Get colder vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I like a cool vape. And I get it all day long.

You're talking sub ohm when you should be talking supra ohm.

No way you'll ever get a really cool vape with an RDA. I use 'em when I want a dense shot. With a tank, you need to keep the build resistance between 1 and 1.5 ohms. Run at around 9-11 watts. The vapor will only be cool as long as the tank is cool. As the tank heats up, so will the vapor. To mitigate this, I use heat sinks, and ultimately, switching to another setup while the first one cools down.

I have in front of me a Lemo Drop with a 1.2 ohm build. On a mech at 3.7V, that's around 11 watts or so. The higher the power dissipation (watts), the more quickly your tank will heat up. I can produce huge amounts of cool vapor this way. My DIY is 98VG/1vodka/1 flavoring. The vodka thins the VG to the point that it flows more like a 70/30 vg/pg, except without the harshness. I want cool and smooth, both to the max.

TC does nothing for me, because the lowest settings are still warmer than I usually vape.

Dave...I gave up on 28ga. wire months back because they keep distorting when wicking. Well taking your advice I tried again with determination and Walla....area, resistance and 28ga wins. I now have 10 turns at 3dia. 316SS 1.0 ohm coils in my MTL RBA's and they are doing just fine.
After wicking I just push/pull coil back into shape...easy really, still a newbie.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
How can this be? If I set my vape on < 180 deg, almost nothing happens, which seems pretty cold :)
I'll try the sup-ohm you suggested.

Anyway, I think my drags are too long and power mode just gave me too much heat, so TC was really the answer here. Perhaps I have to change my vaping habits...

One thing i do not really understand is when I switched to TC, my batteries and liquids are draining like crazy. Why is there such a difference? I'm worried I get too much nicotine, since I want to lower it, not rise it..
One thing is the Clapton coils are too high mass to run very cool. They have to get to a higher temp to work in the first place. This would be one reason why your tanks are drinking juice. Plain old stainless wire heats right up. Much easier to maintain a steady temp as well. The TC mode would probably work better with plain wire as well.

Run your mod in TC at the lowest setting. Now switch to VW mode and turn it down to about 10W. You may have to take a few puffs to get it going. Now tell me that it isn't cooler than any TC setting. Then you can turn it up until it starts getting warm. I get lots of vapor on a smaller amount of ejuice because I vape at low wattage, and my juice is 98VG/1Vodka/1 flavoring. No PG. The vodka thins it out.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Dave...I gave up on 28ga. wire months back because they keep distorting when wicking. Well taking your advice I tried again with determination and Walla....area, resistance and 28ga wins. I now have 10 turns at 3dia. 316SS 1.0 ohm coils in my MTL RBA's and they are doing just fine.
After wicking I just push/pull coil back into shape...easy really, still a newbie.
Me too, really. Yeah, plain SS wire is the stuff. Easier to handle, easier to wick. Glad to hear that things are working out.

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I can't taste the vodka. Since it's only 1% of my juice, that means I'm adding .4% pure ethanol with .6% highly purified water. It works better than water, in my experience.

If that's all you're using it for, just buy an airline bottle of cheap vodka. For this purpose, that's going to thin a lot of juice. I use Grey Goose because I have a bottle of it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread