FDA Godshall meets with White House OMB/OIRA again urging rejection of FDA deeming ban on vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
FDA doesn't quite have enough facts to actually propose a Rule in good faith.
It's been a long time since I read a sentence referring to a Government agency and
mentioning good faith. Come to think of it, I don't have any recollection of that ever
occurring before. I am not saying it never happened, I just don't recall.:?:
Regards
Mike

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
FYI, OIRA just posted on the calendar that two additional meetings occurred in January:

1/5/16 with the Cigar Rights of America (CRA)
1/15/16 with TVECA.

So apparently they are still meeting with stakeholders, at least as of last week.

Also of note, and I have no clue what this means, the 1/5 meeting with CRA (where I'm sure they were discussing the premium cigar options) was attended by four OMB/OIRA folks and no FDA, where the TVECA meeting was only attended by one OMB/OIRA representatives and 2 FDA reps.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
FYI, OIRA just posted on the caIendar that two additional meetings occurred in January:

1/5/16 with the Cigar Rights of America (CRA)
1/15/16 with TVECA.

So apparently they are still meeting with stakeholders, at least as of last week.

Also of note, and I have no clue what this means, the 1/5 meeting with CRA (where I'm sure they were discussing the premium cigar options) was attended by four OMB/OIRA folks and no FDA, where the TVECA meeting was only attended by one OMB/OIRA representatives and 2 FDA reps.

There are more than a few meetings not shown as "Completed", including CASAA. I'd guess this reflects information, such as attendees and their provided documentation, not entered into the system yet.

Things that make ya go Hmmmm ...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Things that make ya go Hmmmm ...
Well, CASAA did provide a boatload of information so recording all that may take awhile.
On the other hand, the cigar folks probably just passed out a few cigars and poured a few drinks.

It's possible most of what they discussed...
Was the kind of stuff you don't put into official records...
;)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I find it questionable that Bill's meeting, Smoke Free Tennessee, and Casaa were not shown as completed.

Maybe they are still going through the mountain of documents that Bill and CASAA have submitted... :lol:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I find it questionable that Bill's meeting, Smoke Free Tennessee, and Casaa were not shown as completed.

It might be that the OMB/OIRA has requested Additional Information from both of these Meetings.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I hope they got more proffesionalism than they thought. I looked at some of the handouts and was amazed at the level of documents provided. OMB probably did not expect vapers to have such vocabulary.

Did you see those "handouts" from AEMSA? Right on! Very professional. :D

Azim is a good man! Thank God for lawyers! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread