Not open for further replies.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Thank you my friend Ariel.
You are very well maintained lists GG Wiki.
Very good job.:toast:

Was very worried because the server was our main (and the only one :laugh:) corporate server, last night I have a dream about it: I came to the office and pushed the power button and voilà. This morning that didn't happen hehehe, good thing is I found a new replacement server very fast :D

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
hello Imeo, I was studying my Ody 2 and saw that the Ody exploded images were V1, I dont see the V2 exploded, is there one? I was wondering because my Ody V2 center post looks much different than the images I see on the websites. I was thinking maybe the person I bought it from sold me an updated V1 with the new ceramic and ceramic housing. I will try and take a photo of the positve(?) post. This one is much smaller in diameter and doesnt have a pronounced segment like in the V2 pins I see.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
hello Imeo, I was studying my Ody 2 and saw that the Ody exploded images were V1, I dont see the V2 exploded, is there one? I was wondering because my Ody V2 center post looks much different than the images I see on the websites. I was thinking maybe the person I bought it from sold me an updated V1 with the new ceramic and ceramic housing. I will try and take a photo of the positve(?) post. This one is much smaller in diameter and doesnt have a pronounced segment like in the V2 pins I see.

Check this video out, navy explains everything and in English. This way you would know every part what version it is.

Navy_Lifeguard - Teil 10: Odysseus V1 vs. Odysseus V2 (englisch)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thank you aalwani, I will check this out right now:)

Perfect , I guess I dont have the V1 connector pin, but it does look different than the V2 connector pin. Oh well , I will know for sure when the parts get here from COV, I ordered 2 extra rebuildable parts. BTW, is it possible for someone to have put the V2 ceramic housing and V2 ceramic on the V1 center pin? Or would they have just got the whole unit to upgrade V1 to V2? I dont think anyone would have sold it to me that way, unless they also put the V2 base on the V2.

I wish that Imeo would have put some sort of GG logo on the Odysseus and all the parts to identify that the pieces on a unit are all original parts. And now with the copy it would be nice to have a special edition ss tank body to identify the genuine item, like the DID people did, They put out a special top cap with the MMW logo to make it stand out as the original from all the clones that came out.

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
BTW, is it possible for someone to have put the V2 ceramic housing and V2 ceramic on the V1 center pin? Or would they have just got the whole unit to upgrade V1 to V2?

I hope it can be done since I am planning to put the cermic housing V2 on my center post V1 to be able to use V2 in UFS mode :D. I think it can be done. Also look at the nut inside the ceramic, is there an Oring under it? If there is then it would be V2 I assume (or was it V1) I am confused now :confused:

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
Thank you aalwani, I will check this out right now:)

Perfect , I guess I dont have the V1 connector pin, but it does look different than the V2 connector pin. Oh well , I will know for sure when the parts get here from COV, I ordered 2 extra rebuildable parts. BTW, is it possible for someone to have put the V2 ceramic housing and V2 ceramic on the V1 center pin? Or would they have
just got the whole unit to upgrade V1 to V2? I dont think anyone would have sold it to me that way, unless they also put the V2 base on the V2.

It is possible that you bought a V2 housing with a V1 Pole Ort vice versa. For instance me kept a V2 Pole in Order to be able to use my V2 Ody in my UFS, just like aalwani Plans to do.

The V2 Pole is solid whereas the V1 pin has a channel at its bottom (connector side) and also has a channel inside.

These two Features are essential in order to use Ody in a UFS, so a V2 Ody (Pole) wont work.

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
I am very sorry, as I confused you even more now... I wrote that in the train and the damn mobile spell checker always tried to create German words words out of my english words... It really was a mess... Of course I kept a V1 pole, I highlighted the wrong and corrected passage in bold letters below:

It is possible that you bought a V2 housing with a V1 Pole Ort vice versa. For instance me kept a V1 pole in order to be able to use my V2 Ody in my UFS, just like aalwani plans to do.

The V2 pole is solid whereas the V1 pin has a channel at its bottom (connector side) and also has a channel inside.

These two features are essential in order to use Ody in a UFS, so a V2 Ody (Pole) wont work.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Where is this channel inside you speak of?

At the bottom of the pin:

Odysseus_Center__4f18ce4373a5d.jpg

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
=================================================================

Backup Wiki will be down for a couple of hours, I'm moving the server to a new office
and I have to update DNS information because IP address will change (new ISP).

=================================================================

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Added Warning text on some GG Wiki Pages:

================================================== ===============

WARNING: If you are here because of a link you found in a site that sells e-cigs, you have to know that these sites sells fake GG series and you are sold down the river. If you really want to have the real deal then please check The Golden Greek forum here:

GG on ECF (link to GG forum on ECF)

Or ask a question to one of the Golden Greek authorized sellers:

GG Greece (link to e-smokeguru)
GG USA (link to CloudsOfvapor)

================================================== ===============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread