Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I just got a pack of their framed staples with my Boaz rda. How much power on the Zeus? I might have to try one in it if the Aegis will drive it. ;)
Better flavor at 47w, better hit 50-53. I need to switch over to a sweeter juice. This melon blend doesn't work for me if very warm. Going to have some sweeter juices steeped in 4 more days. Thinking pistachio cream maybe.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Better flavor at 47w, better hit 50-53. I need to switch over to a sweeter juice. This melon blend doesn't work for me if very warm. Going to have some sweeter juices steeped in 4 more days. Thinking pistachio cream maybe.
Yum, pistachio cream sounds delicious. (I don't DIY though.)

I can see the Zeus getting a new build tonight along with the Boaz, thanks!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yum, pistachio cream sounds delicious. (I don't DIY though.)

I can see the Zeus getting a new build tonight along with the Boaz, thanks!
You will probably use much higher watts than I would like. The coil and the Zeus can handle them. You use rayon don't you?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
You will probably use much higher watts than I would like. The coil and the Zeus can handle them. You use rayon don't you?
Anything past 65W on the Aegis is really draining on battery life, but we will see how it fares.

Rayonati Acolyte here, Sally's or dm Viskose. I should try some KU one of these days... ;)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Anything past 65W on the Aegis is really draining on battery life, but we will see how it fares.

Rayonati Acolyte here, Sally's or dm Viskose. I should try some KU one of these days... ;)
Any reason it has to be on the Aegis?

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Ok.
Where to start.
Why did I wait so long to get into the RTA pool?
I
Don't
Know.

It took me 10 minutes to wick and prime. The flavor fidelity is outstanding. The vapor and air flow smooth. Perhaps I have a knack for wicking or maybe I just got lucky on my first try.
Don't know.

I cannot imagine going back to a Sub ohm tank after this.
If anyone is on the fence with this tank, take it from me a building rookie: you will not regret it.
Specks:
Coil: 2.5 ID ss316sl Clapton
Wick: cotton bacon
Liquid: 60vg/40pg
Air flow 1/3 open, 22 watts.

Tasty.

Thank you to the ECF universe for putting up with my questions.
I give this tank an 11 out of 10.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Well I put the AVS framed staple in the Zeus, removed a wrap as 7 was just too wide for my liking and wicked it up with Rayon. 80W and it's just starting to come alive, me thinks way too much metal for the chamber/airflow. I'll be going back to the 5 wrap Juggernot coil I had in there previously, twas a good idea but not for me. :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I find I enjoy the framed staple more in the Drop than the Zeus. After I run a few sweeter flavors at higher watts I'll decide if I want to keep it in Zeus. If not I'll try a 3.5mm tri core fc in it. May go with a spaced 5 wrap. Have it admit I am curious about the 2.5mm coils some are liking. Have a whole spool so lots of wire to play with.:D

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I find I enjoy the framed staple more in the Drop than the Zeus. After I run a few sweeter flavors at higher watts I'll decide if I want to keep it in Zeus. If not I'll try a 3.5mm tri core fc in it. May go with a spaced 5 wrap. Have it admit I am curious about the 2.5mm coils some are liking. Have a whole spool so lots of wire to play with.:D
I can't do 2.5mm coils any more, in a quad coil config yes, but not as singles.

I have a spool of AVS's triple core FC, love the wire but I find it gets gunked up really quickly with the 36g wrap.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I can't do 2.5mm coils any more, in a quad coil config yes, but not as singles.

I have a spool of AVS's triple core FC, love the wire but I find it gets gunked up really quickly with the 36g wrap.
My spool is tri core parallel fc 30gx3/38g and it doesn't gunk up much. Of course lower watts and diy juices contribute to my luck with the wire.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Ok.
Where to start.
Why did I wait so long to get into the RTA pool?
I
Don't
Know.

It took me 10 minutes to wick and prime. The flavor fidelity is outstanding. The vapor and air flow smooth. Perhaps I have a knack for wicking or maybe I just got lucky on my first try.
Don't know.

I cannot imagine going back to a Sub ohm tank after this.
If anyone is on the fence with this tank, take it from me a building rookie: you will not regret it.
Specks:
Coil: 2.5 ID ss316sl Clapton
Wick: cotton bacon
Liquid: 60vg/40pg
Air flow 1/3 open, 22 watts.

Tasty.

Thank you to the ECF universe for putting up with my questions.
I give this tank an 11 out of 10.
Glad to hear it. I am sure alot of us know how you feel about finding pleasant vape gear.:)
I am waiting for another sale so I can grab a "Little blue Zeus!"

you don't know what I got........:cool:
I have been using a 3mm Clapton in mine 26ss/36ka.Very tasty, simple to build ,and wick.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016

I can't use SS316l wire because a 5 wraps 4mm Flat Clapton coil only gives 0.17 ohm, the resistance of 4 wraps coil will be too low for my mod.:facepalm:

I am waiting for the arrival of my Kanthal Flat Clapton wire.
I am dying to try a 4mm 4 wraps spaced coil in Zeus.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I can't use SS316l wire because a 5 wraps 4mm Flat Clapton coil only gives 0.17 ohm, the resistance of 4 wraps coil will be too low for my mod.:facepalm:

I am waiting for the arrival of my Kanthal Flat Clapton wire.
I am dying to try a 4mm 4 wraps spaced coil in Zeus.
looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it

Jooboy

Dec 20, 2013
uk
After you mentioning that you stuck the wick all the way down, when I rewicked mine I used a Scottish roll with the KDG cotton. Going extremely strong still and getting good pulls at 20-27.5 watts. I think it might just be finicky.

Here is mine currently.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8jnJP7aKEb4IVLbV2

See?
This is the so called TPD Compliant version..
They prohibit half the juice capacity of the tank by damming off the juice under the wicks...

Genius (not genius)

Maybe it explains why some tips aren't working ?

I am going to see if I can remove it or if I have to cry to the manufacturers...

(I already did they didn't reply).

Attachments

• IMG_20180208_010239.jpg
    IMG_20180208_010239.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 58
Reactions: KC0YNU

Jooboy

Dec 20, 2013
uk
I just removed the 2 part gold 510 pin in the hope I could release the deck...
Nope..
It looks like the metal chunk is machined onto the deck anyway..

Damn..

Still, while I was at it, I tried the very short wicks... It is a billion times better at 37 watts (decreasing to 32)...

Tasty...

Pain in the .... as I only get about 4 hours daily before I need to refill...

Damn you EU! And your arbitrary TPD laws...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread