Not open for further replies.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hey up fellas.

Just a quick post in the form of a heads up;
Anno is not going to be the permenant solution you may think it is. Whilst it is very hard wearing it does still wear, I would envisage that a device in frequent daily use would have the anno worn down to the base material on the corners and edges in approx 4 - 6 months.

hi mr long--
thank you for offering a good and positive opinion to help,
we do appreciate all the helpful suggestions that people bring and post here to help with all different aspects of the ecig world.

Constuctive criticism,
and helpful advice is always welcomed here...........

and personal experience, is of course, always invaluable .....

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I am puzzled by this. Im going to go study on this matter IMEO and I hope to come back with a really good solution or at least something to think about. electricity is a lazy thing. it will always take to shortest path. Somehow we need to ground that button away from the battery when in locked mode.

Ok Grimmer, nice idea to try for a solution. Remember that we must insulate the external case from the button:)

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
I have some examples of anno wear on some bits and bobs which I'll post up, it'll have to wait until Monday though as this forum runs like a slow dog on my phone, when I fire up a PC tomorrow I'll get you some examples.

What you must think about is that anno is used as an ashetic (sp) finish, I can not think of an everyday use where it is there for protection.

Until tomorrow, peace out.
Mr.LB

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I have some examples of anno wear on some bits and bobs which I'll post up, it'll have to wait until Monday though as this forum runs like a slow dog on my phone, when I fire up a PC tomorrow I'll get you some examples.

What you must think about is that anno is used as an ashetic (sp) finish, I can not think of an everyday use where it is there for protection.

Until tomorrow, peace out.
Mr.LB

Its not for aesthetic Mr long, thats for sure, because big factories use it for their purposes. They use hard anodising, not 0,15-0,20 mm but about 50-60mm. This makes the aluminium very hard, near to diamond stregth. The canker witch is made by anodising is from the same material so no problems about gripping. It does not go with everyday use if its a hard one, but if you do a 0,10-0,15mm them the problem will occurs.

Anodising was made for industrial purposes but they saw that the aesthetic result was nice so the do anodising now for aesthetic stuff (0.10mm as I said).

I know all these from my school but I didnt know many things, so I asked the anno man and he told me some things more.

The soft anno costs about 2 euros and the hard one costs 10 euros. I believe that the anno will last for years if its good. After years we will do another one or buy another GG:D:D

Exept that there is the colour inside the aluminium that prevents the electricity. I will do a colour anodize. The colour is a secret!!!

If you have any info please tell me, I am a man who doesnt know everything as no one here, its redicolous to say that but I am trying to learn all the time.:):)

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
The GG is beautiful. Why change it if you can just change the button?

Stormy, family came and we had some "work" to do xa xa sorry for the delay.

With anodise we dont change anything, we only make it in a way that electricity cant flow through GG. The surface stays the same exept we add colour.:)

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
Its not for aesthetic Mr long, thats for sure, because big factories use it for their purposes. They use hard anodising, not 0,15-0,20 mm but about 50-60mm. This makes the aluminium very hard, near to diamond stregth. The canker witch is made by anodising is from the same material so no problems about gripping. It does not go with everyday use if its a hard one, but if you do a 0,10-0,15mm them the problem will occurs.

Anodising was made for industrial purposes but they saw that the aesthetic result was nice so the do anodising now for aesthetic stuff (0.10mm as I said).

I know all these from my school but I didnt know many things, so I asked the anno man and he told me some things more.

The soft anno costs about 2 euros and the hard one costs 10 euros. I believe that the anno will last for years if its good. After years we will do another one or buy another GG:D:D

Exept that there is the colour inside the aluminium that prevents the electricity. I will do a colour anodize. The colour is a secret!!!

If you have any info please tell me, I am a man who doesnt know everything as no one here, its redicolous to say that but I am trying to learn all the time.:):)

OK dokie,

When you say it wouldn't increase the size of the GG I thought you were looking at regular anno.

Now I see you are looking at the industrial stuff it should last longer, but what thickness are you looking at getting, for it to last years you msut be looking at 1mm thickness at least, no?

vinylmason

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
Dayton ,Ohio
If you anodize the GG I think there is a good chance it will not work. Before anodizing you should speak to Steve at pure smoker and ask him why the prodigy is powder coated and not anodized.

Best of luck with the transformer.

DW

Thanks Dum, I will check it my friend
I read that also waldo I think it makes it non conductive

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
OK dokie,

When you say it wouldn't increase the size of the GG I thought you were looking at regular anno.

Now I see you are looking at the industrial stuff it should last longer, but what thickness are you looking at getting, for it to last years you msut be looking at 1mm thickness at least, no?

Yes I was looking for 0,7-0,7mm but its dificult to be made. So I found another way. I will make electrostatic paint to aluminium. Its hard and thick and it doesnt crack (it remains soft enough) and hard at the same time.

I finally found the perfect way. I will take some pictures to show here because I have make a trick with this paint.;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread