GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
It's a long story but I actually ended up getting two stainless ones. I have only opened one but haven't had any flooding issues since I started using it a few days ago.
Based upon my research it appears to have happened to black Zeus X. And is a known issue from Geekvape.

• Optimistic
Reactions: hittman

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Based upon my research it appears to have happened to black Zeus X. And is a known issue from Geekvape.
I have also found a YouTube video which shows and corrects the airflow chamber defect. Essentially it is not pressfit completely causing the inner air chamber to not seal this releasing the vacuum causing massive flooding. My guess is this is also impacting flavor as that inner chamber would not be performing its function correctly.

I plan on disassembling mine and at attempting the fix. I shall report back. Until then no avengers endgame spoilers.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Can’t post a picture. But basically the deck floods and fills the air flow.

From some reading I have been doing this is an issue with some of the first runs of the black one, which I have. Where the air chamber is not sealing correctly releasing the natural vacuum and causing the flooding.

At this point I plan on emailing geekvape.
try changing all seals and rubbers included in the package, and also rebuild, if not ask for help to geekvape

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Can’t post a picture. But basically the deck floods and fills the air flow.

From some reading I have been doing this is an issue with some of the first runs of the black one, which I have. Where the air chamber is not sealing correctly releasing the natural vacuum and causing the flooding.

At this point I plan on emailing geekvape.

That’s interesting. I would definitely contact Geekvape sooner than later. If this has been an issue they better give you a new one. How frustrating for you!!!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
No luck.

Unfortunately per geekvape all of their customer service folks are in training until 5/5.

So until then the Zues X is on the shelf. (Wish I had gotten the SS one. No defect listed with them.)

Do you have the original? It’s got better flavor anyways if you do.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
well, i have done a built on a black one that runs perfectly, my friend also claims this as his perfect RTA, he loves it,
I’m glad to hear that you are not having issues. I want so badly for this to work. But I believe I have a lemon. The air chamber is not seating correctly causing massive flooding and making the tank practically unusable. It’s very very disappointing.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I’m glad to hear that you are not having issues. I want so badly for this to work. But I believe I have a lemon. The air chamber is not seating correctly causing massive flooding and making the tank practically unusable. It’s very very disappointing.
well, if you still on time, contact geekvape for a replacement, take no less than that, is pretty weird that just a color or edition comes with this problem, i have used my friends one the 1st day i did built it, no problems, its rocking on my friends mod for a week or so cuz our tanks came last week, my friend was using ma'tank since i was building his, then he left for work reasons, then i delivered the tank the next day, built, tested and amazed cuz it makes decent clouds and flavor, then i got back my SS one, i always choose SS or gold versiones, so i dont have to even think aboyu scratches, worn paint or so,

Regards,

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
The Zeus X has been the least rewarding or consistant RTA I have bought. At this stage its a regretful purchase, but y'know, not the end of the world
I just havnt got to a place where I can vape with it without thinking about it.
One thing I have discovered as far as spit back or a sense of flooding goes is to push the wick against the build deck to keep it off the chamber walls and that does eliminate the juice in the mouth problem I was having.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
So I rewicked leaving the tails much longer the previously. Literally touching the base. So far it hasn’t dumped into the air flow.

I also replaced the gasket on the inner air chimney.

I have yet to fill the tank completely. I did fill to just above the Zues head on the chamber and will see how it does over night.

It will take several days of normal vaping experience without issue for this tank to be trusted outside of the house.

Anyhoo, thanks to all for the encouraging words. And I will still be communicating with Geekvape as I’m not 100% sure that the issue with the tank is not a manufacturing flaw, but who knows. Maybe the wick tails do need to be down through the wicking channels deeper than I had done previously.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
So I rewicked leaving the tails much longer the previously. Literally touching the base. So far it hasn’t dumped into the air flow.

I also replaced the gasket on the inner air chimney.

I have yet to fill the tank completely. I did fill to just above the Zues head on the chamber and will see how it does over night.

It will take several days of normal vaping experience without issue for this tank to be trusted outside of the house.

Anyhoo, thanks to all for the encouraging words. And I will still be communicating with Geekvape as I’m not 100% sure that the issue with the tank is not a manufacturing flaw, but who knows. Maybe the wick tails do need to be down through the wicking channels deeper than I had done previously.
well im glad you did found alternatives and tried'em, and yes, cotton ends might touch base, to ensure complete flow of liquid, at least i did build mine taking that method for that reason, primed cotton and coil, then assamble it back, has been rocking this days, tomorrow will be heavily abused lol...
:banana:

Regards,

Reactions: Buckeyevapen

pericat

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
British Columbia

Zeus X RTA Flooding/Spitback Fix! : electronic_cigarette

This is the fix for the black and gun metal if you have the day one releases, some of the later batches of the black and gun metal were fixed by geekvape before sending out

The fix is to... hit it with a hammer? I am so happy right now. I'm serious, this cheers me no end. Thank you for finding that. I have just ordered a Zeus X and then thought, 'I should check out the word on it,' and then omg flooding maybe, so I was a bit concerned.

Now I am prepared for what may come. I have hammers.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
The fix is to... hit it with a hammer? I am so happy right now. I'm serious, this cheers me no end. Thank you for finding that. I have just ordered a Zeus X and then thought, 'I should check out the word on it,' and then omg flooding maybe, so I was a bit concerned.

Now I am prepared for what may come. I have hammers.
If you don't get a day one release in black or gun metal you have nothing to wry about.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
rebuilds to do today!
upload_2019-5-2_11-37-43.png

Reactions: Ruben41771
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread