Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It can if you want it to. When you use one habit to replace another, you still have to quit the first habit so that aspect never changes. You have to get used to vaping because it's really not 100% like smoking, and some people have a harder time than others making the switch. But this forum is full of people who have quit cigarettes and replaced them with vaping for 10 years and longer.

So the answer is "yes".

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Does vaping help you getting off cigarettes?
    Nearly 8 years ago I was at the smoke shop to get another pack. The line at the register was long, so I decided to look at the e-cig stuff on display. At the time, employees were allowed to demonstrate and explain how to use the things. I ended up walking out with a CE4 eGo startup kit, thinking I was gonna buy a pack in a few hours anyway. That night it dawned on me that I hadn't smoked a cigarette, or wanted to, since the purchase. That day, 09/29/2014, was the most important Monday of my life. I did smoke about half a cig about a month later. No more after that.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Does vaping help you getting off cigarettes?
    It's a tool that can help an individual stop smoking if that is their goal. There is nothing that is going to make anyone stop any sort of addictive behavior unless that individual personally wants very much to do so. The e-cigarette can provide the nicotine so that you don't go through the physiological withdrawals and that can also help with the mental aspect but it is a change. It's up to you to want to do it though because the only person that can change someone is themselves :) but yeah I used e-cigarettes to stop smoking completely I have not smoked in least 5 or 6 years and I wouldn't want to

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    It worked for me, as well as plenty of the people around here. Different people need different approaches. For me, I knew a lowkey, low stress approach would be most effective. I ordered some vape gear and told myself I was going to try to cut down to save money (while sort of hoping I'd be able to switch entirely). I'd just bought a carton a bit before my vape stuff arrived. I smoked whenever I particularly wanted to and vaped otherwise. As I got towards the end of the carton, I was mostly vaping. Instead of rushing out to buy more cigarettes, I decided to wait until I really wanted it before I bought my next pack. That was in 2013, and I still haven't gotten around to it.

Many people here had similar experiences. Others didn't. Some will go on smoking forever unless they make a firm decision to quit, and while the vaping helps they still have more or less of a struggle before they're rid of the cigarettes. We can't tell you how it will work for you, but my recommendation is to jump in and find out!

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    It did for me, 9 years smoke free! Once I tried my first ecig, I switched immediately. I still went through withdrawals even though I was vaping more nicotine than I ever got from cigarettes. Evidence (to me) that there are addictive chemicals in cigarettes that are much more powerful than nicotine which keeps people hooked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread