Genuine Joytech Cartomizer (No I'm not kidding. It's new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanda

Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
It would be great if they could design these so the 2 caps were all one piece that could be taken off to give direct access to the fill port (it could either be pulled off or screwed off). Ideally the fill port would be larger so you could drip straight into it. When you re-insert the mouthpiece, it would automatically seal the juice. For me, that would make this almost perfect. Holding a little more juice would make it perfect.

Hmmm - not sure I explained that particularly well but hopefully you get my drift.

chargerrc

Jan 13, 2010
Gray La
Hey all

Does anyone know if these can be filled by dripping straight from a bottle into the battery end without even piercing the fill port. It seems to work and the juice disappears, but without opening one up, I'm not sure if the juice is going into the reservoir or up the sides where (I'm assuming) the air track is. I guess I'll need to pull one apart to get a better idea of exactly how they work, but if anyone knows, that would be great!

Thanks
Sanda

It could, but it seems like it would be extremely slow, and may get some in the air track. There is one small hole on one side of the coil that all three vents lead to. Dripping like this would first hit the atomizer, then the wick, then the filler. In my experience with them, the filler stops wicking correctly after about 3-4 refills. I think it cooks the remaining juice trapped in the filler, making it to thick to properly wick. I don't have this problem after a blue foam mod. It consistently sucks the cartomizer dry, and does not seem to gunk up the coil as much.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hey all

Does anyone know if these can be filled by dripping straight from a bottle into the battery end without even piercing the fill port. It seems to work and the juice disappears, but without opening one up, I'm not sure if the juice is going into the reservoir or up the sides where (I'm assuming) the air track is. I guess I'll need to pull one apart to get a better idea of exactly how they work, but if anyone knows, that would be great!

Thanks
Sanda

Check the Cignot subforum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cignot/115164-new-things-cignot-4.html#post1978752

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It could, but it seems like it would be extremely slow, and may get some in the air track. There is one small hole on one side of the coil that all three vents lead to. Dripping like this would first hit the atomizer, then the wick, then the filler. In my experience with them, the filler stops wicking correctly after about 3-4 refills. I think it cooks the remaining juice trapped in the filler, making it to thick to properly wick. I don't have this problem after a blue foam mod. It consistently sucks the cartomizer dry, and does not seem to gunk up the coil as much.

I agree with your assessment about poor wicking of the filler, especially after 3-4 refills.

Could you describe your blue foam mod in a little more detail? How much blue foam are you putting in a carto?

BTW, I had no luck with my attempt at dry burn--I charred the wick. But a soak in alcohol worked reasonably well.

Last edited:

chargerrc

Jan 13, 2010
Gray La
Once you remove the housing, rinse the atomizer part under warm water to remove excess juice. I dry burn using a 6 volt device pulsing until the coil glows orange and keep doing it untl there is no more smoke. The wick should not be affected, I think what your seeing is unburnt residue on the wick.

For the blue foam mod pull all the filler out of the housing, rinse under warm water, dry it out, Ijust blow it out. Cut a piece of blue foam around 1/4" x 1/4" maybe slightly larger, fill the juice tank, and place the blue foam flush with the top of the tank (right where the air channel starts. put it back together and your ready to go. I maybe able to take some pics later but right now were getting ready for my son's birthday party. Good luck. Take a look at my avatar to get an idea of how far to put the blue foam in.

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
Please think again about using sharp needles with these. Anyone who has ever had to work with needles and syringes for their intended purpose and tell you that it is so very easy to accidentally puncture oneself - and you could easily find yourself injected with a deadly poison. If you are afraid of pushing down too far on the filling get a needle that is only 1/2 or 5/8 an inch long.

I have sharps - but I am careful to blunt them - which I do so in just a few seconds with a nail file before using them anywhere near nicotine. Also if seems like it would be easy to cut off an inch or so of the needle you have with some wire cutters - which would give you a short blunt needle ( I have never done so - but it seems it would work - though you might have to be careful not to squeeze the needle shut).

Anyway just a word of caution from a person who has stuck herself many times - (though thankfully the only things I have accidentally injected myself with were saline solution and famotidine)

chargerrc

Jan 13, 2010
Gray La
Remove all of the filler and just put a small 1/4" x 1/4" plug at the top of the tank. To do this you will have to compress the foam plug ,after it is in place it will expand and hold it there. No filler in the tank at all just the foam plug at the top. I have yet to have one come out or leak. After this there is no need to use a needle to fill it, just drip fill the tank and replace the foam plug.

I agree sharp needles and nicotine are an accident waiting to happen. If your going to syringe fill, I recomend puncturing the seal with a sharp needle, and filling with a blunt needle, that way there is no nicotine in the sharp one incase you poke yourself.

I would only recomend using these with an ego or somthing else that has a cone to help protect the housing from side loads. The housings are very thin and brittle, I have cracked one. A small piece of heat shrink tubing at the base may strengthen this area and help solve this issue.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Please think again about using sharp needles with these. Anyone who has ever had to work with needles and syringes for their intended purpose and tell you that it is so very easy to accidentally puncture oneself - and you could easily find yourself injected with a deadly poison. If you are afraid of pushing down too far on the filling get a needle that is only 1/2 or 5/8 an inch long.

I have sharps - but I am careful to blunt them - which I do so in just a few seconds with a nail file before using them anywhere near nicotine. Also if seems like it would be easy to cut off an inch or so of the needle you have with some wire cutters - which would give you a short blunt needle ( I have never done so - but it seems it would work - though you might have to be careful not to squeeze the needle shut).

Anyway just a word of caution from a person who has stuck herself many times - (though thankfully the only things I have accidentally injected myself with were saline solution and famotidine)

This is an excellent piece of advise. I've yet to ..... myself with a syringe, but I can't say I'm really pleased I have to use them. I would advise people to try make the initial hole with something else, rather than the syringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread