Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Plastic is fine for short-term mixing and shaking and storing. If you are going to use any of the "speed steeping" methods like stir plates, ultrasonic, heat (crock pot, microwave, hot water baths), or aggressive mechanical shaking (jig saws, sawzalls, etc.)(rock tumblers might be the exception where you want the forgiveness of plastic) glass is a better choice for different reasons depending on the application.
Glass for storage beyond 4-6 months (ish?). Oxidation (from oxygen permeating the plastic over time) is the primary offender; though some have mentioned their juice taking on plastic notes, and other have concerns of unwanted chemicals/compounds leaching into the juice.
And remember that light and heat are just as important to control when deciding on storage methods that are best for you.
I have bought glass from:
Glass Bottle Outlet
Specialty Bottle
For plastic; I have really come to like these unicorn bottles from:
One Stop DIY Shop
At $0.50 a piece, and your choice of 15mL or 30mL, I haven't seen anything to beat them.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'd use glass bottles if you're using any kind of heat for your steeping.

Other than that, I always use only these 3 types of plastic bottles for mixing and storage of my eliquids: PP, LDPE, and HDPE. They cost alittle more, but are higher quality plastics with more rigid manufacturing standards than many on eBay or Amazon, which are usually from China and are not one of those 3 types. You definitely don't want #1 PET bottles (like sodas, bottled water, etc. come in) which are for 1-time use only, nor the #7 OTHER bottles which can be a mix of resin and other materials! The #7 plastics have been found to release BPA, and have been banned for use in baby bottles and sippy cups for kids, and in many other products.

Here's a bit of information on leaching and plastic bottles:

"To be certain that you are choosing a bottle that does not leach, check the recycling symbol on your bottle. If it is a #2 HDPE (high density polyethylene), or a #4 LDPE (low density polyethylene), or a #5 PP (polypropylene), your bottle is fine."

Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
For longer storage of unflavored juice I use glass.
For flavored juice I mostly use LDPE bottles - the cheapest and safest plastic for squeezable bottles. I have a supply of these:
$2.95 Empty Dropper Bottles for E-liquids (5-Pack / 50mL) 5-pack - child safety cap / long tip at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I have a few glass dropper bottles but I really hate them and do not use at all. Pipette is small, it takes forever to fill a tank. I at home I often pour pour unflavored in a tank directly from 125-250 ml boston round bottles. With a top - filling tank its the most effective method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread