Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Curious why you prefer a single chimney, I always like to look at my build/wick once I have chimney installed but am open to understanding pros and cons of both.

I used to be the same way. Wanting to put the barrel around my build vand fire the coil to make sure it didn't touch and create a short.

I got the Silverplay Nano, and the solid chimney wob me over.

I put screwed the chimney into NB the Bell cap and get it tight.

Then I was able to pull my build out without dumping the juice.

I was also able to bottom fill the Silverplay without using the fill port on the bottom of the Silverplay Nano.

Ibwould not have been able to do either with a two piece chimney.

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Don't own the mini, but have had my nano for 3 days. Definatly a good tank. I'm not understanding leaking issues talked about here, are your seals intact?

They definitely need to fix the fill screw and make it philips, otherwise have had no issues with that.

Idk about the mini, but the nano was shipped with a "beauty ring" to prevent scratches on your mod, and honestly could of ben a great improvement/peice if they actually thought it thru. It doesn't protect against the condensation build up... only scratches to the mod.

Has nothing to do with the seal. The airflow is directly underneath the coil (s)

It will leak if the wick is not thick enough.

Most people assume the condensation where vapor falls out of the chimney

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Not quite understand what your point is?

I have no issues with leaking, just the condensation buildup thats on top of the mod due to the airflow directly being on it.

If the beauty ring covered the entire bottom up to the 510 threads and sealed on the afc oring, the condensation buildup on the mod would be completely gone

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
That's a tricky one as I love it the way it is.

I don't want top fill if it means the overall size gets bigger. Perhaps a silicon plug instead of that fiddly little screw?

I love the airflow, I've got other tanks with both bigger and smaller airflow, so this one fits just nice in it's own space. Okay, the weeping onto the 510 can be annoying. So maybe we version with side airflow.

For me, that would be the non-adjustable and set the same as the current model full open. Probably wouldn't be great for their sales, but would suit me :)

I've never tried the GM with a regular 510 drip tip, and again I love the custom size glass ones they provide (oh my, I really am a GM fan boy!).

No, that's it for me. I can't think of any other changes for this one that wouldn't ruin what it does so well right now.
Thats the way I feel also about changing to much. The fill screw no doubt needs to be bigger for a dropper. A 510 top cap is my second. The post screws and threads tapped must be tighter for no slop and screw drop. Although dual posts with grubs horizontal to posts would be great. I even thought a single coil deck for a larger ID coil build might be great. Gives you good ramp up and an optimal larger build. I think the airflow from under the base is something unique and should remain(my view only). In essence you want flavor to not be compromised in any way. And vapor production to be where it's at(same)..Any ideas or thoughts anyone can share with Youde on their Facebook site. Thanks

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thats the way I feel also about changing to much. The fill screw no doubt needs to be bigger for a dropper. A 510 top cap is my second. The post screws and threads tapped must be tighter for no slop and screw drop. Although dual posts with grubs horizontal to posts would be great. I even thought a single coil deck for a larger ID coil build might be great. Gives you good ramp up and an optimal larger build. I think the airflow from under the base is something unique and should remain(my view only). In essence you want flavor to not be compromised in any way. And vapor production to be where it's at(same)..Any ideas or thoughts anyone can share with Youde on their Facebook site. Thanks

I don't want to compromise on flavor at all. Compromise on flavor and its no better than the Orchid.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I used to be the same way. Wanting to put the barrel around my build vand fire the coil to make sure it didn't touch and create a short.

I got the Silverplay Nano, and the solid chimney wob me over.

I put screwed the chimney into NB the Bell cap and get it tight.

Then I was able to pull my build out without dumping the juice.

I was also able to bottom fill the Silverplay without using the fill port on the bottom of the Silverplay Nano.

Ibwould not have been able to do either with a two piece chimney.
I have been doing the same with my silverplay nano's,works great.I started doing that with my orchids a long while back,and it's nice being able to get that deck access without draining.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Not quite understand what your point is?

I have no issues with leaking, just the condensation buildup thats on top of the mod due to the airflow directly being on it.

If the beauty ring covered the entire bottom up to the 510 threads and sealed on the afc oring, the condensation buildup on the mod would be completely gone
I get the occasional drop or two from coil spatter and that's about it. But I don't blow into the atomizer before the intake either.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
My chimney just become a single piece... Some super glue and it is perfect with a 510 ss drip tip!
I would be concerned with that super glue heating up and breathing the fumes that it will put off,as well as what it may release into your juice.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
The Goblin Mini V2 is coming...with top fill.

cZP7ZLMXE99g27OglLCG_XlsTJ4Snoq0p-SsYiuUR_YactuArwz7yrjdZViuFLWqAbS6If7XmHbrWEYgu4eGWUP7CvgYNeA-aIOXZvXNceFmP4QXb7rbJoRdQFw_UbQJqOjLCUf5mI-JJTnmTGPDYTJlv_rYIwwf7NtPBShGBqWoSXs0Gbj9fhe_knFLKLFeFMKewSgyiq0Qg3JaMpWMIsDPEikIru8Ng3BhXaDBQFFYQaYEY-fmy3W9M3dS2Cy--zW18Jfw74yK3L0Sn5fmfgGqxIZv9Vp2WhwTQH5xYyMpcAL03Os6wrHtsrIR7Ga3wTbMaY3tQvf108mWJRCNYd7x0XJAPRyCnKcSXnHyZQgFa8eSAfneqK9lTmuq8EB5MKEvE4Ep7oiNdqZtcJlfug1SgBz_FUnjv_EMs2uq4NKRitBnkoENcMtf_SDnSQ9Bb8wHOf6MyTDoOAMmE8UV6VXptNz_NAcNFUlcEc83OhGdhdyL1pdm15iUDgSPpQ_i6SoW79dhvcPvlXmsRZMehPI8M5vUxdbThdIprl-oyPK13LSs0FpfAD1ED8uSQfJp5wXD=w604-h603-no

FYI, the Goblin Mini V2 is the one in the box.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
any1 seen this yet: edit...DOH missed the previous post from @Croak LOL

Authentic YouDe UD Goblin Mini V2 22mm Silver 3mL RTA Tank Atomizer

A v2....with topfill, normal 510 and a bigger deck??

Darn, I just bought 6 of the V1......now I want this!

Plus the lip around the air holes means bigger wicks won't risk leakage. Very nice. :)

They also appear to be using the rifled DT from Bellus, which makes for a very smooth draw. I thought it was silly at first, but now find myself using it on other attys.

Last edited:

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
In the picture(Croaks). It appears the tank is taller.i hope it's not that much(liking short and squaty). The stealthy look. The fill port was never my most wanted change (although nice to have in the top). The deck posts/screws and drip tip.The tapped post holes and screws were a problem to me with too much slop. A larger screw or tapping in nf would have maybe solved this. Horizontal set screws are better such as velocity deck if there's room. I also like the Allen tool for tightening the grubs as it has better fit. In the philips head screw the tool slipped therefore stripping the screw. Just my thoughts and anxious to see the v2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread