The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Given up on watermelon.

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by RobertH, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RobertH

RobertH Moved On

Jul 9, 2012
    The vendors i have tried their watermelon had a taste more like the rhine of the melon instead of the pink flesh as i hoped. it has the taste of when you eat a little to close to the rhine, a green taste.
    someone please tell me i am not the only one to have had that taste from a watermelon. i have spent sevral hundred bucks trying to find a flavor that i like and i always come back to the one i started with Strawberry.I got a couple of shoe box's full of other flavors and they all taste nothing like the name. Sweet vapes, vape dude, wet your stick,mad vapes, clouds of vapor, and many more vendors. they all have an odd idea of what a flavor is and what comes in the bottle they sell.
    Maybe its just me? But i did go and buy a watermelon at the store to see if i had lost my sense of taste and NO oddly enough the watermelon did taste like a watermelon.lol
    Thanks for any advice as to what would give these watermelons the green/rhine taste i get from them and how i could mix it out so to speak.
    Thanks again and have a great weekend,Rob.

2. teknokreeper

teknokreeper Full Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Milford, MI
    Not sure if you're interested in more of a "candy-like" watermelon flavor, but Kalamazoo Vapor Shop makes a Flavor called Wacky Watermelon that tastes great. It's definitely not an authentic watermelon, but more like a mild Jolly Rancher flavor.

3. RobertH

RobertH Moved On

Jul 9, 2012
    Thanks i'll check them out and see what they have. Maybe thats what i am looking for " Candy like' flavor. to be honest a real watermelon has very little taste other then the sweetness and lots of juice. So i guess it is more of the candy taste i was looking for. I did get some vanilla custard a few weeks back and did not like when i first got/tried it but today i gave it another try and it is pretty darn good, maybe some of this stuff needs to Steep a while.
    Thanks for the tip, Have a great weekend,Rob.

4. angiehope

angiehope Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Let me know what you think of the watermelon you try. I'm like you - I only like strawberry flavors. I'm still trying to find the right one, though. Care to share which you are happy with the most? I don't even eat strawberries, but the flavor is what seems to suit me with vaping. Go figure.

5. bev135

bev135 Full Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Colorado
    I have also noticed a "greenness" to watermelon flavors. But I still like them. I try not to get too hung up on whether or not a juice tastes like its name. Lots of them don't. I just concentrate on flavors that are satisfying/pleasing to vape. Some of the flavors that I don't really like, like Sour Green Apple, for instance, turns out to be very satisfying for me. Yes, it appears that sometimes I like vaping flavors that I don't really like. Hmmm. Taste must be a very individual and variable thing!

6. mecocina

mecocina Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2011
    Florida
    Alt Cig has a nice jolly watermelon that is like the candy. I didn't think I would like that one but it's really good. I also have their summer watermelon which is steeping.

7. Lumpia

Lumpia Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Freedom Smoke USA has some pretty spot on flavors. I can't stand watermelon, so I never tried that flavor, however they do offer a sample pack of just their watermelon flavors.

FSUSA Watermelon Sampler

8. Cinnamonkey

Cinnamonkey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2011
    Jasper, GA
    I recently started vaping Ms. T's New Watermelon. It's more along the lines of a cross between watermelon smoothie and Watermelon Airheads (candy) that I still enjoy from time to time. It's pretty much as close as I can find to a "natural" watermelon. No chemical aftertaste that I have found with other companies and no jolly rancher. No rind. Its a decent vape and one I have come to enjoy when I am in the mood for a nice summer fruit vape. I love the fruits. Strawberry is my all time favorite..but Blueberry and Watermelon are nice too.

9. RobertH

RobertH Moved On

Jul 9, 2012
    The strawberry i like the most is from >Wet your Stick< ******************************************************** and it has a nice flavor to it. I've got some good tips on my watermelon search through this thread and when i get one thats not got the 'green' taste to it i'll let you know.
    Take care and have a nice weekend,Rob.

10. Loveridden

Loveridden Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Schaumburg, IL
    Watermelon Rancher from Quick Nic is my fav watermelon flavor so far...

11. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Ahlusion's watemelon Jubelance in 10, 30, 60 mL While I have not had this juice, I think Ahlusion would be a very, very safe choice. Many of you know that I am a tobacco vaper non-stop, right? Well, ask me why I am enjoying some Bobas Honeydew Tea from Ahlusion...I will tell you why, because I like honeydew and bobas tea and this is it! If you buy from Ahlusion, which I think everybody and their mama should, ask for a sample of another juice they offer (except their premium line, which is only like 4 juices) when you get to the notes. They ask you anyway what you would like to sample.

p.s. I am adding Ahlusion to my dictionary on my computer so that when I type it, it shows up as correct. Welp, just did it. Ahlusion is in my dictionary!

12. HawkeyeFLA

HawkeyeFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2012
    Clermont, FL
    I liked Vapors Choice watermelon. Seemed very Jolly Rancher to me if that's what you're after. Great juice prices, and samplers as well.

13. billherbst

billherbst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Florence, Oregon
    For a good, natural-tasting watermelon, I can recommend Watermelon Wonder from CrystalELiquid. No Jolly Rancher candy tone at all---just fresh, authentic watermelon. And much more red melon meat flavor than white-pulp-rind. It's not an in-your-face juice and won't knock you over with intensity, but then, real watermelon doesn't do that either. The flavor is very pleasant and almost soothing. Admittedly, it can't provide that "watermelon-juice-running-down-the-sides-of-your-mouth" experience, but, on the other hand, you won't have any seeds to spit out.

link: Crystal E-Liquid Watermelon Wonder

14. skelley

skelley Super Member ECF Veteran

I can totally taste the rind with Ms T's.

If I have a issue finding a flavor profile, I usually look for organics/naturals.
    I like dripeez watermelon....here.

I have heard that Clearwater by UpStomp is good, but I haven't tried it yet. It's sold at LJ's E-Smokes...here.

15. SpicyMcHaggis

SpicyMcHaggis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    Hamilton Ohio
    I think I'm giving up on watermelon. I've tried several and they are just not cutting it. I've asked for extra flavor and gotten it...still too mild. I even bought some FlavourArt flavor and added and added and added, to no avail. I'm just gonna move on.

16. Lava_Man

Lava_Man Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2012
    MA
    Hmm... I love watermelon, but have tried 6-7? Different vendors and I can hardly get any taste OR ( and this is the very weird part ) any vapor?? And no it's not my PV/carto/voltage/etc because I can take any setup I have with any of the watermelon juices and hand it to my gf and she loves it with good to great vapor production? Honestly , how can that even make sense?

17. Joe_13

Joe_13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Nor Cal
    I have Upstomps Clearwater,
    I taste no watermelon . . . But I do taste water, if thats possible.

18. happy harry

happy harry Full Member

Aug 3, 2012
    London
    RobertH,

Have you tried the flavours from liberty flights? I have been working my way through them for the last 2 weeks. I was a menthol smoker, and their menthol blends really hit the mark. I also tried their cherry, which is most definitely my fave', a really smooth vape with a great sweetness, but not over the top. I have just ordered their XO range of fruit flavours, as they are supposed to be fantastic. If you want to give it a go use the code lfec10 to get 10% off the order, every cent counts. Good luck, and I hope you find that elusive flavour.

19. skelley

skelley Super Member ECF Veteran

Thanks Joe, I think someone once said that it reminded them of a 'watery' juicey fruit. Do you get anything other than water?
    I tried Blue Water Punch from Volcanoecigs and it tasted like water, but had a 'envelope glue' after taste. So yeah, I would say it's possible to taste water....lol.

20. ByeByeCoffinNails

ByeByeCoffinNails Senior Member ECF Veteran

From what I have noticed- a lot of the watermelons are more of a Rock or Honeydew melon taste than a 'true' watermelon. I gave up on them as I'm not a Rock or Honeydew fan.

However, I know a melon fan who adores Heather's Heavenly Vapes' 'Double D' watermelon.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.