GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
So, I think it shows some promise ... after recovering from some chain-vapers-tongue after some (seemingly) very successful rayon testing last night, I took my first pull this morning and throughout the entire day could taste kind of a "medicine-ey" flavor. In addition, there is a lot of additional work to wick it (brushing/trimming/etc.) ... flipped back to KGD for the time being (literally takes me 5 minutes, typically less to wick with KGD) ... when I get some more time I may try boiling/pre-cleaning the rayon first and give it another go.

I did finally get some Temco 24Ga SS316L in today, so switched to that as well... noticeably warmer with some stronger flavor associated with that. I think I'll stick with this setup for awhile until I get some more experimentation time.

All in the Zeus, of course. :)
If you prime the rayon wick a few times; Coil, wick, drip on coil & fire a few times it takes away the break-in time.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Just got mine in today and man do i love it it was easy to install a 3mm ID super juggernaut coil. i changed the flat head screws to grub screws. i got the wicking the fist time using djlsb wicking method vaping at 70 watts with an 80 watt preheat with no dry hits. i wish the capacity was a little more for its size but i do like it more then my serpent smm for it is easier to wick. Its a really good looking tank too

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
Just got mine in today and man do i love it it was easy to install a 3mm ID super juggernaut coil. i changed the flat head screws to grub screws. i got the wicking the fist time using djlsb wicking method vaping at 70 watts with an 80 watt preheat with no dry hits. i wish the capacity was a little more for its size but i do like it more then my serpent smm for it is easier to wick. Its a really good looking tank too

70 watts? :w00t:

I’m enjoying 17w with 25w preheat.
At 55w, I get a mouth full of hot juice....which is also nice.:thumbs:

Last edited:

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Good to know the Zeus can keep at higher wattage. AVS has some new framed staple coils. 10pk 14.99 coupon code New25 for 25% off all orders, expires Monday. Think I'll have to try them out.
I'm going to try out some SS and will be hitting you up for some advice on Temp Control

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I agree. I had been buying tank after tank only to be mostly disappointed until I got two of these. I’ll be watching for sales to pick up spares and then I’m done buying tanks for a while.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    After two weeks of daily use I wanted to share my thoughts about the flavor I'm getting from the Zeus. I have ran five different coil/wick setups since it arrived and while experimenting with it I was finishing off different juices that had been sitting for awhile. None of these juices were my favorites (that's why I still had some left) so I wasn't really expecting much as far as flavor. I was simply playing around and trying to see what worked best for me.

Last night I finally filled her up with one of my go to juices (Fizzie Lemonade by Basix) that I have always used with RDAs. I was expecting it to be good but not this good! I'm really amazed by how the Zeus is giving me flavor that is comparable to what I get from my Dead Rabbit. The vapor density isn't the same as an RDA but the flavor pops and that's something that I didn't expect.

Anyone who is considering the Zeus shouldn't let concerns about flavor stop them from getting one. This tank rocks!

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Mine has been here for a few days and I haven't even opened the box. I should be excited to try it out but it is black. Yes, I ordered black and got black. :D I probably would have already coiled and wicked it if it was a nice, shiny golden beauty. I will get around to it soon. For a black tank, it is attractive.

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Mine has been here for a few days and I haven't even opened the box. I should be excited to try it out but it is black. Yes, I ordered black and got black. :D I probably would have already coiled and wicked it if it was a nice, shiny golden beauty. I will get around to it soon. For a black tank, it is attractive.

You're a vapist! LMAO!:)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Such restraint in here. All these people that have theirs and don’t even open them. What’s up with that??? Take it from someone who’s still impatiently wating. “OPEN EM UP AND TRY THEM ALREADY “! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe tomorrow. :D

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    Such restraint in here. All these people that have theirs and don’t even open them. What’s up with that??? Take it from someone who’s still impatiently wating. “OPEN EM UP AND TRY THEM ALREADY “! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am there with you @Major911 I am also waiting on mine from Gearbest.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Okay, I broke down and opened up the Zeus. I made a staggered fused Clapton coil at 3.5mm, installed it will a great deal of difficulty (next time will be easier I think but I see what everyone is talking about those funky screws.) I wicked it, put the tank together, filled it up and popped it onto my black Minikin V2 where it promptly shorted out on me. I was a little worried about that coil as the wire I was using was VERY springy and the coil didn't feel right somehow - it didn't stay where I wanted it to be very well. Coil placement with this tank is especially important I believe. I rinsed it off again and am waiting for it to dry a bit before I try again. I might just use the included coil even though it is only 3mm.

I will let you all know how it goes. The first impression - don't use springy wire to make your coils. :oops:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread