Status
Not open for further replies.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
Well, as I stated before. The Flair project is all sourced work by machinists therefore it is not taking up my time. Your Lignum vitae is near complete and honestly was the biggest PITA I have encountered on top of the fact you asked me to make something totally custom that I have not done so needed to build prototypes from cheaper materials to make sure it would all work as well. I am on my 3rd rendition of it. The wood you supplied had split in many areas after it was cut and milled which means it was not near dried enough (moisture content was way to high). So I had to source and purchase more LV.
Brad, I restate what my position has always been: communication is crucial. If you leave me in the dark for weeks, after mentioning a date, and don't come on the forums, what can one do?
All the details you are giving me now, I learn of them now. I didn't know the wood I sent you was bad (you told me differently by email, when you received it), I didn't know you had needed to source extra wood, I didn't know about the prototype much less about propototypes. Had I known all this, I could have understood your position better.

See? Communication.

At this point, just let me know if you want to do this Grip, if you feel confident about a date. Otherwise, let's call it quits. It's up to you.

Thanks for the updates, I'm sure I wasn't the only one waiting for them.

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
Brad, I restate what my position has always been: communication is crucial. If you leave me in the dark for weeks, after mentioning a date, and don't come on the forums, what can one do?
All the details you are giving me now, I learn of them now. I didn't know the wood I sent you was bad (you told me differently by email, when you received it), I didn't know you had needed to source extra wood, I didn't know about the prototype much less about propototypes. Had I known all this, I could have understood your position better.

See? Communication.

At this point, just let me know if you want to do this Grip, if you feel confident about a date. Otherwise, let's call it quits. It's up to you.

Thanks for the updates, I'm sure I wasn't the only one waiting for them.

:thumbs: yes you are correct my friend... I guess that has always been a fault of mine and something I need to work on improving. :/ my gf had broke up with me a few weeks ago stating the same thing as the main reason, my communication skills. Anyways, no worries, the wood I have now is fine and it is near complete again lol

I was unaware that the wood was like that when we spoke. I had talked to the guy that the wood came from and he told me it was certainly dry and I took his word for it. The wood was all sealed in paraffin wax so appeared good when I milled the stock but after a little time it started checking and splitting and such which is a result of drying to quickly. For wood to air dry it should be waxed or wrapped in shrink wrap go prevent from drying to quickly. Wood can take anywhere from a few months up to 10 years (depending on species and moisture content) to air dry properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aidreon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
France
Gorman is right Brad, I'm sure people would be ready to wait a looooong time as long as they know what you're doing. At least one update a week would be enough I guess, but it can make someone's crazy to hear nothing from the modder for weeks :D

Gorman, Lignum Vitae is such an amazing wood, definitely my all time favourite. Not as spectacular as some other woods can be, but I just love how it looks...and I love how it smells too! I'm sure you'll love this Grip mate ;)

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
More pics :)

017_zpsb24f4ad6.jpg

018_zps56e7f899.jpg

019_zps486f9470.jpg

020_zpsc43c985c.jpg

021_zpsc3c4a756.jpg

022_zps443e6c99.jpg

023_zps6b1d6dc2.jpg

aidreon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
France
damn... that thing just look sick aidreon.

:drool:

where did you get that insane drip tip anyways?

It really is awesome, just can't show how beautiful this Grip is in a pic :wub:
The DT comes from Kayte&Doug, the wonderful people at Molehill Mountain Art Drip Tips, it's made of Buckeye as well to match the Grip ;)

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Gorgeous!! Brad, can u tell me what grip that was with the purple door? That color would be even better in a burl :p
Also when u say no more custom orders, what do u mean?Does that mean u are just going to make and sell what u want? Or no grips anywhere, at all? I am still dreaming of owning one one day, if I had to wait a year for one that would be fine with me,especially if u did a layaway plan!! That would mean I would get it just about the time I could pay it off, lol ;)
And I met u at vape bash in Chicago last year and was wondering if u were going to go this year?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
Gorgeous!! Brad, can u tell me what grip that was with the purple door? That color would be even better in a burl :p
Also when u say no more custom orders, what do u mean?Does that mean u are just going to make and sell what u want? Or no grips anywhere, at all? I am still dreaming of owning one one day, if I had to wait a year for one that would be fine with me,especially if u did a layaway plan!! That would mean I would get it just about the time I could pay it off, lol ;)
And I met u at vape bash in Chicago last year and was wondering if u were going to go this year?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Well, I want to be caught up with everything before I consider any more custom work. At that point I will mostly be making what I feel to be nice and putting them on the site, not saying I wont still do custom work, but there will be an additional fee for custom stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread