Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Liking as I want one... I think?? I like the way the coil mounts and the top air control. Looks like a winner to me.
I like the deck quite a bit as well.
I mix high citrus juice and the 2ml glass tank is just too small. If it turns out to be a great atty I may do a search for a glass bubble. There are other good top air with good decks that will give me the glass tank I prefer.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    In case you accidently flip your mod, say on a table, isn't plastic bubble better since it won't break as easy as the glass one?
    Is there anything bad of the plastic tank that I should know?

Like Letitia, I use a fair amount of citrus flavors. I’ve had plastic tanks before that clouded up or deteriorated with some liquids. I mix all of my own liquid and don’t want to worry about what liquid I can or can’t use in a certain tank.

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Like Letitia, I use a fair amount of citrus flavors. I’ve had plastic tanks before that clouded up or deteriorated with some liquids. I mix all of my own liquid and don’t want to worry about what liquid I can or can’t use in a certain tank.
    You mean kind of chemical reaction between the plastic tank and your juice?

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I like the deck quite a bit as well.
    I mix high citrus juice and the 2ml glass tank is just too small. If it turns out to be a great atty I may do a search for a glass bubble. There are other good top air with good decks that will give me the glass tank I prefer.

Isn't Serpent Elevate come in 3.5 glass and 4.5ml plastic tank?

Reactions: Letitia

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    To quote from another really old thread, I miss @cindycated. :(

PMMA is basically acrylic, and is a step down in quality from polycarbonate. Whenever you hear of tanks cracking/melting with certain liquids, it's usually polycarbonate. PMMA is even worse. The problem is that they're at the bottom of the list for chemical resistance, so they don't play nice with the chemicals in certain flavorings. So if you vape any of the flavors that are known to crack tanks, you'd be better off with glass.

For non-tank-cracking juices though, PMMA is actually preferred over polycarbonate (even though it's not as tough), because it doesn't leach BPAs.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    You mean kind of chemical reaction between the plastic tank and your juice?
    Some materials will crack or get cloudy with some flavorings like citrus, pineapple, cinnamon, etc. That aside I simply prefer glass; it doesn't absorb scent, flavor or chemicals and is very hard to scratch. When I wash a glass tank I know it's clean.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Anyone see the cracks?

I saw what looked like two cracks on the bottom.
    Snap1.jpg

They could be 2 short straight lines on the chamber inside, sort of marking. The o-ring is not well placed, that is quite obvious.

Btw, I really dislike color tube, be it made of glass or PCTG

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    View attachment 779249
    They could be 2 short straight lines on the chamber inside, sort of marking. The o-ring is not well placed, that is quite obvious.

Btw, I really dislike color tube, be it made of glass or PCTG
    The o-ring looks fine to me. It sits at the bottom of the tank. Not positive if those are cracks tho. It looks like cracks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread