The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GeekVape Zeus RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Gallant, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I should finally have a zeus x sitting at home in the mailbox today. I've been waiting for a month and a half.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    WOW, long wait, im in costa rica and did waited 2 weeks since the order was placed... any way, amazing tank, comes with 2 amazing coils for a try, also 2 wicks, i did just used one for building dual

Regards,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hittman

Supporting member
    I ordered from 3avape on March 5. It shipped on the 7th and had been in limbo for a month or so. I just opened it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    congratulations, so plain, o perfect right?

Regards,

5. hittman

Supporting member
    This tank has a lot more airflow than the original Zeus. I started with a 4mm 24gauge kanthal coil and the flavor isn’t great yet. I might try the ones that came with it or I’ve got some alien v2 coils. I was hoping for good flavor from single coil. Maybe it’s just not broken in yet.

6. Buckeyevapen

Buckeyevapen Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2016
    Well if you break the flavor code let me/us know.

7. hittman

Supporting member
    After half a tank the flavor was much better. Like I said, I just used a 24ga kanthal coil at 4mm. It came out to .61 ohms. I’ve got the airflow closed a little over 3/4 of the way. I’m not used to this much airflow on a tank. I purposely used a graham cracker custard that is what I consider to be a subtle flavor to see how it performed. I’m pretty happy with the flavor I’m getting now. I forgot to mention that I cut the coil legs at 5mm.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    well i running mine with 2x ni80 0.40 ohm each (0.20ohm dual!) wire? well the always well known coilology ni80 tri-core fused claptons, flat ones, i just love this kinda wire, air open almost 3/4 or a bit more, not fully open cuz as other members stated, is too much air !

Favor is amazing, i do really like it, the draw is pretty cool, also love the 2 options they attached for driptips!, using the stock black and seldom switches for the amber one!

so far the unique thing i dont like or maybe i guess could be better is the grip for taking top cap or airflow, a bit more grip there will make this tank a totally ... kicker one!

PD: next build on it wil be single coil, i will love to use it on my humble mech!

Regards,

• Like Like x 2
  9. hittman

Supporting member
    After I run the single coil for a while then I'm going to try the coils that came with it. I'm going to have to mix up some lower nic liquid if I'm going to run dual coils. I usually run 12mg in all my other tanks. I've noticed even with the 4mm single coil that it has quite a bit of kick and could probably run 8-10mg in the single.

10. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    included coils are mostly similar to the ones i listed, well i dont know if they are ni80 too, but are amazing ones, i did built my friends black zeus x, well made, also comes with 2 cotton stripes with tips, i did used one in half, dunno if most people use one or 2, decent stuff is bundled with this atty,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Buckeyevapen

Jan 22, 2016
    Aaaaaand random dump of flooding.

Vaped fine for 2 days.

I am beginning to think I have a lemon.

What the heck?!?

12. hittman

Supporting member
    Mine has been sitting on a mod at home during the day while I'm at work and I've just been using it a little at night but I've had no flooding issues as of yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Buckeyevapen

Jan 22, 2016
    Yeah I don’t know. It’s so frustrating. I’m using 3mm ID coils. Dual set up. I am stuffing the wicking channels with cotton to the point where I worry I might over stuff them.

It vapes fine for a couple of days and within 20 minutes of refilling: yes I leave a bubble at the top. Bam! Massive flooding. Both air channels fill completely.

I’ve never had an issue like this on any other rebuildable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    i always try to take my fails as humble at possible, and believe im not perfect and i could fail, so if i were you, i'll take to a vape shop and ask for a help rebuilding, i know you are capable of building and rebuilding RBA's, but once again, sometimes we think we know everything and make everything works... just my two cents....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I’ve found out that filling the tank more than 2/3s of the way will cause a lot of spitback on both the Zeus Single and the X.

Try it next time like that. I can’t figure out what else it can be. Have you done a google search to see if this pops up on another forum or Reddit?

16. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Could be a bad seal on the cap and losing vacuum.

17. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Who else is having problems with flooding? Any fixes?

18. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

When you say “dump of flooding” - what EXACTLY is it doing and from where and when. Maybe post a photo showing where the leaking is coming from.

Thanks

19. Buckeyevapen

Jan 22, 2016
    Can’t post a picture. But basically the deck floods and fills the air flow.

From some reading I have been doing this is an issue with some of the first runs of the black one, which I have. Where the air chamber is not sealing correctly releasing the natural vacuum and causing the flooding.

At this point I plan on emailing geekvape.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. hittman

Supporting member
    It's a long story but I actually ended up getting two stainless ones. I have only opened one but haven't had any flooding issues since I started using it a few days ago.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.