GG Tilemahos V2 and Penelope V4 mini official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
so, gg-store had - hopefully so - everything for a P4 mini except the positive pin (of which I got one) and I'm insane enough, I've just ordered a puzzle...

Penelope V4 Mini Body 1 10,91 € 10,91 €
Penelope V4 Mini Cap 1 6,18 € 6,18 €
Penelope V4 Mini Base (Big Air Holes) 1 9,27 € 9,27 €
Penelope V4 Mini Mouthpiece 1 12,36 € 12,36 €
Penelope V4 Mini Housing 1 10,82 € 10,82 €
Penelope V4 Mini Center Post Extension 1 2,37 € 2,37 €
Penelope V4 Mini Center Post 1 10,82 € 10,82 €
Penelope V4 Mini Center Post Plastic 1 0,62 € 0,62 €
Penelope V3 - Penelope V4 - Ithaka Update Sandwich Plastic 1 3,09 € 3,09 €
Penelope V4 Mini Ad Center Pin 1 1,96 € 1,96 €
Penelope V3 - Penelope v4 - Ithaka Update Negative Base 1 7,72 € 7,72 €
Tilemahos V1- V2 - Penelope V3 & 4 Mini - Ithaka update Negative Pin 1 2,47 € 2,47 €
Tilemahos V1- V2 - Penelope V3 & 4 Mini - Ithaka update Wire Holder 2 1,85 € 3,71 €
Penelope V4 Mini O-Rings set 1 1,03 € 1,03 €

Imeo, please tell me that I haven't forgotten some veeery important part :)

and, add me to the P4mini clear tank preorders if there are any. or have you already sent some out?

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
I'm insane enough, I've just ordered a puzzle...

Puzzle arrived this morning
IMG_3639-2.JPG

assembled...and now my Proteus looks really happy and complete...
IMG_3643.JPG

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
penny v4 with the larger hole is less noisy.
that´s the only reason for the larger hole.
exactly ... the airflow is restricted by the central pin and base holes that remain unchanged. So airflow/ightnes is the same, just no wistle

tifozi

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2016
Athens, Greece
I never vaped a Pene with the smaller holes, so I can't tell.

The draw is pretty tight though, closing off one of those two big holes doesn't seem to make a difference imo. It's tighter than my Tile V2+. I like tight draws so that's a feature for me :)

There is something you can try with your Tilemahos V2+ as I did. I really like tight draws too, as I believe the taste is much better than airy MTL draws.

I used a piece of Mesh400 (around 1.2 x 1.2 cm) and made a small pipe, then I put this small pipe to the air hole of TileV2+ and instead of having a 2mm hole, I got a ~1.4mm hole. It doesn't move at all as it is like a spring so it sits quite tight inside the air-hole of Tilemahos.

tightV2plus.jpg

I am sorry for the photo quality but it is from my mobile phone.

Note this Mesh400 pipe should be as long as the center post is, and doesn't reach the Center post extension and block the 4 small holes of it. The mesh is SS316 so it isn't unhealthy, and you DON'T need to burn the mesh. Just cut it roll it in a 1.5 or smaller axis, insert it and cut the excess mesh-pipe.

I love my TilemahosV2+ and now I love it even more :)

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
I've been checking all of the sites that deliver to the U.S., but I can't find one that has both the Penelope V4 mini clear tank and the brass cap. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Imeo, I do apologize, but even though I try to keep up with all threads, I may have missed something. I like to be able to see my liquid and, I have to say, the pics that people have posted so far with the brass cap looks just....well, it looks pretty awesome. If there currently aren't any clear tanks out there, could you please tell me when and where I'd be able to get both items at the same time/place?

Thank you, for the hundredth time, for everything that you do!

Finally have things almost in working order. Using (or more precisely, my wife is using) a Penny V4 Mini on a Proteus. Other than battery life, we're still facing one pretty minor problem, and that's minor leakage which nevertheless easily blows out. Spitting has been almost completely eliminated. (Juice in mouth sucks!) Getting a working setup requires setting up your coils and cotton with great care and lots of trial and error.

In the interest of potentially helping someone else out, here's what my wife has found to work almost perfectly:

.3mm Titanium G1 with about 9-10 2.5mm wraps @ .64 ohms using a 70/30 VG/PG mixture. The coils need to be stuffed very, very heavily with cotton, while the cotton wicking running down the channels needs to be lighter.

With this setup, the wife is incredibly happy. The Proteus + Penny V4 Mini does, indeed, vape like a dream. And it's definitely the most beautiful vaping device ever crafted. If it only had better battery life, I'd be using it. And if we can eliminate the leakage entirely, I'll post about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread