Genuine Joytech Cartomizer (No I'm not kidding. It's new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
My only real complaint is that they might require a bit of filling expertise. I don't do the saturate and drain method like you. If you fill them normally, I think they taste finished while there is still juice in them. Are you saying if you saturate and drain they taste consistent right to the end?

Well- it's hard to make this an exact science- I've found a slightly more consistent vape with a 3/4 ml refill (which is a slight overfill), give it a minute to soak, then draw out the excess.

But the thing is- you can never vape any design dry as long as it uses filler. And these use filler. So you are always leaving 1/4 ml behind. But I suppose that is the price of not having to refill carts, constantly.

Last edited:

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The wide eGo cartomizer: I am finding the vape to have that dry taste that is so distracting at 3.5 to 5 volts. It was initially just fantastic, it may be running low faster than I would expect it to, I'm unsure.

The 510 cartomizer: is fantastic at 3.7 and up to 5 volts, I have not tried it at a higher voltage and probably won't. I like it to much to attempt flat lining it. I used one yesterday on the first fill with no backup (out and about) for 6 hours, at 4 volts, and I vape non stop. I find it works very well at any voltage that I've set it at, with no gag taste. So far I have yet to run one dry, as I'm interested in the consistency and quality to much to allow it the time to go dry. it has been filled twice now.

I had to trim the eGo cartomizer to fit my device (Buzz), since it is made of plastic it was a simple process. Is the wide eGo atomizer made of metal?

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Well- it's hard to make this an exact science- I've found a slightly more consistent vape with a 3/4 ml refill (which is a slight overfill), give it a minute to soak, then draw out the excess.

But the thing is- you can never vape any design dry as long as it uses filler. And these use filler. So you are always leaving 1/4 ml behind. But I suppose that is the price of not having to refill carts, constantly.

Thanks, I'll try this. Well all in all, these cartos are the existing "holy grail" of vaping. I've since gotten better needles to refill them. Guys its important to get Fine grade needles, not extra fine. They give a lovely clean and consistent vape. Been using one for 3 days so far without any issues.

The way I see it a Joye Product Designer / Engineer decided to throw out all the rules of convenience and primarily focused on how the thing vapes. The market is flooded with easy refill cartridges that simply don't work that well. Dripping works, but my main gripe is that it is easy to get juice in your mouth, and dripping while on the move isn't practical. I bet when this cartomizer was proposed a great deal of people around the table apposed it because it is in some ways taking a step back to the original syringe fill design, but somehow the design was approved because it vapes so damn well. I can't wait for the v2 of these. Sometimes good designers go for functionality first, then pretty it up later. I guess if they could make these easier to refill it would mean we're nearly there in terms of solid, reliable and easy to use cartomizers.

Last edited:

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Thanks, I'll try this. Well all in all, these cartos are the existing "holy grail" of vaping. I've since gotten better needles to refill them. Guys its important to get Fine grade needles, not extra fine. They give a lovely clean and consistent vape. Been using one for 3 days so far without any issues.

The way I see it a Joye Product Designer / Engineer decided to throw out all the rules of convenience and primarily focused on how the thing vapes. The market is flooded with easy refill cartridges that simply don't work that well. Dripping works, but my main gripe is that it is easy to get juice in your mouth, and dripping while on the move isn't practical. I bet when this cartomizer was proposed a great deal of people around the table apposed it because it is in some ways taking a step back to the original syringe fill design, but somehow the design was approved because it vapes so damn well. I can't wait for the v2 of these. Sometimes good designers go for functionality first, then pretty it up later. I guess if they could make these easier to refill it would mean we're nearly there in terms of solid, reliable and easy to use cartomizers.

Well- with the carto disassembled it's easy to see elements of both the 510 and 306 in the design.

One of the things I've noticed is that in general Joye products are * consistent*.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
The wide eGo cartomizer: I am finding the vape to have that dry taste that is so distracting at 3.5 to 5 volts. It was initially just fantastic, it may be running low faster than I would expect it to, I'm unsure.

The 510 cartomizer: is fantastic at 3.7 and up to 5 volts, I have not tried it at a higher voltage and probably won't. I like it to much to attempt flat lining it. I used one yesterday on the first fill with no backup (out and about) for 6 hours, at 4 volts, and I vape non stop. I find it works very well at any voltage that I've set it at, with no gag taste. So far I have yet to run one dry, as I'm interested in the consistency and quality to much to allow it the time to go dry. it has been filled twice now.

I had to trim the eGo cartomizer to fit my device (Buzz), since it is made of plastic it was a simple process. Is the wide eGo atomizer made of metal?

RE: Joye voltages

It seems to me that most Joye stuff is made to run at the stock 3.2 of 510/eGo batteries. I haven't tested these at higher than 3.2. But juice consumption does go up at higher voltages.

Re: MegaeGo Atomizers

Yup they are all metal. I have two and they both vape great. I usually go all VG with these. EcoPure juice turns them into dance floor fog machines.

chrizzle

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2010
Chicago
Coz, what are the burning characteristics of this carto? 808s are a little finickey on when they should be swapped out and there is a fine line between decent vape and burning. If you are not careful you wind up burning the filler and runing the carto. How about these? i am thinking about switching from my 808 to an eGo pretty soon. I love the conveninece of a carto design, but am beginning to see some of the limitations with them.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Coz, what are the burning characteristics of this carto? 808s are a little finickey on when they should be swapped out and there is a fine line between decent vape and burning. If you are not careful you wind up burning the filler and runing the carto. How about these? i am thinking about switching from my 808 to an eGo pretty soon. I love the conveninece of a carto design, but am beginning to see some of the limitations with them.

On the three I have that have died so far, there has been no burning. The construction of these is different, the wicking bunches to a knot when is positiond next to the coil. So there is no fabric.

From what I'm observing, the vapor production and taste drop off well before you can burn one of these things.

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Hey Cozz.. well I am at day 1 with these... they are pretty sweet if you ask me. I will go more in detail in my own thread :D.. but I would like to share with you one thing I did to prevent the worry of using the actual needle to refill.

First I punctured that "seal" with the paper slip itself (90o bend and pushing it against the table)

Then I just use the plastic sleeve that some needles come with.... (or if you had tried the e2's the little plastic "needle" thingie")

so far no worries in that department.

EDIT: THANKS for your Review and comments on these

Last edited:

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Hey Cozz.. well I am at day 1 with these... they are pretty sweet if you ask me. I will go more in detail in my own thread :D.. but I would like to share with you one thing I did to prevent the worry of using the actual needle to refill.

First I punctured that "seal" with the paper slip itself (90o bend and pushing it against the table)

Then I just use the plastic sleeve that some needles come with.... (or if you had tried the e2's the little plastic "needle" thingie")

so far no worries in that department.

EDIT: THANKS for your Review and comments on these

I'm totally interested in any tricks or tips you have come up with.

I'm glad you like them :)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Cozzi I have decided to take the plunge and try these out. My Chuck finally arrived today and as I told you last night, I ordered it with the 510 fitting just in case I ever decided to cheat on my beloved KR8 Turbos. Women can be so fickle!

The Turbo with an adapter is working fine at 3.7 but at 6V and my heavy trigger finger I'll either blow the carto or the back of my head off ha!

Anyway, thank you for answering so many questions for me and I have another one. I also just ordered some DIY stuff and among those supplies will be some 18 gauge blunt tip syringes. Will that work for filling these 510s? I see that Lightgeoduck has found a way to not use a syringe at all. I also have the 18 gauge blunt tip squeeze bottles that go with my WetBox. With all the high recommendations I am looking forward to trying these out :)

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Cozzi I have decided to take the plunge and try these out. My Chuck finally arrived today and as I told you last night, I ordered it with the 510 fitting just in case I ever decided to cheat on my beloved KR8 Turbos. Women can be so fickle!

The Turbo with an adapter is working fine at 3.7 but at 6V and my heavy trigger finger I'll either blow the carto or the back of my head off ha!

Anyway, thank you for answering so many questions for me and I have another one. I also just ordered some DIY stuff and among those supplies will be some 18 gauge blunt tip syringes. Will that work for filling these 510s? I see that Lightgeoduck has found a way to not use a syringe at all. I also have the 18 gauge blunt tip squeeze bottles that go with my WetBox. With all the high recommendations I am looking forward to trying these out :)

Hey Bov,

You are certainly welcome.

I use a 20 gauge sharp syringe to fill these for a couple of reasons.

1. You can damage the filler with a blunt tip... push to far and you shove the wicking to the bottom of the carto. The sharps seem to not catch the filler but rather pierce through it.

2. Leaves a smaller hole in the fillport less chance for leaking.

I'm still waiting for LGD to post a video with his tips and tricks. I'm trying to *motivate him*. Because I've decided I like these and after the followup review will be moving on to the ... 306 atomizer (I think).

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Ahh, I didn't think about it packing down the filler...all these different orders are killing me on shipping costs! Maybe I can get one locally...Cignot didn't have any on their site or I would have ordered it with the cartos. Thanks again for being so enthusiastic about helping others improve their vaping experience :)

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Ahh, I didn't think about it packing down the filler...all these different orders are killing me on shipping costs! Maybe I can get one locally...Cignot didn't have any on their site or I would have ordered it with the cartos. Thanks again for being so enthusiastic about helping others improve their vaping experience :)

FreedomSmokeUSA has a nice assortment.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Thanks to all the testers for the quality field testing, should help many vapers including me as I seem to have a love hate relationship with standard cartomizer. Think I could live with the one nasty tasting vape at the end if it solves the burning issues. And a mod/serviceable cartomizer just might be the holy grail as far as I'm concerned.

Again thanks for being the guinea pigs, keep enjoying your vaping adventure.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Cozzi I got my cartos in the mail this morning and so far am loving them. The syringes I ordered with my diy stuff were sharps instead of blunts so it worked out perfectly! It was much less hassle to fill that expected and I LOVE love love the fact that you can suck a bit of juice back out with the syringe after you saturate!

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Cozzi I got my cartos in the mail this morning and so far am loving them. The syringes I ordered with my diy stuff were sharps instead of blunts so it worked out perfectly! It was much less hassle to fill that expected and I LOVE love love the fact that you can suck a bit of juice back out with the syringe after you saturate!

They do rock.

Glad the filling isn't a problem for you. It doesn't really bother me. But it's mor involved than drops in a cart.

Yay!

chargerrc

Jan 13, 2010
Gray La
I decided to pull one of these apart tonight, it came apart fairly easy. Just screw it into a battery and pull straight up on the plastic part, start slowly twisting and pulling and wiggling it will come right off the atomizer. I was able to wash the atomizer, dry burn it, and replaced the filler with a blue foam plug. It is working better than new, with more liquid capacity. I did this to one that was still working but would get a burnt taste after about 10 or so hits. There was no burning of anything inside besides juice gunk on the coil. Give it a try, it was suprisingly easy.

sanda

Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Hey all

Does anyone know if these can be filled by dripping straight from a bottle into the battery end without even piercing the fill port. It seems to work and the juice disappears, but without opening one up, I'm not sure if the juice is going into the reservoir or up the sides where (I'm assuming) the air track is. I guess I'll need to pull one apart to get a better idea of exactly how they work, but if anyone knows, that would be great!

Thanks
Sanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread