The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GeekVape Zeus RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Gallant, Sep 26, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Zeus af is the best of anything I've owned. Agree with watching Daniel's yt review of the Zeus, perfect leg length and wicking technique. Just how tiny is your coil?

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Steve W Pedersen

Steve W Pedersen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    There 26g 8 wraps 316ss 3mm the coil posts are almost twice the length of my coil. I dont have any coiling rods yet so I am stretching them by hand pita.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    That's not too small. Daniel shows in many of his videos how to space a coil easily. Next time you change your wick just comb your tails, don't thin them. I went up to a 4mm coil this last time and am enjoying it. There are a couple of people having good luck with a 2.5mm coil, I think your coil is fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I have been serching ty for Daniel and zeus on ty does he use a diffrent name ?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Apologies, Daniel is his name. Same yt reviewer Randy recommended, DJlsb vapes is his yt channel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca

• Winner Winner x 4
  7. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Reeversong

Reeversong Full Member Verified Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Apex, NC USA
    I am the one using a 2.5 ID with 6 or 7 wraps. Using the Scottish roll without combing or thinning and it is working for me. It just seems that the wicking is so finicky when you try and thin it out, that I wanted a wick that I didn't have to do that with. And the 2.5 is about as high as you can go without thinning IMO. I do like to use a 3.5 ID when I have a lot of time to carefully thin out the wick. But it doesn't seem to last as long when I do that.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I only comb my tails for the Zeus, haven't needed to do any thinning like the Nanos. My wicks are lasting 8-12 days. Yes, you are one of the people having good luck with smallish coils in the Zeus.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hiclass

hiclass Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2016
    Zeus's air flow design is much better than the Nano's. Zeus AF coverage is relatively "bigger" and is able to cover nicely a 4mm coil, as long as you don't feed it with too lengthy coil... in a way, if it is a spaced coil than the gaps must be small. The idea is to ensure the whole coil is being blew by the AF perfectly.

After comparing Zeus and Nano, I manage to figure out the logic behind "why smaller coil works more efficiently in Nano" - because it is easier for the coil to be nicely covered by Nano AF (which is relatively small, especially when compare with the Zeus's).

I always think: under the condition that a wick is fluffy, the more quantity of cotton, the better the juice carriage. In the past I can't explain why smaller coil with less cotton works better - example in the case of Nano, but now I know exactly why.:sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Jooboy

Jooboy Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    uk
    Anybody want to swap a Gunmetal Trim for a Matt Black one?
    My Aegis is just TOO black... Got the Black Leather Black Body and Black Metal Trim...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jooboy

Jooboy Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    uk
    Has anybody tried Bubble Glasses from other 25 mm tanks to see of they fit the ZEUS?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jooboy

Jooboy Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    uk
    With my Set up, the ZEUS only gets enough Juice Flow when it is fully filled.. As it gets below half way, it tastes... Dry... Not Dry hitting juice hot and flavourless..

I have a UK 2ml version.. I think there is a restricted plate at the bottom of the deck.. Anyone know?

• Like Like x 2
  14. logan115

logan115 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2012
    Chicago, IL USA
    Hi All,

I've been vaping about 5 years and finally decided to take the plunge into the world of RTAs. Currently using a Tobeco Super Mini with .5 ohm coil at about 30W, and go thru about 3 mls of 12 mg 50/50 juice a day. I will also be ordering a few new mods, one that I'll use for the Tobeco and one for the Zeus - should 100W capacity be sufficient or do I need to go bigger ?

Looking to order this tank given the solid reviews it's received, but admittedly am a bit lost trying to figure out what gauge and diameter (and from where) to order for the wire and cotton.

One more question, I'm assuming with this RTA I'll be going thru more juice, is there a rule of thumb for how much more so I can cut the nicotine levels in my juice accordingly ?

Thanks,

Chris

• Like Like x 2
  15. KC0YNU

KC0YNU Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    By no means an expert but I would say you should be fine with the 12mg.

I run 12mg in mg my Zeus with 1.5ish ohm coils of 28ga kanthal A1 at around 25-30 watts.
    I run 24mg in my Nautilus minis with their 1.8 coil at about 9 watts.

YMMV hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. logan115

Sep 27, 2012
    Chicago, IL USA

Thanks for the info. I DIY my juice and have some 6mg base liquid sitting around collecting dust so if I see my daily consumption jumping I'll use that to either cut down the 12 mg or just switch to 6 mg.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    For pre-built coils and wire my go to is AVS, Advanced Vape Supply. They use ss316l and ss430. If you don't use tc do not order the 430. I'm currently running one of their staple framed 4mm, 7 wrap coils in my Zeus and quite pleased with the vape it provides. The tri core fc wire spool and pre-built coils are my favorites from them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. logan115

Sep 27, 2012
    Chicago, IL USA
    Thanks Letitia, appreciate the detailed info.

10 Pack Framed Staple Coil 316L SS (28*2/.1x.4*6/38g)

These are the ones, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Those are the ones. I went with 7 wraps due to low Ω. I use 7 wrap in Zeus and removed a wrap for the Drop rda.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I just got a pack of their framed staples with my Boaz RDA. How much power on the Zeus? I might have to try one in it if the Aegis will drive it. ;)

• Like Like x 2