed it. I'm afraid too much airflow. Can it be turned down? It's no good in some attys.
It is a bit restrictive to start with and will turn down much tighter. No MTL tightness as the chamber and deck air slots are quite wide.

I put a single 4mm 24ga parallel Ti coil in it last night, replacing the dual fused claptons and it is quite serviceable in single coil mode. The single coil has to be large and quite high off the deck so the air flow hits the bottom half of the coil.

I'll futz around with the single coil for a little bit and probably end up putting a pair of 22ga Ni80 simple coils back in.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
It is a bit restrictive to start with and will turn down much tighter. No MTL tightness as the chamber and deck air slots are quite wide.

I put a single 4mm 24ga parallel Ti coil in it last night, replacing the dual fused claptons and it is quite serviceable in single coil mode. The single coil has to be large and quite high off the deck so the air flow hits the bottom half of the coil.

I'll futz around with the single coil for a little bit and probably end up putting a pair of 22ga Ni80 simple coils back in.
Keep us posted on your single coil, I’m not opposed to dual coils but if it can work well on single coil (so much easier on single battery mods) ;)

• Love
Reactions: TrollDragon

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I got mine at eciggity. it was $27.99 I believe and if you use your google fu there's a coupon code that brings it down to $24.99.

If you like 22mm RTAs that don't leak, eightvape.com has the Geekvape Ammit on sale for $9.99 and if you use the code Geekvape20 it brings it down to $7.96.
The code is good for 20% off all Geekvape products on their site.

I should mention that @DeloresRose alerted me to the $9.99 Ammit sale; so credit where credit is due.
I only had the the discount code.

Love ya Delores!!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Keep us posted on your single coil, I’m not opposed to dual coils but if it can work well on single coil (so much easier on single battery mods) ;)
Sorry the single coil got pulled earlier tonight and a simple pair of 3mm 7 wrap 22ga Ni80's were installed. I run the same build in a Supreme V2 and it works quite nicely at 90W. :D

The single worked fine, flavor wasn't too bad but not as good as the duals. I don't know what you'd put in there for your power level, I think it should have a 4mm ID or larger coil when used in single mode.

Another little quirk of the Juggerknot is that you shouldn't take the deck out when it's over 1/4 full of juice. They provide no way to keep the tank firmly attached to the top section other than a single o-ring. If you are careful, you can hold the tank in place and remove the base.

• Love
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm sold on topflow air.
I noticed how saturated/stained my leg ecig pocket is on these bibs last night. I'm sick of leaking.
Plus no more room except to replace one newer bottom flow (this is the only pocket like this so that's the one that did it) if I decide to replace that one (would probably be another Zeus) or if someone comes out with a 22mm top flow air atty with good capacity I would be interested in 3. Augvape has a tapered base so the overhang might not be horrible.
There are some bottom airflow, leak resistant attys. The Manta MTL, Blitzen, Serpent SMM are good examples. I like some bottom airflow when I can, but I prefer on the coil airflow. I'm still undecided about the Intake, I prefer the side airflow of the OBS or Zeus single.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    If I was going to put up with seeping then I'd get my four augvape merlin rta's out of storage. It was one of the best tanks I've had for flavor but all four seeped. I've had other bottom airflow rta's that have been fine but I've had my fair share of problems too.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2015
    If I was going to put up with seeping then I'd get my four augvape merlin rta's out of storage. It was one of the best tanks I've had for flavor but all four seeped. I've had other bottom airflow rta's that have been fine but I've had my fair share of problems too.
    I can relate to that. The OG Merlin RTA was such a fine single coil RTA. I loved mine but eventually it started to seep and even when it started, I used to use it and just wipe it all the time but as time went on, it has gotten worse. I loved the Merlin so much that I now have the Merlin Mini and the new (not really) Merlin MTL. I really wished the deck was designed differently so that it didn't seep. I guess lesson learnt for Augvape as I don't seem to be having seeping issues with my Merlin Mini or Merlin MTL.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA

That's why no matter what other things people suggest are leak free I'm sold on top flow air.
    I understand how top flow air would be hard to get leaking even if flooded. I also understand holes below the liquid/coil are able to leak.

I haven't had much of a problem with my later Subtank revisions but if I didn't rinse and dry every recoil the condensation could build up enough to find its way out of the base eventually.

For top air to leak it has to be a blown seal, bad cap or really bad wicking job.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2015
    That's why no matter what other things people suggest are leak free I'm sold on top flow air.
    I understand how top flow air would be hard to get leaking even if flooded. I also understand holes below the liquid/coil are able to leak.

I haven't had much of a problem with my later Subtank revisions but if I didn't rinse and dry every recoil the condensation could build up enough to find its way out of the base eventually.

For top air to leak it has to be a blown seal, bad cap or really bad wicking job.
    I love top airflow designs which direct the air to beneath the coil. I've tried a few top airflow designed leak proof RTA's and what I have noticed was that when the airflow was directed to beneath the coil as opposed to the sides, flavor was much better (at least to me). That is why RTAs like the Zeus Dual and now the Augvape inTake RTA are amongst my favourite RTA's to use. I absolutely love these RTA's performance and it's convenient to use. You don't have to experience ejuice on your hands when you're working or driving. It really is 'that much better' in my opinion.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I love top airflow designs which direct the air to beneath the coil. I've tried a few top airflow designed leak proof RTA's and what I have noticed was that when the airflow was directed to beneath the coil as opposed to the sides, flavor was much better (at least to me). That is why RTAs like the Zeus Dual and now the Augvape inTake RTA are amongst my favourite RTA's to use. I absolutely love these RTA's performance and it's convenient to use. You don't have to experience ejuice on your hands when you're working or driving. It really is 'that much better' in my opinion.

My only question is the number of seals in the Zeus and especially the Themis with its removable base.
    The build before last (2nd) I noticed the seal around the bottom of the glass looked odd. The last build I found I had tightened it too much and it was starting to buckle.

speedemon

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2009
    Chicagoland

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread