Getting my first e-cig, so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
First and foremost, don't fully expect to go ew I hate analogs right off the bat. Some people do, some of my friends did.. picked up their 510 and never looked back. I, personally didn't from the get go. But that's another boring story!

Don't be afraid to test other flavors, look in the forums for group gatherings in Michigan, etc, meet your local vapers. We're all one big support group here. Find sites with testers of liquid, 5ml and less, etc when you want to see if you might like a certain flavor, instead of dropping cash on something that sounds good, but tastes like a donkey's rear.

Also, if your cartridge filling isn't seeming to do the job, try to direct drip, 2-3 drops will last you a good bit, once you lose flavor, drip some more. It might be a better delivery system for you, it's all really 100% dependent on your personal preferences.

Here I've rambled on about crap you probably already know, apologies!:D

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
Congratulations! When your PV arrives you should be jumping for joy, then vaping, then ordering moar jooces and attys, then MOAR JOOCEZ! Variety is the spice of life, just dont mix up any attys that had menthol juice in em with other flavors, menthol takes a long time vape out
Ahhh good call. I almost hate using any menthol juice knowing that when I get sick of it, it just lllinnnngggeeerrrrssss aroundddd

Kelebai

Apr 18, 2010
Flint, Mi
Here's another question for you guys. All brand names aside, what are my other options for pv's? I'm aware of the 510, as I already purchased one of those, but what are the other models? I may be over simplifying things a tad, but if someone could tell me their strengths and weaknesses that would he great, or maybe there's already a post that does that. Oh yes and is there a particularly good place to get batteries, attys and the like?

Kate S

Mar 25, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
I'm eager to try e-cigarettes. I've read a lot of information re use, safety and prices. I'm just afraid that it won't provide me a healthy alternative to standard cigarettes. I read that FDA and WHO haven't approved this device to be safe and effective one.

:(

E cigs are not proven to be 100% safe but analogs will kill you for sure.

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
Welcome, Kelebai. I'm new to vaping, too, but here's what tips I can offer.

1) Read DonDaBoomVape's "The Fabulous Five-Ten from NHaler: A Personal Illustraded Guide". It's on this site.

2) Your first few vapes might not be representative of what you'll get out of the product. So far most of my atties and even a PT needed breaking in. I read about that aspect, but I didn't understand it until a couple of days of semi-satisfactory vaping on my first PV. On the second night, my PV suddenly started producing two to three times the vapour I'd been getting only minutes before, and the flavour went from subtle to robust.

3) Vaping is different from smoking. I was shorting myself on vapour until I noticed in youtube reviews how long the vapers were inhaling. It's really noticeable with Mr. Smoke. That guy draws on his PV so long I can't believe his atties don't catch on fire. And I couldn't understand how these guys did it. I was pulling on my PV like an analog: draw into mouth, then inhale into lungs. Five seconds at most, not like moobyghost hitting a 14 second cutoff or Mr. Smoke proving he can out-suck a Hoover Upright. Finally it was explained to me in a Chris & Sean vid from vaportalk.com. Smokers hit fast and suck hard. Vapers inhale light, gentle and long to maximize vapour from the atty.

4) Get comfy with the pyramid teabag or straw mods.

5) If you get into multiple flavours, keep one atty just for menthol/peppermint, and one just for chocolate. These two flavours are overpowering and take forever to vape away.

Hope more of this was helpful than just telling you stuff you already know.

TBL36

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
E cigs are not proven to be 100% safe but analogs will kill you for sure.

They haven't been proven to be dangerous either. I've read every study I can find and most of them are aimed at finding problems. So far, nothin'. The only studies that reach a negative conclusion really have to reach like the one that found a trace of a carcenogen in ONE sample of juice from China. That study was funded by Philip Morris. Big surprise there huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread