Genuine Joytech Cartomizer (No I'm not kidding. It's new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
OK, this got my attention, ordered both. I trust this will be the trick I've been looking for. Running around with a bottle dripping juice seems juvenile for some reason. Dripping has been the only thing that packs a big enough punch. I'm crossing my fingers. Thanks for the review.

I did get one dud carto out of 15. It never vaped. I'm going to disassemble it and post a vid with pics. Gotta figure how to get the end cap off.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL

Attachments

• 510 carto disassembly.jpg
    510 carto disassembly.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 865
  • 510 carto atty.jpg
    510 carto atty.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 344

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
From the pictures that looks like the 510 version, not the eGo mega version. That one looks like it could have enough room to attempt a replacement filament. Assuming the eGo is similar and larger it could be a greater possiblity.

I ordered some from cignot 1/mega, and 5/510 I look forward to trying them out.

I had 1 good cartomizer (I liked) that came with a mod (didn't like) that inspired me to purchase more, which didnt work as well. Having used one that worked so well, I know how nice they can be. Thanks for posting it here that you have found one that really performs well.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
From the pictures that looks like the 510 version, not the eGo mega version. That one looks like it could have enough room to attempt a replacement filament. Assuming the eGo is similar and larger it could be a greater possiblity.

I ordered some from cignot 1/mega, and 5/510 I look forward to trying them out.

I had 1 good cartomizer (I liked) that came with a mod (didn't like) that inspired me to purchase more, which didnt work as well. Having used one that worked so well, I know how nice they can be. Thanks for posting it here that you have found one that really performs well.

To be honest- I'm considering pulling apart a 510 atomiser, putting it in the place of the carto atomizer, and restuffing the carto.

If that is possible, this may become completely reservicable indefinately.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
To be honest- I'm considering pulling apart a 510 atomiser, putting it in the place of the carto atomizer, and restuffing the carto.

If that is possible, this may become completely reservicable indefinately.

Was the effort needed to take it apart enough to damge the threads of the atty?

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
rookie question: how much juice is a regular cartridge suppose to hold. I'm currently researching bigger and better because I'm hate having to refill all the time. I was a chain smoker and am (becoming) a chain vaper. I currently have a standard 501 3 piece and have been stalking your reviews around the board and youtube ;-)

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
rookie question: how much juice is a regular cartridge suppose to hold. I'm currently researching bigger and better because I'm hate having to refill all the time. I was a chain smoker and am (becoming) a chain vaper. I currently have a standard 501 3 piece and have been stalking your reviews around the board and youtube ;-)

They hold about 3/8ths of a ml with the filler. The Joye 510 Cartomizers hold about 9/10ths of a ml. Refill of the cartomisers is about .5 to .7 of a ml.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Hi Again Cozzicon,

Any news on how long they should last? I just ordered a 5 pack. My idea is if each carto can last roughly a week, I can order a pack a month. This would be financially viable. However if they're only good for 2-3 days of vaping then they would become too expensive.

I have one up to 8 refills so far. Have one that was DOA out of the box, and 13 being used. So far, except for the DOA, they are all working excellently.

I can't predict the future though.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Just got my cartomizers 1/eGo and 5/standard 510. I'm pleasantly pleased. They work just as you had said they would. Full flavor, nothing more. I've been a dripper and I would say these as good or better than dripping for consistency. Provided one has a juice that fits your taste well. These are the cats meow, oh my.
I haven't used one long enough to comment on their life expectancy, nor their construction integrity. I do hope they continue to please me, as I cold be completely converted if they do.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Just got my cartomizers 1/eGo and 5/standard 510. I'm pleasantly pleased. They work just as you had said they would. Full flavor, nothing more. I've been a dripper and I would say these as good or better than dripping for consistency. Provided one has a juice that fits your taste well. These are the cats meow, oh my.
I haven't used one long enough to comment on their life expectancy, nor their construction integrity. I do hope they continue to please me, as I cold be completely converted if they do.

Hey Poppa...

I'll be doing a followup soon in video.. I just want to continue beating them up.

They do vape well. That is for sure.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Hi Cossicon

Mine arrived yesterday. I must say your video is an accurate depiction of these new cartos. They're unlike I've ever had before, certainly way better. Here are my thoughts.

1. In terms of TH and a comfortable vape - they're the best thing out there. I would say the TH is equiv to dripping. Have you noticed they don't seem to crackle and pop, like regular cartomizers? I also love that they don't give you juice in the mouth (unless you overfill them)

2. They're a royal pain in the kester to refill. The pain is worth it, but I am having a bit of trouble with the maths. See I usually vape around 3ml's a day. These things claim to hold 2ml's, so even if you under fill them to 1.5mls - technically I should only have to fill these things twice a day, but that is definitely not the case. They're good for 2 hours tops. Still can't figure this out.

My only real complaint is that they might require a bit of filling expertise. I don't do the saturate and drain method like you. If you fill them normally, I think they taste finished while there is still juice in them. Are you saying if you saturate and drain they taste consistent right to the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread