"Ghost Firing" mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
Anyone have experience with mods that "ghost fire" I've had a couple that will just start firing on their own while sitting there untouched...
I figured they are unsafe to use and tend to burn out the coil/cotton so have set them aside, but wondering if there might be a fix.
Maybe a way to reset the mod?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The only thing I can think of is that the button contact is either dirty or failing. Underneath that "big button" you push, there's some form of contact switch. If it's allowing current through to the "pin" on the circuit board that senses the button push, it could build up and fire the mod.

Does it stay on when it does this? Does it go on and off? (Curious)

I suppose short of throwing it out, you might want to try to clean the contact, from the outside if you can, but you'll probably have to disassemble it and hope you're good with stuff like that.

Or contact the manufacturer...that's probably a good idea...and see what they say.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah, if it's more than a year old chances are it's just time to retire it, not worth trying to have repaired. Many mods last longer than that but many do not. If you did feel like taking it apart yourself, the problem could lie in the button contact, cleaning it could help, but it could be corroded or damaged somehow or in other areas. I don't feel confident doing stuff like that myself but it can be done.

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
Yeah, they're both old...they fire like you're holding the button and don't stop until the circuit times them out.
Both of them very likely have sticky buttons from spilled juice, maybe I can try some alcohol on the Sig, pretty sure I can those screws off inside and take a look.
Thanks for the replies.

fowlerkenRog

Moved On
Nov 30, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: Spam

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
dilute buffer solution, or by carbon adsorption and ongrid washing with dis. at Levels 2 and 3, CMA / AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants). what parents think about homework Main Skills: SAP,BI, BW, Enterprise Portal, SLD, PI, SCM, CRM.
Im happy to see that you've made the diagrams bigger. Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of. Prepare a Speech for them,you can get an idea from the below mention Speech on Teachers Teachers have an influencing role in the life of every student. This year, I had an opportunity to examine a set of lesson plans that. Cv Words And Phrases – Essay Nut Site
Yfvz.gif

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
dilute buffer solution, or by carbon adsorption and ongrid washing with dis. at Levels 2 and 3, CMA / AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants). what parents think about homework Main Skills: SAP,BI, BW, Enterprise Portal, SLD, PI, SCM, CRM.
Im happy to see that you've made the diagrams bigger. Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of. Prepare a Speech for them,you can get an idea from the below mention Speech on Teachers Teachers have an influencing role in the life of every student. This year, I had an opportunity to examine a set of lesson plans that. Cv Words And Phrases – Essay Nut Site
My new favorite post!! Going to have to bookmark this one, I know I'll be returning to it often!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I can’t do that but you are BANNED!!!! from my list of posts I’ll read so bu-bye

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Yeah, they're both old...they fire like you're holding the button and don't stop until the circuit times them out.
Both of them very likely have sticky buttons from spilled juice, maybe I can try some alcohol on the Sig, pretty sure I can those screws off inside and take a look.
Thanks for the replies.
I had a juice soak happen to my mod...tried to disassemble...gave up, then just strip it and dropped the mod into iso alcohol for 24hrs followed by 120psi of air and I was back in business. Mine was also ghost firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread