Getting my first e-cig, so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelebai

Apr 18, 2010
Flint, Mi
I'm eager to try e-cigarettes. I've read a lot of information re use, safety and prices. I'm just afraid that it won't provide me a healthy alternative to standard cigarettes. I read that FDA and WHO haven't approved this device to be safe and effective one.

:(

My first pv will be arriving in the mail today, so I don't have first hand knowledge of the item in question.... but, I have done fairly extensive research into e-cigarettes prior to buying one and I've come to a few conclusions.

1. The FDA only approves something once is has done extensive research on it. This is just about absolute fact, so that one doesn't surprise me too much.

2. WHO is just plain silly at times, lol.

3. There is no real study that has proven e-cigarettes to be unsafe in anyway. The object itself is very straight forward, so there's nothing unsafe there. Batter, atomizer, liquid, water vapor. Nothing dangerous. At WORST they have found traces of carcinogens in very few samples of e-liquid. And we're talking traces compared to the vast amounts you are already inhaling in analogs. The liquid that makes up e-liquid is called "gras", which is generally regarded as safe by the FDA, they are essentially already approving of every component of the e-cigarette just not the entire package put together.

4. It should come as no surprise that state legislatures are attempting to nip this trend in the bud. Many of them own stock in tabacco, and those that don't are most likely concerned with the very real probability that if this trend catches the funding that it deserves the tabacco industry, a multi-billion-dollar-money-making-machine, will go the way of casette tapes. This is a very real possibility and not one that our government can take lightly.

In conclusion, in all real likelyhood these devices are as safe as the true experts claim them to be, and much safer than cancer-causing, lung plugging, analogs. It will take time for our government(s) to ease restrictions on them, for the above mentioned reasons. But I do not believe that there will be anything that can stop this trend.

Sorry for the ramble, but this is my post :p

Good luck, and happy vaping.

crazygirll22

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
RI, USA
Hi and welcom to the forums, you defenately made a good choice on the 510. That was my 1st pv and I'm still using it.

To Emma: I love your name, that's my daughters name. E-cigs haven't been proven safe, but smoking has def been proven to kill people. To me it's a lot safer than smoking, I'm quitting analogs so I can live a very long life and watch my daughter grow up.

Happy Vaping everyone!

Emma

Apr 23, 2010
USA
My first pv will be arriving in the mail today, so I don't have first hand knowledge of the item in question.... but, I have done fairly extensive research into e-cigarettes prior to buying one and I've come to a few conclusions.

1. The FDA only approves something once is has done extensive research on it. This is just about absolute fact, so that one doesn't surprise me too much.

2. WHO is just plain silly at times, lol.

3. There is no real study that has proven e-cigarettes to be unsafe in anyway. The object itself is very straight forward, so there's nothing unsafe there. Batter, atomizer, liquid, water vapor. Nothing dangerous. At WORST they have found traces of carcinogens in very few samples of e-liquid. And we're talking traces compared to the vast amounts you are already inhaling in analogs. The liquid that makes up e-liquid is called "gras", which is generally regarded as safe by the FDA, they are essentially already approving of every component of the e-cigarette just not the entire package put together.

4. It should come as no surprise that state legislatures are attempting to nip this trend in the bud. Many of them own stock in tabacco, and those that don't are most likely concerned with the very real probability that if this trend catches the funding that it deserves the tabacco industry, a multi-billion-dollar-money-making-machine, will go the way of casette tapes. This is a very real possibility and not one that our government can take lightly.

In conclusion, in all real likelyhood these devices are as safe as the true experts claim them to be, and much safer than cancer-causing, lung plugging, analogs. It will take time for our government(s) to ease restrictions on them, for the above mentioned reasons. But I do not believe that there will be anything that can stop this trend.

Sorry for the ramble, but this is my post :p

Good luck, and happy vaping.

Thanks a lot, Kelebai. Your evidence are convincing. I haven't even thought that things are so complicated with the official bodies. Women, they are like this. :oops: I'll definitely order e-cigarettes to try.
P.S. Sorry if I interfered with your post, I am a newbie here. I haven't understood completely how this thing works. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread