GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Oops... I built my Zeus this time with the coil too short... Flavor is OK but little vapor. What say you, out with the coil? It's not touching the base, but barely. Wicking seems ok, coil is 0.7 ohms.

Replacing is probably easier than troubleshooting if you had one that worked before.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Replacing is probably easier than troubleshooting if you had one that worked before.
I didn't know the Titan had bottom airflow too, though the center of the base. That Tiger was massive, rated with the original legs at .45 ohms. I finally took it out, reduced the diameter from 30 mm to 25 mm (thank god for those braided coils, even built and dry burned they're still very pliable). Went from .7 to .62 and it's vaping heavenly. Next time smaller coils :). This is becoming my favorite tank, so easy to wick, so unfinnicky, always vapes great and it's the easiest to build. I'm deeply in love :)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’ve been pretty happy with the four Zeus tanks I have and am really liking the augvape intake. I’ve been seeing the creed in emails and was wondering if anyone tried it yet. I’m a little leary of it since it has bottom airflow. I’ve had too many that leaked or seeped.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I’ve been pretty happy with the four Zeus tanks I have and am really liking the augvape intake. I’ve been seeing the creed in emails and was wondering if anyone tried it yet. I’m a little leary of it since it has bottom airflow. I’ve had too many that leaked or seeped.

The only thing I'm seeking at the moment is top flow.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2017
    Copenhagen (UTC+1)
    I'm a little leery of Steam Crave Glaz RTA standing close to my couch
    H462qfT.png

• Optimistic
    Reactions: KC0YNU

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    The only thing I'm seeking at the moment is top flow.
    You had asked earlier in this thread to let you know what I thought of the Zeus dual tank and how it compares to the single one.

I happen to like both the single and the dual. I get great flavor from both, but like the added air from the dual. I used a single coil in it as I thought(with the coils I have) the ohms would go way lower than I would like. Once in a while(but not consistently) a drop of liquid will come out(long after a refill) where the top cap meets the upper part of the tank. Have no clue as to why and there is nothing I can do to try and fix because of the way these top caps are constructed. Also like the bigger tank because it holds more ejuice. I will continue to use both versions.

ymmv

:)

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    You had asked earlier in this thread to let you know what I thought of the Zeus dual tank and how it compares to the single one.

I happen to like both the single and the dual. I get great flavor from both, but like the added air from the dual. I used a single coil in it as I thought(with the coils I have) the ohms would go way lower than I would like. Once in a while(but not consistently) a drop of liquid will come out(long after a refill) where the top cap meets the upper part of the tank. Have no clue as to why and there is nothing I can do to try and fix because of the way these top caps are constructed. Also like the bigger tank because it holds more ejuice. I will continue to use both versions.

ymmv

That works, especially using the dual as a single. I was mainly wondering about the flavor between the two. So I don't have to order a single.

So far I haven't had any leaking from top air other than some seeps around the 510 on Themis when first put together.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    That works, especially using the dual as a single. I was mainly wondering about the flavor between the two. So I don't have to order a single.

So far I haven't had any leaking from top air other than some seeps around the 510 on Themis when first put together.
    The wicking in the single can be trial and error. I have found that leaving the tails sticking out where visible and not quite half way to the base is the place for me. I use rayon and the coil and shoulders I leave fairly thick while the tails I thin out around 30% or so.

The dual was way easier for me. And other than the 1 drop I have had no leaking at all.

Good flavor for me in both tanks.

eta on the single there has been seeping on the bottom of the cap. Placed an oring (from a 510 drip tip) around the outside of the 510. I will let you know if that works or not because I am still not convinced that is where it is coming from......could be seeping on outer edge where it is machined press in.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    The wicking in the single can be trial and error. I have found that leaving the tails sticking out where visible and not quite half way to the base is the place for me. I use rayon and the coil and shoulders I leave fairly thick while the tails I thin out around 30% or so.

The dual was way easier for me. And other than the 1 drop I have had no leaking at all.

Good flavor for me in both tanks.

eta on the single there has been seeping on the bottom of the cap. Placed an oring (from a 510 drip tip) around the outside of the 510. I will let you know if that works or not because I am still not convinced that is where it is coming from......could be seeping on outer edge where it is machined press in.

I thought I had that with the dual but then remembered I took the top of the tank off the base and put it back on while the base stayed on the mod, so I bet I spilled a little getting it back together. I can't see anywhere in the base for it to leak out of except the center pin.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016

oudakontrol

Aug 25, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Anybody know the Zeus well enough to give me some pointers on troubleshooting?

After months of use, all of a sudden, I'm unable to screw my build deck all the way down without a short. At least that's what I'm assuming it is. My mods will stop firing and say temp protect. If I unscrew the deck a few turns it'll fire and thankfully doesn't leak. The build deck fires just fine when not in the tank. I imagine this is likely a seal issue but I dont have any other sets of seals for my Zeus and dont know where to get them. Any suggestions appreciated.

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Anybody know the Zeus well enough to give me some pointers on troubleshooting?

After months of use, all of a sudden, I'm unable to screw my build deck all the way down without a short. At least that's what I'm assuming it is. My mods will stop firing and say temp protect. If I unscrew the deck a few turns it'll fire and thankfully doesn't leak. The build deck fires just fine when not in the tank. I imagine this is likely a seal issue but I dont have any other sets of seals for my Zeus and dont know where to get them. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Seemingly the issue is that you're screwing your deck too far. You don't have spare o rings for your kit? You might have lost the oring at the base of the cage, when it screws onto the base. It's a thin one, at the base of the cage screw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread