Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
WoW, it looks like i have still got hope for watermelon now. I am very pleased to see that i am not the only one that has had a hard time in my search for a flavor that is great in my head but not in my mouth, (hmmm, that was an odd thing to say,) I am pretty sure most get an idea of what i mean by that. from the comments i have come to find that what i am /was looking for was a "Candy-like" flavor rather then a natural watermelon flavor. Then again i really don't want it to be that strong of a flavor but rather a hint of both,well mix if both,, what i like it to taste like and what it actually taste like. lol. I guess thats the thing about flavors. it's hard to describe what you like and the best you can do is make something of a comparison and hope to get it close.Otherwise there would not be so many flavors to chose from am i correct?lol
Well i see that i am starting to ramble so i think i should stop now before i end up looking like a crazy person. If i haven't already,lol
I would like to Thank each and every one that has taken the time to help me in my search and i will in time try each and every one of the suggestions i have got regarding vendors/flavors. And when i do find that JUST RIGHT flavor i will be sure and personally thank the person that led me to it,lol.
Thank you all again and Have a Great weekend,Rob.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
I think I'm giving up on watermelon. I've tried several and they are just not cutting it. I've asked for extra flavor and gotten it...still too mild. I even bought some FlavourArt flavor and added and added and added, to no avail. I'm just gonna move on.
I understand just what you are going through. It seems like there is No hope and the best thing to do would to be just give up and move on.
I felt the same way then i started this thread in hopes i was not alone and asking for any tip's i could get on finding that taste i was looking for. Granted i have not found it as of today but i now have a renewed hope and thanks to my fellow vapors i have names and places yet to be explored by me on my quest.lol
So i hope you do as i ,and Don't give up on watermelon. I am sure it's out there some place and one day you,,well WE will find it and life as a vapor will be better for it.
Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend,Rob.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
!!thats awesome that you went and bought a watermelon as a "control group". :)

but anyway, congrats on giving up on the search for a watermelon juice. ive never once tasted anything that claimed it was watermelon that tasted like an actual watermelon. the flavor must be too tough to pin down. i think its largely due to the softness of the flavor. its naturally not a "bursting with flavor" type of fruit. the fruit (which is not even really a fruit, its a gourd) is so delicate in flavor that any attempt to replicate it results in fail.

The vendors i have tried their watermelon had a taste more like the rhine of the melon instead of the pink flesh as i hoped. it has the taste of when you eat a little to close to the rhine, a green taste.
someone please tell me i am not the only one to have had that taste from a watermelon. i have spent sevral hundred bucks trying to find a flavor that i like and i always come back to the one i started with Strawberry.I got a couple of shoe box's full of other flavors and they all taste nothing like the name. Sweet vapes, vape dude, wet your stick,mad vapes, clouds of vapor, and many more vendors. they all have an odd idea of what a flavor is and what comes in the bottle they sell.
Maybe its just me? But i did go and buy a watermelon at the store to see if i had lost my sense of taste and NO oddly enough the watermelon did taste like a watermelon.lol
Thanks for any advice as to what would give these watermelons the green/rhine taste i get from them and how i could mix it out so to speak.
Thanks again and have a great weekend,Rob.

edit: if you guys are looking for a good strawberry (with a hint of melon) try out Vape~A~Licious' D's All Day. its wonderful.

edit#2: i stand corrected! billherbst's rec sounds groovy.

(i really oughta read the entire thread before i post. but hey its America LOL)

Last edited:

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
For anyone tired of "subtle watermelon flavoring" then you probably didn't try The Vapor Rooms "Sweet Watermelon" with extra flavoring. Like may of you, I've tried AT LEAST 20 different watermelon flavors and all of them fall into three categories. 1) Jolly Rancher Flavoring, 2) Mild subtle flavor or 3) Watermelon Bubble gum taste. Sweet Watermelon from The Vapor Room tastes different from any other watermelon out there. It is it's own flavor and is easily a all day vape. I would say it's a perfect mix between watermelon candy (not the jolly rancher flavoring) and real watermelon.

Try it and you will not be disappointed. Make sure you ask for extra flavoring. Also, they give a free sample with every order and in the comment section, you can specify what flavor you would like with your free sample.

Cynder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
Alaska
Then again i really don't want it to be that strong of a flavor but rather a hint of both,well mix if both,, what i like it to taste like and what it actually taste like.

Have you tried Highbrow's watermelon? I think it's a hint of both just like you mentioned. It's not strong in your face, and it's slightly sweet. It's pretty good.

As for Clearwater, I know a lot of people love it, but all I get is that artificial strawberry out of it. It's something I just can't get past, but that's just me. lol.

Good luck!

hellerhighwater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Riverside, CA
It's been mentioned before, but backwoods brew makes a watermelon flavor that I've tried. It's decent, very sweet and candy like. I don't use it often though because it's not really my thing and it takes forever to get that flavor out of an atomizer. It's so sticky of a flavor that it will even get in your mouthpiece assembly on a tank and you can still taste it just from the condensation. Super pungent, though a watermelon fanatic may enjoy having their whole vaping universe taste like this juice for a while.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I'm finding the watermelon quest to be as hard as the "my cigarette brand" one is. When I first started vaping I fell in love with a watermelon ice... cool jolly rancher taste. I started two other people vaping with it. After ordering the bigger bottle in the same PG/VG as the sample size, all I could taste was menthol and watermelon rind. I called my two friends and they said that their order didn't taste anything like the sample I let them try. I contacted the vendor who denied changing the flavoring/recipe... so punt. I then ordered watermelon jolly rancher type from three other vendors. Two of them tasted just like ivory soap (yup old enough to have gotten my mouth washed out with it as a kid... that's abuse today LOL) and the other had almost no taste except for rind. At this point I'm wondering if watermelon flavoring doesn't do something to taste buds and I reminisce about that first pleasurable experience with watermelon ice but am reluctant to keep spending money on duds.

Last edited:

ninjuh

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2012
Northwest Idaho
Ohhh my favorite watermelon hands down is from www.fuzionvapor.com it's called Milli Vanilli. Very fresh clean tasting watermelon. I can vape it all day without getting that gross aftertaste other watermelons seem to leave. Give it a go I'm sure you'll like it. You could also watch some reviews on it on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Justjames

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2012
California
I thought it's just me who in search for good watermelon. I first started with watermelon carto from SI, I liked it very much and ordered 30ml. The taste wasn't exactly the same as carto pack even when I tried with CE3. After I tried from a few more places with other kind of melon as well. So far none give me a taste of watermelon or cantaloupe or just melons I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread