Glad I Started When I Did

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I joined ECF back in August of 2017. I was sixty-five years old and had been smoking 25-30 cigarettes a day for 40+ years. I began vaping at the same time win the hope I could at least cut down. I dual used for months, continually cutting back on cigarettes. I smoked my last cigarette on May 11, 2018 - I am coming up on my three year anniversary. When I began, I vaped 24mg nicotine. Now I alternate between 3mg and zero nic.

Given how incredibly positive vaping has been for me, I am in shock at recent events. I was down to two working mods. I have ordered four mods, some tanks and a bunch of coils. I am still able to buy some eliquids where I live - but many of my favorites from Halo have been discontinued. I still have some outstanding hardware orders that I hope get delivered.

The treatment of vaping in the media has been a one sided disgrace, and propaganda works. Over the years when I have mentioned to people that I quit by vaping, they respond, ‘so you quit smoking by picking up a habit that is even more dangerous’.

I am set for at least a year. Fortunately I have kicked my addiction to nicotine - I recently vaped zero nic for a month. If I was just starting out, it would truly be panic time, and I would go back to cigarettes for sure. I suspect that many will do just that. Happy I started when I did.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It is a crazy time for vapers for sure. Glad you can do zero nic but maybe you can get some nic in your stash too. I do 3 mg usually so the concentrate lasts forever practically. Hopefully local vape shops will keep up with demands, but best to stock up as soon as you can.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am in shock at recent events
I'm not. The writing has literally been "on the wall" since spring of 2014, when the FDA first published their Deeming Regulation proposal. Although plenty of people were in denial, it was fairly obvious that The Powers That Be intended to kill vaping. The thing that surprises me most is how long it took them to actually get it done.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I'm not. The writing has literally been "on the wall" since spring of 2014, when the FDA first published their Deeming Regulation proposal. Although plenty of people were in denial, it was fairly obvious that The Powers That Be intended to kill vaping. The thing that surprises me most is how long it took them to actually get it done.

Actually they've had vaping in their target since 2009 and the Sotterra v FDA suit. Judge Leon blocked it then, but they didn't give up.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I am set for at least a year. Fortunately I have kicked my addiction to nicotine - I recently vaped zero nic for a month.

You have 1 year to shake the hand-to-mouth addiction and be done with vaping0. That's very doable.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I joined ECF back in August of 2017. I was sixty-five years old and had been smoking 25-30 cigarettes a day for 40+ years. I began vaping at the same time win the hope I could at least cut down. I dual used for months, continually cutting back on cigarettes. I smoked my last cigarette on May 11, 2018 - I am coming up on my three year anniversary. When I began, I vaped 24mg nicotine. Now I alternate between 3mg and zero nic.

Given how incredibly positive vaping has been for me, I am in shock at recent events. I was down to two working mods. I have ordered four mods, some tanks and a bunch of coils. I am still able to buy some eliquids where I live - but many of my favorites from Halo have been discontinued. I still have some outstanding hardware orders that I hope get delivered.

The treatment of vaping in the media has been a one sided disgrace, and propaganda works. Over the years when I have mentioned to people that I quit by vaping, they respond, ‘so you quit smoking by picking up a habit that is even more dangerous’.

I am set for at least a year. Fortunately I have kicked my addiction to nicotine - I recently vaped zero nic for a month. If I was just starting out, it would truly be panic time, and I would go back to cigarettes for sure. I suspect that many will do just that. Happy I started when I did.
    Brooklyn - me too...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    You have 1 year to shake the hand-to-mouth addiction and be done with vaping0. That's very doable.

Not for everyone.

I went down to zero more than once and it was always high stress that made me jump back into nicotine to keep from smoking every time. And I was at zero for over a year at least once..

That's the reason to have some nicotine base even if you think you can just stop, because you may not be able to forever.

Long term addiction can be a tricky thing!

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    For me, and likely many others, the physical habit was as strong or stronger than the chemical addiction.
    Which is why vaping has been more effective a smoking cessation aid than any other.

searcher

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2009
    Bossier City, La
    I agree with others here. Get you some 100 mg (at least a liter). This whole situation shows the ignorance of the powers that be. These devices should have earned the creator the prize for medicine. They are proven better for the lungs, and only a fool would state that they are as bad for the circulatory system as smoking. In 2009 I was at the end of my rope with my heart condition. I switched to vaping and 12 years later I am in great health. My cardiologist told me "What ever you are doing, keep doing it". I pulled out my mod and showed him. He also shows me as a nonsmoker. The only change made was stinkies to vaping. I do the same exercises both before and after the switch. I feel bad for the number of smokers that will die because of this war on vaping.
    ////End Of Rant/////

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread