getting tired of the atty bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sln88

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
cheesehead
many people post that attys are like for lowlifes, beginners. that anyone with a brain would use a carto. They are always telling the newbs to ditch the attys and get a carto. I wish someone had told me to try an atty sooner! It would have solved one of my biggest vaping problems

well, phhht. I can't taste a damn thing with cartos. Attys are much better! yeah, dripping can be a pain, but its not like you don't have to top off cartos too. can't let them get dry or they will burn and taste nasty

attys are not perfect, cartos are not perfect. there is something for everyone!

just had to get that off my chest after reading it for the umpteenth time today:p

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
and with MWA's modified atty techinque to fit inside a modified syringe tank or any tank for that matter, life doesn't get much sweeter than that. :)

But, cartos are easier for the first monther. I even recommend prefilled cartos to them, just to get them vaping while they shop for other stuff to frustrate themselves with.

Chevello

Sep 21, 2011
NE Phila Suburbs
I'm still pretty new around here, but I started with a carto and I'm glad I did. This weekend I was at the local vape shop while there was another fellow there buying a new setup. The salesman/ owner was explaining the whole process of setting up and refilling, cleaning the atomizer, and the whole spiel. It sounded ENTIRELY too complicated, and I could see the guy who was buying just tuning out. I was totally interested, but I could just see that he was going to go home, vape the cart until it was empty and then put the thing in a drawer and forget about it as too complicated. For someone who is all into it, it wasn't so bad, and the salesman's explanations were clear, and as concise as possible, but It just sounded way more complicated than "Charge battery, screw a carto on and vape."

I wanted to suggest a carto to the guy, but didn't want to interrupt. It appears to me after a couple of weeks only (so take my opinion with my newbiness into consideration) that a carto is the way to go for most people. After all, not everyone wants to go down to the basement workshop, carve out a 43VAC Diesel glow plug mode with a quad deep cycle battery power inverter in a backpack for vaping while on their commute. Some people just want to have a smoke.

Jasonlowe

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
East tx
I started of with attys back In 09 and I dripped and still smoked analogs just didn't have the time or ability to drip or top off a cart all day. I then tried cartos and they helped me vape more than I smoked, until I tried a tank with a carto 2 months ago and I haven't had a cigarette since. Everyone needs to experiment and find what works for them, one is not better than the other its just a matter of finding what works for you.

Owtkazt

Sep 16, 2011
St Petersburg, FL
Well I have been vaping with an atty for 3 weeks now and have not had a problem. Cartos seem like they would be good if you have to go a long period without refilling, like a road trip or such. Seems to me like cartos would be more costly over time and for people like me who dont have buckets of money to throw around that buying some ejuice to refill would be a better option. Im pretty new so I could be wrong. Just my 2 pennys worth.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
many people post that attys are like for lowlifes, beginners. that anyone with a brain would use a carto. They are always telling the newbs to ditch the attys and get a carto.

You're only saying that because you're jealous of the cartos. They're clearly better. Jealousy can be an ugly, ugly thing.

sln88

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
cheesehead
hey, I would love to use a carto. but I am wanting to taste my juices MORE than I want to use a carto. I whined about no flavor for a month on this board and no one ever suggested I try an atty. Lucky for me I got a great deal on a t-rex and was able to find out for myself

I also like that I can just try a small amount of juice on an atty, instead of filling a whole carto and saying, eh. and its super easy to switch flavors

pyro13g

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
NE Ohio
I just started dripping again de-wicked/bridged. Like it when I'm just knocking around the house. Use a pass through with carto sitting at computer for work. Carto on battery for road trips.

Atty's cheaper than carto's?? Hardly, at least for me. Carto is a $1.20 and they last me a month or more. If an atty ever makes it that long for me it would still be almost 6 times the cost of the carto. When the carto gets too much overtone of carmelized juice in the taste you can de-wick and use as an atty.

My 0.02 and it really is just personal preference.

I like dripping for switching flavors on a whim. Not a fan of a bunch of cartos filled up

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I like attys. I can't help it. They just taste cleaner. I use a DOD from madvapes at home and a bottom feeder when I'm out. Recently I tried some DCs with a syringe tank. The juice in the tank gets pretty dark and nasty looking after a few hours. For someone starting out, a carto is the way to go. They are a lot more convenient and there's less of a learning curve but, an atty is a better experience.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
I like the idea of this post, but to be honest, I don't see a lot of what you are referring to. Just some people who are huge fans of pollyfill from time to time. Personally, I am a big fan of the Ego-T system for on the go use and I do talk up its merits for me (though I try not to bash anything except things I see as unfair). I think that is all that you are seeing.

I could, for example, easily now do about several thousand words on why cartos suck, but that would be more of the bashing :). Instead I will say I don't like cartos that much, but I find pollyfill extremely useful for traveling. Bring a half dozen pre-filled cartos, put all my liquids in my luggage and no visible liquid in my carry on and no hassles at airport security.

Dingus

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Belgium
many people post that attys are like for lowlifes, beginners. that anyone with a brain would use a carto.

I think most people write just the opposite - that dripping and attys are not for beginners, but for the more advanced users, and carto's are better suited for beginners.

So not sure where you're getting that, but just a guess: a lot of people seem to hate atty's + carts these days (I tend to agree), so maybe when someone says something bad about atty's, they mean the carts, and they're not talking about dripping.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
and with MWA's modified atty techinque to fit inside a modified syringe tank or any tank for that matter, life doesn't get much sweeter than that. :)

But, cartos are easier for the first monther. I even recommend prefilled cartos to them, just to get them vaping while they shop for other stuff to frustrate themselves with.

Uma, could you provide more about this mod or point me to a post about it. Thanks

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
i diy all of my liquid so i guess that helps me, i can make my flavors as strong as i want. I burn atty out in a week so im a carto man all the way. i think everyone sould try both, and find what works for them. theres no reason to bash one or the other.

Exactly........Why is there bashing on either? No one can tell me that an Atty is better on my units....My cartomizers always work without a hitch.

bsb111

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
sln88, Just my 2 cents and unsolicited opinion.

When I stared vaping I got lucky and had an actual salesman/vaper spend over an hour with me (timed it). He instructed me on proper dripping techniques: he let me flood and atty, he let me get dry hits, he spent the time it took for me to get even a beginners proficiency with dripping. He made a sale and I began vaping. Question for you - how many new users get to have this experience?

Did research (here on this forum) and "discovered" cartos and ego type tank systems. Have purchased and use both systems both have pluses and minuses. A properly filled carto at the right watts is extremely "easy" to use; tanks require "fiddling"; both systems can provide a satisfactory vaping experience. BUT both (IMO) are "easier" than direct dripping.

Vaping is not as "easy" as smoking, a satisfactory vaping experience requires much more than opening a pack and lighting up.

Any vaping system which enables an analogue user to successfully switch by my definition (who cares about my definition, probably no one) is a good system.

Glad you found your system.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Last edited:

CheckBit

Sep 23, 2011
Conover, NC
...while they shop for other stuff to frustrate themselves with.

LOL! And I thought I was just being OCD about it.... I love the vaping experience of LR attys and hate topping them off every 10 minutes. Yes, I chain vape. Then I love not having to top off a mega LR carto every 10 minutes but miss the TH, taste and vapor volume....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread