Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I know there are already a few threads out there about this mod. I haven't seen any about the kit. I'm really, truly looking forward to this mod. I mean, I baby my mods, but you can never be too sure... I want something accurate (after the updates lol), powerful (enough), and long lasting (with 26650). More than that, though, I want something versatile! The Aegis, when used with alternate battery caps and adapters can used 18650, 26650, 20700, or 21700... maybe others. And, it'll work well with nearly any tank you can throw at it. Nearly... I mean, 41mm, really? Nah...

Oh, and I like the display... lots of detailed info.

But, this comes with a tank. The very new Geekvape Shield tank. A 4.5 ml top-fill tank that looks to be on equal footing with the Smok Big Baby Beast... easier to say, though... with available 0.15 ohm quad coil and 0.4 ohm single coil heads. Here's hoping an RBA head is forthcoming.

Looks to be a nice rig!

From what I'm seeing, the price is right... I mean, a mod, tank, coils, and battery... c'mon!

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Aegis-Kit-26650.html
a15062677ab357203dcd54af68515676.jpg
d381dfdbc3c0b3bbbd045765e83c4124.jpg
4ec2a04005d64d3ea35b4dedebcdc4fc.jpg
bcfd1ddd4c2831722bfde53562210e0c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
My problem with this device is the battery venting holes. In case of battery venting, this device would be pointing those super heated gases right at your face. Yes it is rare to have a battery go into thermal overload, but if you end up being the "one in million", the odds are going to be of little consolation. Otherwise I agree this looks like a great device.

Does that tank happen to have a rebuildable head? I would be interested in the tank if so.

• Agree
Reactions: gofishtx

Waddah

Oct 14, 2017
In the first post, I hinted at accuracy with updates...

Read the comments when you watch the review...

Man they have an issue with this mod. When the battery is 50% or less the wattage never makes it to the wat that i have set the mod at. So many comments i the video you shared are also discussing the same. Even in the video it was happening and even worse where the device would shutdown itself.
Im really disappointed with this mod

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Man they have an issue with this mod. When the battery is 50% or less the wattage never makes it to the wat that i have set the mod at. So many comments i the video you shared are also discussing the same. Even in the video it was happening and even worse where the device would shutdown itself.
Im really disappointed with this mod
Had mine for two days. I have run the most recent update. I'm not having the issues you describe.

A lot will depend on what wattage you're running. At 35-50 watts, there should be no issues. I've been running mine around 65. If, on the other hand, you're trying to get 100 watts out of it... yeah, you're gonna be disappointed. DJlsb said he got 100 on a fresh cell, but that it dropped to around 78 as the cell discharged.

Then, again, just because a mod is rated at 100 does not mean it should be used continuously at 109. You don't drive your car everywhere at 150 mph, I would hope.

Waddah

Oct 14, 2017
Had mine for two days. I have run the most recent update. I'm not having the issues you describe.

A lot will depend on what wattage you're running. At 35-50 watts, there should be no issues. I've been running mine around 65. If, on the other hand, you're trying to get 100 watts out of it... yeah, you're gonna be disappointed. DJlsb said he got 100 on a fresh cell, but that it dropped to around 78 as the cell discharged.

Then, again, just because a mod is rated at 100 does not mean it should be used continuously at 109. You don't drive your car everywhere at 150 mph, I would hope.

I am vaping at 55-65 watts as well. I am using an 18650 battery. First the battery drains very very very quickly and when it is at 50% or less if you look at the wattage when you press the fire button you will notice it does not make it to the wattage you set to. You will also notice the current Amp is also gone down. As i said so many ppl are having the same issue in the comments in your video.

BTW which battery you are using? How many buffs till the battery drains?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I am vaping at 55-65 watts as well. I am using an 18650 battery. First the battery drains very very very quickly and when it is at 50% or less if you look at the wattage when you press the fire button you will notice it does not make it to the wattage you set to. You will also notice the current Amp is also gone down. As i said so many ppl are having the same issue in the comments in your video.

BTW which battery you are using? How many buffs till the battery drains?
I've got the Aspire 4300 mAh 26650. I'm in TCR TC 110 at 65 watts and 460 F. On the battery I removed this morning, I had, I think, 349 puffs. On the battery in it niw, I am up to 82 puffs, and the meter looks to be about 80%

What cell are you using?

Waddah

Oct 14, 2017
I've got the Aspire 4300 mAh 26650. I'm in TCR TC 110 at 65 watts and 460 F. On the battery I removed this morning, I had, I think, 349 puffs. On the battery in it niw, I am up to 82 puffs, and the meter looks to be about 80%

What cell are you using?

I am using AWT 3000 mAh ( i know this one sucks and i am going to get a 26650 battery hopefully i can get the iJOY 26650 4500mAh) and it drains very quickly. I barely can pull 60 puffs out of this. at the 50% battery life, the wattage drops and hence i don't enjoy the vaping so i switch to another battery :(

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I am using AWT 3000 mAh ( i know this one sucks and i am going to get a 26650 battery hopefully i can get the iJOY 26650 4500mAh) and it drains very quickly. I barely can pull 60 puffs out of this. at the 50% battery life, the wattage drops and hence i don't enjoy the vaping so i switch to another battery :(

AWT has been known to overrate their batteries. I know the red one rated at 40A has been tested to be more like 20A. If you have the purple 35A rated it is probably more like a 15A or possibly even 10A (haven't seen the actual tests on purple).

A lot will depend on what wattage you're running. At 35-50 watts, there should be no issues. I've been running mine around 65.

I'm in TCR TC 110 at 65 watts and 460 F.

When running in TC the wattage you set really does very little. That wattage is just the INITIAL wattage used until the desired temp is reached (probably less than 1 second) then wattage will drop, often significantly, and then fluctuate slightly to maintain the set temp. So the average wattage you are using is going to be significantly less when maintaining the temp.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
AWT has been known to overrate their batteries. I know the red one rated at 40A has been tested to be more like 20A. If you have the purple 35A rated it is probably more like a 15A or possibly even 10A (haven't seen the actual tests on purple).

When running in TC the wattage you set really does very little. That wattage is just the INITIAL wattage used until the desired temp is reached (probably less than 1 second) then wattage will drop, often significantly, and then fluctuate slightly to maintain the set temp. So the average wattage you are using is going to be significantly less when maintaining the temp.
Oh, I'm very aware of that, but included it to provide a complete record. Thanks!

Waddah

Oct 14, 2017

Im using only power mode.
Btw there is an update for this mod just released today - version 1.23a and i have installed and i see an improvement here. No wattage drop at all but the battery still drains fast. I will buy a 26650 battery and see how this mod then behaves

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Probably a good plan. I think Mooch just tested one that he found to be excellent, IIRC. I've been keeping my eye out since I'm getting a Capitain mod from a giveaway, and I know I will need another battery.... I'm kinda waiting til it gets here first, though. :)

Anna
But the Captain uses 20700 only. Just contact the vendor to ensure that the pos post on the cell has 5 legs, and you should be good. I have about 16 cells, and they all have 5 legs.

That's 80 legs if you're the counting type.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
But the Captain uses 20700 only. Just contact the vendor to ensure that the pos post on the cell has 5 legs, and you should be good. I have about 16 cells, and they all have 5 legs.

That's 80 legs if you're the counting type.
The Captain has an adapter sleeve so you can use 18650s too. I haven't tried it though. I wanted an Aegis but haven't decided yet.

• Informative

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Captain has an adapter sleeve so you can use 18650s too. I haven't tried it though. I wanted an Aegis but haven't decided yet.
The Aegis kit comes with, or has available, adaptors to run 20700, 21700, 18650 and 26650.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
The Aegis kit comes with, or has available, adaptors to run 20700, 21700, 18650 and 26650.

Still looking at reviews. I need something that will hold up to 6 hours of steady use when I am out for a day of kayak fishing. Thanks for the info:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread