Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
The vendors i have tried their watermelon had a taste more like the rhine of the melon instead of the pink flesh as i hoped. it has the taste of when you eat a little to close to the rhine, a green taste.
someone please tell me i am not the only one to have had that taste from a watermelon. i have spent sevral hundred bucks trying to find a flavor that i like and i always come back to the one i started with Strawberry.I got a couple of shoe box's full of other flavors and they all taste nothing like the name. Sweet vapes, vape dude, wet your stick,mad vapes, clouds of vapor, and many more vendors. they all have an odd idea of what a flavor is and what comes in the bottle they sell.
Maybe its just me? But i did go and buy a watermelon at the store to see if i had lost my sense of taste and NO oddly enough the watermelon did taste like a watermelon.lol
Thanks for any advice as to what would give these watermelons the green/rhine taste i get from them and how i could mix it out so to speak.
Thanks again and have a great weekend,Rob.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Not sure if you're interested in more of a "candy-like" watermelon flavor, but Kalamazoo Vapor Shop makes a Flavor called Wacky Watermelon that tastes great. It's definitely not an authentic watermelon, but more like a mild Jolly Rancher flavor.
Thanks i'll check them out and see what they have. Maybe thats what i am looking for " Candy like' flavor. to be honest a real watermelon has very little taste other then the sweetness and lots of juice. So i guess it is more of the candy taste i was looking for. I did get some vanilla custard a few weeks back and did not like when i first got/tried it but today i gave it another try and it is pretty darn good, maybe some of this stuff needs to Steep a while.
Thanks for the tip, Have a great weekend,Rob.

angiehope

Dec 11, 2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast
The vendors i have tried their watermelon had a taste more like the rhine of the melon instead of the pink flesh as i hoped. it has the taste of when you eat a little to close to the rhine, a green taste.
someone please tell me i am not the only one to have had that taste from a watermelon. i have spent sevral hundred bucks trying to find a flavor that i like and i always come back to the one i started with Strawberry.I got a couple of shoe box's full of other flavors and they all taste nothing like the name. Sweet vapes, vape dude, wet your stick,mad vapes, clouds of vapor, and many more vendors. they all have an odd idea of what a flavor is and what comes in the bottle they sell.
Maybe its just me? But i did go and buy a watermelon at the store to see if i had lost my sense of taste and NO oddly enough the watermelon did taste like a watermelon.lol
Thanks for any advice as to what would give these watermelons the green/rhine taste i get from them and how i could mix it out so to speak.
Thanks again and have a great weekend,Rob.

Let me know what you think of the watermelon you try. I'm like you - I only like strawberry flavors. I'm still trying to find the right one, though. Care to share which you are happy with the most? I don't even eat strawberries, but the flavor is what seems to suit me with vaping. Go figure.

bev135

Sep 14, 2011
Colorado
I have also noticed a "greenness" to watermelon flavors. But I still like them. I try not to get too hung up on whether or not a juice tastes like its name. Lots of them don't. I just concentrate on flavors that are satisfying/pleasing to vape. Some of the flavors that I don't really like, like Sour Green Apple, for instance, turns out to be very satisfying for me. Yes, it appears that sometimes I like vaping flavors that I don't really like. Hmmm. Taste must be a very individual and variable thing!

Cinnamonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Jasper, GA
I recently started vaping Ms. T's New Watermelon. It's more along the lines of a cross between watermelon smoothie and Watermelon Airheads (candy) that I still enjoy from time to time. It's pretty much as close as I can find to a "natural" watermelon. No chemical aftertaste that I have found with other companies and no jolly rancher. No rind. Its a decent vape and one I have come to enjoy when I am in the mood for a nice summer fruit vape. I love the fruits. Strawberry is my all time favorite..but Blueberry and Watermelon are nice too.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Let me know what you think of the watermelon you try. I'm like you - I only like strawberry flavors. I'm still trying to find the right one, though. Care to share which you are happy with the most? I don't even eat strawberries, but the flavor is what seems to suit me with vaping. Go figure.

The strawberry i like the most is from >Wet your Stick< https://wetyourstick.com/pd_strawberry_30ml_e-liquid.cfm and it has a nice flavor to it. I've got some good tips on my watermelon search through this thread and when i get one thats not got the 'green' taste to it i'll let you know.
Take care and have a nice weekend,Rob.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Ahlusion's watemelon Jubelance in 10, 30, 60 mL While I have not had this juice, I think Ahlusion would be a very, very safe choice. Many of you know that I am a tobacco vaper non-stop, right? Well, ask me why I am enjoying some Bobas Honeydew Tea from Ahlusion...I will tell you why, because I like honeydew and bobas tea and this is it! If you buy from Ahlusion, which I think everybody and their mama should, ask for a sample of another juice they offer (except their premium line, which is only like 4 juices) when you get to the notes. They ask you anyway what you would like to sample.

p.s. I am adding Ahlusion to my dictionary on my computer so that when I type it, it shows up as correct. Welp, just did it. Ahlusion is in my dictionary!

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
For a good, natural-tasting watermelon, I can recommend Watermelon Wonder from CrystalELiquid. No Jolly Rancher candy tone at all---just fresh, authentic watermelon. And much more red melon meat flavor than white-pulp-rind. It's not an in-your-face juice and won't knock you over with intensity, but then, real watermelon doesn't do that either. The flavor is very pleasant and almost soothing. Admittedly, it can't provide that "watermelon-juice-running-down-the-sides-of-your-mouth" experience, but, on the other hand, you won't have any seeds to spit out.

link: Crystal E-Liquid Watermelon Wonder

I recently started vaping Ms. T's New Watermelon. It's more along the lines of a cross between watermelon smoothie and Watermelon Airheads (candy) that I still enjoy from time to time. It's pretty much as close as I can find to a "natural" watermelon. No chemical aftertaste that I have found with other companies and no jolly rancher. No rind. Its a decent vape and one I have come to enjoy when I am in the mood for a nice summer fruit vape. I love the fruits. Strawberry is my all time favorite..but Blueberry and Watermelon are nice too.

I can totally taste the rind with Ms T's.

If I have a issue finding a flavor profile, I usually look for organics/naturals.
I like dripeez watermelon....here.

I have heard that Clearwater by UpStomp is good, but I haven't tried it yet. It's sold at LJ's E-Smokes...here.

Lava_Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
MA
Hmm... I love watermelon, but have tried 6-7? Different vendors and I can hardly get any taste OR ( and this is the very weird part ) any vapor?? And no it's not my PV/carto/voltage/etc because I can take any setup I have with any of the watermelon juices and hand it to my gf and she loves it with good to great vapor production? Honestly , how can that even make sense?

happy harry

Aug 3, 2012
London
RobertH,

Have you tried the flavours from liberty flights? I have been working my way through them for the last 2 weeks. I was a menthol smoker, and their menthol blends really hit the mark. I also tried their cherry, which is most definitely my fave', a really smooth vape with a great sweetness, but not over the top. I have just ordered their XO range of fruit flavours, as they are supposed to be fantastic. If you want to give it a go use the code lfec10 to get 10% off the order, every cent counts. Good luck, and I hope you find that elusive flavour.

I have Upstomps Clearwater,
I taste no watermelon . . . But I do taste water, if thats possible.

Thanks Joe, I think someone once said that it reminded them of a 'watery' juicey fruit. Do you get anything other than water?
I tried Blue Water Punch from Volcanoecigs and it tasted like water, but had a 'envelope glue' after taste. So yeah, I would say it's possible to taste water....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread