Glad to be a new vapor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonTClark

Oct 18, 2013
Hey guys! I have been analog free for 15 days now. I have been a smoker for about 20 years (embarrassed to say I started around 15) and had never tried to quit, even with the urging of my wife. I decided it was time to quit because I had a baby on the way and want to be around for as long as possible! Plus I don't want him to grow up with a chain smoking father either. I bought the Blu starter kit and threw my pack away. I have to say I struggled with the Blu for about 5 days, but didn't give in. I wish I had done a little more research before using that garbage - I was going through about 4 cartos a day before I finally listened to a friend and wandered (basically across the street from where I live in Memphis) into VapeWize - my local shop.

I bought a couple Ego 900s and some CE4s and have been very happy ever since! Only time I actually craved an analog was the day my son was born (10/12) - long labor!

I am looking to update my tank. I am a restaurant manager and work a lot of hours, so the CE4s get refilled a couple times while I am at work. Don't mind too much, but ready to step up from the disposables.

Eventually I want to upgrade to better batteries as well, but with a new baby I am trying to keep myself on a right budget, especially with my wife not working anymore. My question is will a Protank 2 perform well with my Ego 900s? Would love to upgrade my tank now and then eventually upgrade to a VV battery of some sort.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Good going Jason. I started with a BLU also. Wasn't all that great, but. . .from the first drag I told wifey. . .This is it! I can switch off tobacco using this. Smoked tobacco more than 52 years. Didn't think I'd ever quit. Started vaping, did "Double Duty", cigs & vaping for about 6 months. Then, next year and a half did 50/50 PG/VG. Feb 6th was my last vape. Good luck with your quit(s). Don't mind being around those that vape, can't say the same for smokers. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:

JasonTClark

Oct 18, 2013
Thanks Fortinbraz - That is a nice looking kit, but I'll have to wait to upgrade my battery. Lol still trying to convince my wife I can not only save my life, but money as well. Although it only took my about 2 days to figure out that vaping is as much a hobby/obsession as it is a way to improve my health! My local shop is out of PT2s till Monday or Tuesday when their next shipment comes in. Sadly the anticipation is killing me.

Otrpu - I have to say I enjoy vaping to a point that I don't know if I will quit, although I have tapered my nicotine from 24 to 18 to 12mg liquids. I've found that I don't mind smokers since I've quit. I guess I was just stubborn enough that when I put them down I never picked another one up and after the first 5 days and when I picked up a decent PV I have no desire to ever pick one up again. At work, even though I vape in my office I still find myself going outside for a vape with the smokers just to say hello. Already have one guy who works with me vaping and I think another guy is about to make the switch as well.

As far as batteries go - without getting into all of the complicated modding what are the best (simple) ones out there? I will probably upgrade to perhaps the ego or the evod vvs for a while, but what is the Aston Marten of batteries? - that don't take a doctorate in engineering and tons of time to work on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Try the MVP 2.... Yes it is a mod but the battery life is awesome... I get at least 3 days on a charge. It's not complicated nor expensive... Mt Baker Vaper has them for about $54.00 shipped... Use code 10percentoff when checking out. Shipping is fast as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Jason, welcome to ECF and congrats :thumbs:
My question is will a Protank 2 perform well with my Ego 900s?
Yes it will and you won't have to worry about "acidic" juices destroying it. Best ohms would be 1.8- 2.2 ohms.
Would love to upgrade my tank now and then eventually upgrade to a VV battery of some sort.
Could always buy a Spinner or Twist battery as the charger you have will work with either one. An inexpensive upgrade.
For deals keep an eye on:
Vapor Joes - Daily Vaping Deals
Best of Luck and give your Son a hug for us.

JasonTClark

Oct 18, 2013
Thanks guys!

Mark - I'm sure I'll get into mods eventually, but for now I like the ego style batteries. Lol once I buy a few more I'm sure I'll get bored and step up! Is there anyone who has been vaping for a while who has stuck with the basic starter kit they started with?!? It's seems to become an obsessive hobby- at least to me as I drool over the pics of everyone's set ups.

Vapoor - I have been looking at those as an upgrade over the next couple months. I'm sure I'll have a pretty good collection as time goes by!

What would be the difference of the vape with the 1.8 vs the 2.2 ohms on my 900s?

And there are no shortage of hugs in this house! I've been fortunate to be able to take 11 days off to be at home with my little one and help my wife out! On day 9 and not looking forward to going back... Although it worked out I go back Wednesday and then will be off Thursday and Friday!

Thanks for all the advice guys! This forum really is very welcoming and helpful... Thank goodness because it is a little overwhelming at first... Nice to have a place where the veterans can help out the new guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

JasonTClark

Oct 18, 2013
Just picked up my Protank 2. Love it!! Whole different word than CE4s.. Probably will pick up another one in the next couple weeks and a couple new batteries of the VV variety.. Like the Ego 900 size... So Ego VV, Twists or winders? Any one have good\bad experience with these? All comparable? Or is there one that stands above the rest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

JasonTClark

Oct 18, 2013
Well I decided to go a little farther than the twists and just ordered a MVP 2. I tried one at a local B&M that the guy working there had and really enjoyed the feel of it and the battery size really blew my mind when he said he gets 3 days of vapeing on a single charge. Looking forward to putting my PT 2 on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread