Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My zeus is on the way and I'm wondering what method you guys use cleaning the rta before first try? Thanks!
Warm bath with a drop of dawn will get rid of any traces of machine oil. The Zeus is very easy to break down and wash. Be careful to note where the orings go.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My black one came spotless and odorless. It's like it was already washed.
Both of mine were very clean as well. Some have not been so lucky. I always wash anyway these days. Didn't used to when vaping was still new, too eager. Bit me in the .... a couple of times. LOL

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
How high did you set your coil?
It wasn't as high as I originally thought but it is higher than my first builds. I will try it even higher next time. Sorry for the crappy pic. I should have looked at it before refilling...

Attachments

• 20180223_081341.jpg
    20180223_081341.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 61

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It wasn't as high as I originally thought but it is higher than my first builds. I will try it even higher next time. Sorry for the crappy pic. I should have looked at it before refilling...
Your coils look so tiny to me. Glad you are loving it. Curious how it compares to a dedicated mtl rta.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Your coils look so tiny to me. Glad you are loving it. Curious how it compares to a dedicated mtl rta.
My coil is a 2.5mm coil... It gives me the best flavor. The Zeus works better than all my other MTL tanks. When I buy a tank and it doesn't work as well as my others, I will not use it. That's how my vape life works...

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
My coil is a 2.5mm coil... It gives me the best flavor. The Zeus works better than all my other MTL tanks. When I buy a tank and it doesn't work as well as my others, I will not use it. That's how my vape life works...
After hearing all the positive comments about 2.5 mm coils in the Zeus I've decided to try one for myself. I made a bit of fused SS clapton wire this morning and I'm planning on trying it out this weekend.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
After hearing all the positive comments about 2.5 mm coils in the Zeus I've decided to try one for myself. I made a bit of fused SS clapton wire this morning and I'm planning on trying it out this weekend.
Let me know how it goes please. Your style is more similar to mine than ricks.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Let me know how it goes please. Your style is more similar to mine than ricks.
will do. after reading how he vapes with his I closed my af way down and lowered the temp and watts just to see if I could get something that resembles the MTL experience I get from Berserker Mini. I couldn't come close. Way too airy for me. If the smaller coil gives more flavor then I'm all for it. We shall see

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hey guys!
My zeus is on the way and I'm wondering what method you guys use cleaning the rta before first try? Thanks!

This looks pretty dope! Do you have link for it? Maybe on fasttech, or any 810 ultem will fit?
I didn't clean out my Zeus at all, GV stuff always comes ready to serve. :thumb:

All 810's fit. It was either from 3F or FT, I'll go through my orders later and get you a link. I had that one sitting around for quite a while as it has a wide base. Just so happens it lines up perfectly with the Zeus. :thumbs:

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
will do. after reading how he vapes with his I closed my af way down and lowered the temp and watts just to see if I could get something that resembles the MTL experience I get from Berserker Mini. I couldn't come close. Way too airy for me. If the smaller coil gives more flavor then I'm all for it. We shall see

According to the definition of Mouth To Lung, restrictive AF is not mandetary in this style of vaping. In fact, I consider myself to be a MTL vaper too but I like big cloud - i.e. fully opened AF of Zeus. The point is I never directly inhale into my lung when I vape. However, I recall, in my very first few months of vaping, I too feel uneasy with big AF.

Btw, today I build a 4 wraps Alien-Clapton coil for my blue Zeus and I take this opportunity to take photo of how I position my coil, try it and you might like it more than me:
Coils.jpg

So far it works fine:toast: hehehe...:laugh:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    According to the definition of Mouth To Lung, restrictive AF is not mandetary in this style of vaping. In fact, I consider myself to be a MTL vaper too but I like big cloud - i.e. fully opened AF of Zeus. The point is I never directly inhale into my lung when I vape. However, I recall, in my very first few months of vaping, I too feel uneasy with big AF.

Btw, today I build a 4 wraps Alien-Clapton coil for my blue Zeus and I take this opportunity to take photo of how I position my coil, try it and you might like it more than me:
    View attachment 724917
    So far it works fine:toast: hehehe...:laugh:

I like the looks of it. I’m going to try it next time I rebuild.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Your Aliens seem to be missing the curves in the wrap... ;)
    saddlehorseblues-coils-alien-clapton-coils-24631877005_large.jpg
    Yours looked better, indeed. It is made of SS316L?
    Mine is Kanthal.

I like the looks of it. I’m going to try it next time I rebuild.
    It works much better than what I have expected, may be it is due to less bending wick and thus better juice flow.

Just a reminder, you will need to cut slightly longer legs for your coil because you need to twist it more.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread