GGTS - Penelope - Odysseus Adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
The reason that some adapter combination don't give air control and always will have a tight draw is adapters come either labeled or typed as "sealed" or "unsealed". A sealed adapter is solid all the way through and has no channel for air to move.

In our best desired combination using the rethreader, 901 to 808, and then 901 to 510, the 901 to 510 adapter has to be the "unsealed" type.

If you look the larger picture of the adapter on COV linked to above, the notches shown in the base of adapter make sure that air can flow to the hollow middle of the adapter - this one is "unsealed".

Last edited:

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Yea the rethreader -> 901/808 ->901/510 works very well with air control as well.

At the time of the original post I had not tested it and CoV did not have stock of the 901/808. My post was strictly in response to cover an immediate need by some people that had just received GGTS's and wanted to know what they could buy right now and make the Penelope work.

Ariel already has a huge amount of adapter combinations covered with results. This post was to fill the immediate need. Go order these two, in stock items, and you will be able to use your Penelope kind of thing.

Last edited:

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
The best combo is ,

Rethreader , 901 to 808, 901 to 510

Note: the 901 end of the 901 to 510 actually screws into the 808 end

The reason this is the best combo is because it will not make your TS longer than it needs to be.

Unfortunately COV does not have the 901 to 808 so you'll have to get that from another vendor

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
I agree River. I've tried this combo and it shaves the width of the 7mm air control ring off the total length.

Cov just didn't have it available and at the time I posted this while two people were asking me what to buy from CoV. Felt it was easier at that point to post about it really quickly and upload some pictures then sign up for a photo sharing site so I could show them.

I know the original post combo is not the best but it works and it was in stock.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I agree River. I've tried this combo and it shaves the width of the 7mm air control ring off the total length.

Cov just didn't have it available and at the time I posted this while two people were asking me what to buy from CoV. Felt it was easier at that point to post about it really quickly and upload some pictures then sign up for a photo sharing site so I could show them.

I know the original post combo is not the best but it works and it was in stock.

No doubt, and it was good of you to help all of the new TS owners find a solution in one place where they had already been purchasing items. :toast:

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Dont worry guys when I get my ggtts base i will do a video on this. this topic has been for some one hell of a emotional kick thats for sure.

Bottom line GGTS base is a must if you want FANTASTIC tight and I mean TIGHT ... DRAWS like i show in video using air control. Closed no smoke coming out. Do that with a penelope since there is no GGTS base for it. smoek comes out do it on a standard Ody v2 with no GGTS base snoke comes out.

Do it on a GGTS base ody no smoke will come out. Yet if you open air control all 3 setups will increase in air take.

Two adapters work to get Ody and Pen to work but the air control is not going to work 100 percent without that add on BASE from Imeo for GGTS ODY as for Pen he didn't make one for her since Pen is for Proteus.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
OK so we hook up both adapter set ups... we see no difference... minus the use of the rethreader....

There is a difference. Due to the use of the re-threader that combo allows the battery pin on the other side to come up quite a bit. Functionally it's the same but using the combo with the re-threader will make it just short enough to fit some battery and kick combinations.

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
I was playing with my GGTS and Penelope today and did this a 901 to 510 with no toe cap, I used a O-ring around the bottom of my Penelope. It just fits inside the air control to without touching and the o-ring makes it air tight. Works really well

IMAG0689.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread