USA
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: drug reference

Sero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Spa City, AR
There has been a ton of progress on this front...where have you been the past four years lol. If I am buying a boutique brand juice, I want it in a nice glass bottle(Halo,AiV,JC). If I am looking for a lower price bargain juice (MBV,etc) the "presentation" factor doesn't matter. In other words, if I am paying more than the average cost, it better look nice.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
like i said where juice is concerned packaging is unimportant to me...especially since you can DIY....hair products/skin products/perfume...completely different story.
i told one of my reps that their line would sell a LOT better if the packaging wasn't so basic and somewhat juvenile. it is a good line...just looks a little cheap so anyone over 13 years old gravitates to the more expensive looking packaging...even tho it may not be as good.
BUT packaging doesn't equal good, quality, or clean...one of the best packaged/most expensive national haircare lines is utter crap....
I bought a juice brand that was very expensive and the packaging was well thought out and nice....juice was terrible (to me .LOL)

like another poster said...mom and pop juice makers, i appreciate wanting to keep cost down and don't find it a reflection of their commitment to quality....maybe they spent more money on the setup and cleanliness of their "lab" than fancy bottles

why am i still talking? LOL

p.s. if i was going to carry juice in a retail setting i would for sure require fancy packaging....or sell fancy decorative bottles for carrying....hmmm...

foobar1234

Nov 2, 2011
USA
Post got deleted, removed the inappropriate reference and reposting.

"I'd love to hear from someone that's into marketing.

But, my intuition suggests that perceived quality is important. I have not looked at the packaging costs, but, one thing of concern is that if a company is unwilling to invest the few % points in packaging, how do I know that they've invested in a "healthy" (e.g. sterile, whatever) production environment for their ejuice? If they're so concerned about cutting costs, that packaging is too costly, I'm wondering if they're concerned when a batch is contaminated. Anyway, these are just some things that make me feel uneasy.

Edit: Another thing I want to add. I recall some vendors that would ship their products in glass jars. Ihis is great for those that are concerned with plastics leeching into the liquid. This is a great innovation. So, there has been progress. "

ScarletAbby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
San Jose, CA
Some places send juices in glass bottles. I guess I'm kind of in the middle, it'll be nice to have the option to pick plastic or glass (and of course pay more if you choose the latter). It's a growing business and there's already a few that seem to be paving the way on a matter of health, packaging and shipping standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread