GGTS adapter problem - not firing when connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special.K

Mar 16, 2013
Ca
Hi everyone,
I am looking for some help, I have a GGTS that does not fire when the adapter is plugged in. The adapter is the authentic GG version, I took it apart and everything is connected correctly with O-rings intact. I have tested it with a boge 510 cartomizer, which does fire when directly connected to the PV but will not when connected with the adapter... Please help if you can, been looking online and cannot find a solution.
Thanks everybody

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Maybe the atomizer center post / pin is pushed up, so it will not make contact with the center post of the GGTS adapter.

Try to pull it a little that atomizer pin with a paper clip.

Be careful when connectig some atomizers directly into the GGTS 510 connector, as GGTS has an auto adjustable positive pin, if you tighten too much the GGTS telescope, the auto adjustable pin will push up the atomizer´s center pin, it could cause a short or the atomizer's center pin could be pressed up inside the 510 threads, preventing it to make proper contact.

The atomizer's center pin should arise a little over the 510 threads, to make proper contact with the GGTS adapter center pin.

Last edited:

Special.K

Mar 16, 2013
Ca
Hi Ariel,
I checked my cartomizer for a center pin but it seems like it does not have one. The bottom of these cartomizers is flat with channel cutouts... Would this problem only come from boge cartomizers? I would try an atomizer, but I do not have one at the moment. The Ggts pin does seem to be a bit higher to reach the adapter. Thanks for your suggestions Ariel, appreciate it!

Special.K

Mar 16, 2013
Ca
Hi Imeo,
I screwed the Ggts together all the way until it could not get tightened anymore... I tried the connection without the adapter and cartomizer directly to the Ggts threads and it fired fine. When the adapter is connected, the Pv does not fire. Thanks Imeo for the suggestion, could it be my adapter is not compatible with boge cartomizers? Would using an atomizer or rba solve this? I noticed the cartomizer does not have a firing pin where it connects.

thedrpepperdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
TEXAS
Special, I'm not sure you need to use the adaptor for a cartomizer. Have you tried screwing carto into GGTS then screw adjustable draw cap on?
GGTS Adjustable draw cap for 901 style atomizer in brass finish
I think the adaptor is only needed for tanks or genesis style atomizer, but the adaptor should still work??? You might try leaving the GGTS tele loose until you have everything else put together the way you want it then screw telescope just past snug. HTH

Last edited:

Special.K

Mar 16, 2013
Ca
Thanks for the suggestions Dr pepper dude,
Adapter not needed for cartomizers crossed my mind too. I was planning on picking up a rebuildable for the ggts soon, but I wanted to make sure everything would work before I put down any cash...unfortunately, the only thing I have to test the Pv at the moment are boge cartomizers. I attempted assembling the ggts without tightening and firing it up but this also did not work with the adapter installed... I tried connecting the cartomizer directy with adjustable draw cap assembly off and on both work if not connected to the adapter. When the carto is connected to the adapter, the pv doesnt fire. Is it just the adapter not being able to fire without a cartomizer or atomizer that has a protruding firing pin? My boges do not have a firing pin, to my knowledge.
Thank you for your suggestions, I hope to figure this out, I really like the adjustable draw function of the Ggts and would like to leave it in place if possible.

Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Do you have a multimeter? If not skip the resistance checking steps but follow the rest.

First test resistance of the cartomizer you want to use. Note it.
Second Take the adapter (while not on the GGTS) and push the pin up as far as you can. Now screw on the cartomizer you should see the moving pin asjust as you tighten down the carto. If it doesn't that means it isn't up high enough to make contact. If it does and you have a multimeter check the resistance again. (should be about the same as the carto alone.)
Third. Take the connector cap off the GGTS and remove the overflow tank and adjustable draw lid. Push the pin up all the way from the bottom. (If it doesn't move freely work it a bit so it does.) Now attach the adapter with the carto. Again you should see the pin move out as you tighten it down. Again check the resistance and it should be almost the same as the previous 2 checks.
Finally Put a battery in the GGTS and put the cap with your adapter and carto onto the ggts. Now here is the an important step. Tighten everything down slowly and stop once it starts getting just a little bit tight. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN. if you do you can fry your carto and or short it out. While tightening it down hold the button. Make sure to only tighten till it starts firing.

If the above doesn't get you going it is possible you have an adjustable throw button that is not making contact to the battery standoff. To check this take off the telescope and the rest of the top end of the GGTS and remove the battery. Make sure you have good lighting and look into the tube and press the button. You should see it make contact with the battery standoff. If it doesn't you need to adjust your throw.

To adjust your throw.

Remove the button from the tube completely. Then screw both of the rings all the way up to the button head. Now start tightening the button onto the tube. Once it stops that means you need to back it off a bit. For testing I would back it off 1 full turn. Then while holding the button top and the bigger ring firmly screw the smaller ring till it makes contact with the tube body and tighten it up.

Now when you look down the tube you should see the button make contact with the battery standoff when you press the button. If the button throw is to short you can back the whole button out a bit and re tighten the smaller locking ring to the tube. But again while testing make the throw very short. Once you know the ggts is working properly you can adjust for a longer throw usually 1/2 to 1 turn at a time untill you get the desired throw length or it stops working again.

If all that doesn't help again remove the botton. Put the battery in and the top end of the ggts (with the carto and adapter from previous steps) Again do not over tighten. Now once everything is put together with the button off take a screwdriver and touch the battery standoff post and the tube body at the same time (through the button hole). If your carto fires then something is going on with your button and I recommend taking it appart completely and cleaning it. If it doesn't then you either have a short somewhere (possibly from over tightning possibly from bad o-rings) or a bad carto.

Hope this has helped.

Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Re reading your posts I don't think it is a battery issue since the carto will fire on the ggts without the adapter. So hopefully the first part helped.

If you have an old Aluminum TMF version the center pin was shorter and may not be long enough to make contact. However I can't verify this I just know that on mine I sometimes have issues with non gg adapters with it.

Special.K

Mar 16, 2013
Ca
Hi Justin,
I am using an 18490 battery, it will shake if not threaded all the way but when tightened nothing rattles. I dont have an 18650 battery to test out. Thank you for your suggestion Justin, I tried this out but it still doesnt fire. Do you push the adapters firing pin all the way down? Its confusing since im using the Imeo made adapter and not stacking aftermarket components...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread