GG Tilemahos V2 and Penelope V4 mini official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for the update Heath! I am glad that things work for you and your wife finally :)

I'm still having problems with one of the atomizers, Imeo. One is working perfectly, but I'm suspecting a short in the second Penny V4 Mini. (To clarify, not a short in the coil, but a short in the actual atomizer itself.) Still trying to determine what's going on there. We have pretty much ruled out any problem with both the Proteus's, as the first Penny V4 Mini works fine on both Proteus's. May take some time... If you have tips on troubleshooting, I'd be eager to hear them.

That aside, the wife's love for the working Proteus + Penny V4 Mini combo has gotten her completely off analogs.

Reactions: imeothanasis
This is a picture of the "inner assembly" only (secured with an o-ring since otherwise the extension-post piece wouldn't screw on tightly). No shorting here - but notice that the insulation disk and the lower post-disk are not lining up (which looks as if it might be due to the way the black disk is drilled.)

z2uNhpR.jpg

After inserting the "inner assembly" (upon removal of the o-ring, of course) into the housing, and securing it with the extension post, there is a short:

0AYUtNp.jpg

The short is still present after screwing the assembly onto the base:

IwOcgAT.jpg

Suspicion has fallen on the way the black insulator piece is drilled. It does seem to make it rather easy for both the side post and the center post to be shifted in a way that makes them touch the respective other post.

ciXw1Kk.jpg

My wife's current guess is that due to the fact that the insulation disk and the disk with the center post are not lining up, they get shifted when the assembly is inserted into the housing. A very careful assembly can sometimes avoid this, but screwing the atomizer onto the Proteus will often generate the same short.

It appears that this particular Penny V4 always shorts--either right from the start or after a short time of usage. And the short isn't caused by the coil. Fortunately, it looks like the shorting is entirely the Penny's fault (which, after all, is the less of two evils.)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I agree Heath.

The short can happen because the negative pin (the pin that is attached to the lower disk), may touch the center post (the upper disk).

Can you please look inside the assembly and see if something like this is happening? Also, can you take an inside pic of the assembly so I can see myself if something like this is happening?

ps....... I suppose that the insulator before the center post extension exists, right?

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
While preparing my Tiles for my newest GG toys (finally a Cybrillion) I realized that I have every spare part for another Tile except for the center post.

I really do like the 2mm V2+ center post, but they don't seem to be available any more.
Do you plan to make any more of these, Imeo? Or even 1.8mm ones? Iirc you were pondering about making smaller ones some time ago.

TiA :)

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
While preparing my Tiles for my newest GG toys (finally a Cybrillion) I realized that I have every spare part for another Tile except for the center post.

I really do like the 2mm V2+ center post, but they don't seem to be available any more.
Do you plan to make any more of these, Imeo? Or even 1.8mm ones? Iirc you were pondering about making smaller ones some time ago.

TiA :)

You can also add a thin role of stainless steel mesh into the centerpost to reduce the diameter of the airhole.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Thx. That mesh-trick would work if I had a spare center-post at all (I only have a non-authentic one left, that I don't want to use)

I was just wondering if they were ever going to be produced again. To me it's different having that smaller diameter hence less airflow under the coil than closing down the AC "far away". But anyway, no more old-school (i.e. no-springomizer) Tile parts ahead?
Might have to go for spring-y coiling then :)

Reactions: SantanaS

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Reactions: FFC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread