The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GeekVape Zeus RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Gallant, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    feel tempted, im about to get lunch time and build my babes, if a could take decent photos, will do the post... if not, well, we will chose another pioneer!

• Like Like x 1
  2. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    upload_2019-5-2_16-53-18.png
    well, no pics today, built in a such a hurry

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

How have the longer tails worked out for the spitback/flooding? Is it solved. That might help others having the same issue if you say exactly what you did and possibly post pics of the build.

4. Buckeyevapen

Buckeyevapen Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2016
    They have worked out great!

I barely thinned and I cut them to touch the base of the tank lightly. Flooding issue gone. Flavor is solid, though I vape simple menthol. Big wicking bubbles.

I wish I had pictures but I really didn’t do anything fancy other than barely do anything at all to thin the cotton and cut the wicks to touch the base.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Its been out for a while, but I want a good single coil RTA. Gonna buy this soon as funds are available.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    It’s a great atty imo. And to be honest I prefer it over the dual and X. The deck is roomy and it’s easy peasy to wick. I leave my wicks longer than what a lot of reviewers do. I was getting pre dry hits with thevshort wicking tails because I chain vape.

I normal put a small amount of juice on the tails as I’m putting them in place. The juice holds it in place. The bottom ends of my wicks touch the deck then I put it slightly under the deck. It’s been working and I get absolutely no dry hits or flooding.

Oh I should mention I use rayon. Play around with the positioning. The coil is suppose to be aligned with the air flow holes NOT to the wicking chanels.

Unbelievably I saw a review on YT were the reviewer had the coil lined up to the juice channels. The air flow was hitting an angled coil. Didn’t make much sense.

Any ways it’s a wonderful RTA for some fantastic flavor chasing!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I agree. The original Zeus is by far my favorite tank and I have several. I didn’t like the dual at all. I finally found a build that works for me on the X. It’s probably the easiest double coil that I’ve built on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Buckeyevapen

Buckeyevapen Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2016
    Agree. After I figured out how little one needed to do with wicking the X I enjoy it very much.

But

The original Zues is still top dog as my all day go anywhere choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    was mine too, but then started using a bit more my Zeus x, and now i rarely use single coil one, i wish geekvape put a bit more attention to customers comment, we want a single coil zeus remake, also a zeus mtl, they could complete the family pretty well, they just dont want to!

is a funny one to build, but not the easiest, i find totally easiest to build on themis dual over this zeus,

Regards,

• Like Like x 1
  10. hittman

Supporting member
    Eciggity has the original Zeus and is running 20% off with MEM2019. I grabbed another one for back up to my back ups.

• Like Like x 1
  11. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    i need to get a replacement base for one of my two zeus, im thinking on repair it and change it to a friend for blitzen, i love geekvape RTA's,

Regards,

12. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    I am a little ticked off at Geekvape. They seem to have NO intention of making the top cap seal available unless you buy the entire top cap. To make matters even worse the only way currently to get a top cap is to email customer service. Absolutely ridiculous!!They are including an extra seal with the dual so I know they have the damn things.To be fair the seals on my Zeus's seem fine for now I just think a company should stand behind their product and offer us replacements for things that will obviously eventually wear out.Call me nuts......
    P.S. They will sell you a topcap and seal for 2 dollars + 4 dollars shipping.The only thing I can hope for is that FT may eventually have them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    The Creed is good, but requires a lot of watts.

14. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    i own one, interesting comment, i own one and used it on mech... arround 55/75W and sometimes on regulated, arround 115W, on mech works amazing, high wattage too, i hate its glass leaks around base, solved a bit using the organge o-ring,

Regards,

15. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Are you referring to the X? What problem are you having is this issue that some people have reported leaking?

16. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Original Zeus.I am not having any problem per say.The last one I bought the top cap is a little loose so like an idiot I assumed I could easily find a new seal to see if that were the reason. Not only that but I like this RTA and want the parts for the future.Other people have had problems with it.

17. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Here's a thread for you Zeus X people.
    Geekvape Zeus X
    From hence forth I declare this thread to be for the original Zeus........:thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    Well done, indeed,

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. hittman

Supporting member
    Is the one for the dual the same as the original Zeus?

20. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    I think so. Can you check for me?:)
    Looking at it on FT it may not be the same......:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.