The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG Tilemahos V2 and Penelope V4 mini official thread

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Feb 8, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    thank you for the update Heath! I am glad that things work for you and your wife finally :)

2. Heathbar

Heathbar Full Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I'm still having problems with one of the atomizers, Imeo. One is working perfectly, but I'm suspecting a short in the second Penny V4 Mini. (To clarify, not a short in the coil, but a short in the actual atomizer itself.) Still trying to determine what's going on there. We have pretty much ruled out any problem with both the Proteus's, as the first Penny V4 Mini works fine on both Proteus's. May take some time... If you have tips on troubleshooting, I'd be eager to hear them.

That aside, the wife's love for the working Proteus + Penny V4 Mini combo has gotten her completely off analogs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    the simple trick is to measure the resistance of the atomizer without wire on it Heath. If you have any reading, the atomizer is shorting itself

4. Heathbar

Heathbar Full Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    This is a picture of the "inner assembly" only (secured with an o-ring since otherwise the extension-post piece wouldn't screw on tightly). No shorting here - but notice that the insulation disk and the lower post-disk are not lining up (which looks as if it might be due to the way the black disk is drilled.)

[​IMG]

After inserting the "inner assembly" (upon removal of the o-ring, of course) into the housing, and securing it with the extension post, there is a short:

[​IMG]

The short is still present after screwing the assembly onto the base:

[​IMG]

Suspicion has fallen on the way the black insulator piece is drilled. It does seem to make it rather easy for both the side post and the center post to be shifted in a way that makes them touch the respective other post.

[​IMG]

My wife's current guess is that due to the fact that the insulation disk and the disk with the center post are not lining up, they get shifted when the assembly is inserted into the housing. A very careful assembly can sometimes avoid this, but screwing the atomizer onto the Proteus will often generate the same short.

It appears that this particular Penny V4 always shorts--either right from the start or after a short time of usage. And the short isn't caused by the coil. Fortunately, it looks like the shorting is entirely the Penny's fault (which, after all, is the less of two evils.)

5. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I agree Heath.

The short can happen because the negative pin (the pin that is attached to the lower disk), may touch the center post (the upper disk).

Can you please look inside the assembly and see if something like this is happening? Also, can you take an inside pic of the assembly so I can see myself if something like this is happening?

ps....... I suppose that the insulator before the center post extension exists, right?

6. woita

woita Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Ohio
    While preparing my Tiles for my newest GG toys (finally a Cybrillion) I realized that I have every spare part for another Tile except for the center post.

I really do like the 2mm V2+ center post, but they don't seem to be available any more.
    Do you plan to make any more of these, Imeo? Or even 1.8mm ones? Iirc you were pondering about making smaller ones some time ago.

TiA :)

7. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    the 2mm is out of stock buddy. But I am wondering if the 2,5mm center post works the same as the 2mm post by closing the air via AD ring. Is it the same feeling?

• Like Like x 1
  8. gekka

gekka Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    You can also add a thin role of stainless steel mesh into the centerpost to reduce the diameter of the airhole.

• Like Like x 3
  9. woita

woita Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Ohio
    Thx. That mesh-trick would work if I had a spare center-post at all (I only have a non-authentic one left, that I don't want to use)

I was just wondering if they were ever going to be produced again. To me it's different having that smaller diameter hence less airflow under the coil than closing down the AC "far away". But anyway, no more old-school (i.e. no-springomizer) Tile parts ahead?
    Might have to go for spring-y coiling then :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    after 2 months from now I will start making spares again woita, no worries :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. tifozi

tifozi Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2016
    Athens, Greece
    Tilemahos V2+ meshed (closed) with 3x3 SS316L coils in series, 1.65mm inner diameter of coils, KGD cotton, Coil wrapping

3x3-mech.jpg

Evic VTC mini says it is 1.15Ω (Ohms) with cold resistance. It is fantastic in Mech Mod!!!

• Like Like x 6
  12. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

A big BRAVO for this buddy!!!!!!!
    Triple coil in Tilemahos!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be crazy :p

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. tifozi

tifozi Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2016
    Athens, Greece
    Here is an easy HowTo:

• Like Like x 3
  14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    wow, I am impressed Tif!!!

15. FFC

FFC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2011
    Krasnogorsk, Russia
    For 4 months, I can`t buy Tilemahos v2 Plus. It is not available in any store. When will the next batch of production?

• Like Like x 1
  16. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

The Golden Greek store official

:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. FFC

FFC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2011
    Krasnogorsk, Russia
    steliosss, thank you! I`ll wait for this new one RTA.

• Like Like x 1
  18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    its worth it ffc. Just wait a litlte more! :)

19. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    Will it work well with temperature control?

• Like Like x 5
  20. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Yes, as Tilemahos when you totally screw the AD pin Seek. But the rebuildable part touches the base now, so I dont think anyone will have any issue

• Like Like x 2