Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Of course I can my friend and welcome to GG forum:)

Fuse has a resistance of 0,2 ohm. All fuses have a resistance because they are made from thin wires so they can be burned easily if more current than the apropriate pass though them. That means that less current goes through the atomizer, so we have a small drop of voltage.

But better safe than risking our lives:)

Daz 7401

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Bristol UK
Hi K9, I use fuses in all my GGTS's, in fact I would not use a multi batt set up without one. I don't notice any drop in performance if that is what you mean? 0.2ohm is not noticeable IMO. You say you only just fitted it so it must have been hanging around awhile, it probably just needs a good clean. Make sure you sand the ends of the spring and stretch it slightly also clean the inside of the brass tube, I use metal polish and Q-tip. Hope this helps. Daz

Last edited:

Daz 7401

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Bristol UK
I guess with LR atty the fuse's added resistance can be fairly noticed. Perchaps 1.5ohm 510 would be better here.

But...do you really need a fuse for a single battery setup @ 3.7v?

Also AW IRM battys are advertised as "will never explode" safe chemistry.

Hi Booker, I have used LR with the fuse and can't tell any difference.
IMR batteries are sold as will not vent flame.
Also I had an attie short with a AW IMR 18650 without a fuse (waiting for the postman) it got very hot in about 5 seconds and melted the batteries outer plastic. The fuse is worth having. Daz

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Its a drop of voltage for sure but maybe the human cant feel it. But maybe some people can do.

Of course the cleaning and the streching of the spring are very important things. You can also put Noalox to the bottom of the spring so it will make better contact with the base of the hole where it touch

k9frog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
sullivan co. ny
wow thanks for all these replies this is great getting answers like this, i understand the importance for the fuse,so what ill do ill try to clean and lightly sand all contact areas, then give it a try ,but for the 2 days i had this ggts im amazed at the work put into making this mod one of the finest ones out there,hey thanks again everyone ,im sure to have more

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Most likely more of your spring not being right Rip, no the fuse doesnt touch the bottom all the way the way the black plastic piece is made for it and the way the cap is rounded inside, it's one of those special Imeo fittings thats magic Rip, check your spring and or replace or stretch it a bit maybe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread