Going to btm feed, desperate for some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hman2012

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
bloomington MN
ALright, so the short of it is this, after trying different vaping options I think a bottom feed is the answer for me, my problem is thus, I have been eating up everything I can on these forums for about two weeks now and feel more lost then before I started. there are 510's and extenders/connectors/bridges/ mods, LR SR HR carts/attys, I have no idea what I need, I am a heavy, HEAVY chain vaping fanatic. It's like a pacifier, any suggestions on Bottom feeders and attys that would work well for my heavy non stop vaping needs? also, I have looked and looked with no luck for somewhere to understand 510s and long barrels, and all that means? Seems like as soon as I think I have a handle on something I stumble across just enough information to make me see how clueless I yet am lol. Thanks in advance to all the awesome folks who will shed some light!!!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
510 is the type of threads on the atty connector. There are different types of threads (510, 901, 801, 808), but 510 is the most popular and I can't really think of a bottom feeder that isn't stock 510.

Long barrel attys are attys built in a standard cartomizer length tube (about twice as long as a standard atty).

My favorite bottom feeders are available from reosmods.com, but to be fair, I have to mention that there are a bunch of bottom feeders on the market. But I'm also going to mention that the REO Variable Voltage Grand will be on sale the 8th of Sept, so just over a week from now.

Bottom feeders I currently own include a REO mini, A REO VV Woodville, A Boggers Box, and an Old Goat bottom feeder. I like them all, but most used is my REO VV Woodville. - I will be buying a REO VV Grand on the 8th.

Another mentionable option is a top feeder. I have a notcigs VVPV. The other top feeder on the market is the GLV 3, but it is not VV.

I hope that helps - and please click the link I provided. It is a complete list of all of the bottom feeders on the market right now, and I firmly believe in making informed decisions when choosing a PV.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
I will be glad to help you. Sounds like you need a REO grand with a 1.7ohm 510 smoke tech carto or an AV 510 bridgless bottom feeding atomizer Holds 6mil. Locking button. Can use a kick with 18490 High drain battery. This will be a warm vape and will get you started on the BOttom feeder road. Most everything you need is at one site. REOSMODS.com for the Grand and Avidvapor.com for the atomizers. If you like cartos the shorties are perfect on te grand. PM me if you need anything at all!

Hman2012

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
bloomington MN
Thank you very much for the response, makes sense, I have looked at both the REO and the Old Goat bottom feeders and I'm considering going with the goat for now as it is by far less expensive, and once I'm sure that it's my vaping solution switching to a REO as I've seen nothing but rave reviews about it, do you know what the sale price on REO's is going to be on the 8th? Also one last question ( for now) can you suggest a good atty and tip? Like I said Im a heavy heavy vapor and looking for best production vs long atty life etc. And as I understand it ill need a battery too right? I've seen some mention of 18650? I think and one other. Then theres True fire? or sure fire or something? Sorry I'm sure this is out there somewhere and I go from page to page to page trying to dial it all in. Thanks again for the help bud!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Here is a list of what has worked for me to this point....
Vapage V-MOD XL
Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250mAh 3.7V I get on average of about 18hrs of heavy vaping, (4-6 ml/day).
Cisco LR306 Atomizer + Drip Tip Special - Avid Vaper w/ XL Black Delrin Drip Tip Needed to extend above the cone. Atty's last on average of about 3-4 months.
Xtar MP1S

The XL is a mid priced BF APV and in my opinion a very good introduction to bottom feeding. Vapage has really improved the quality of their APV's in the past year and are quite popular. The REO's are as well, but are also a little pricey for an introduction APV. I am not quite convinced they are as good as a lot of people rave about them as there seems to be 1-3 in the classifieds section on a daily basis. They do have a good re-sale value though! But it also makes me wonder, if they are that good then why are there so many people wanting to get rid of them? I am not saying that is the only APV that you see a lot of in the classifieds, but they tend to out number all other APV's listed there. It took me a good 6+ months to make my decision to get the Vmod XL and haven't regretted my decision at all. I am very content with my choice... Good luck with yours...

Check out this thread and you can get some good insight about the Vmod XL: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...0-bottom-feeding-mod-vapage-com-part-2-a.html

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
You will see REOs in the classifieds mostly because something new REO is coming out. Also when someone is quiting vaping. I put them up in the classifieds all the time. That's only because I have had 13 of them in the past year or so. My tastes changed and I wanted wood ones. So I sold my metal ones and bought wood ones. Right now everyone is switching to VV, so that's why you will see them more than usual in the forums. I don't think REOS are that pricy for what you get and how they last. These have been, for a lot of people, the last mod they ever bought.

There is a REO Thread if you can't find it PM me.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
+1 - Yup. REOs are a lot more rare in the classies when nothing new is coming from REO. There was a big surge of them when the VV Woodville was coming out - there was another surge when the 18490s were coming - and now two surges for the initial release date and the revised release date for the VV Grand.

Also, REO has thousands of mods out there. My first order number from REO was in the three thousands - my second was forty-one hundred and something ... my third was fifty-four hundred and something. No telling how many orders are just for parts, attys, or whatever... but when I looked through some old posts here on ECF and added up a few release numbers (starting before REO had a sub-forum and a real web presence and ordering system), I'm going to guess he's made more than five thousand mods, and on top of it, he's about to have a thousand VV Grands out there (starting with two hundred in eight days)

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I have an Old Goat that is a back up. I also have REOs, a Bogger Box, and a few others. I like the metal REOs because they keep working after being dropped, and it doesn't ruin the finish if they get wet. I used cartos on the bottom feeders, for me they worked better than atomizers. Currently I have a Chalice and am loving it.

Hman2012

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
bloomington MN
Speaking of the Old Goat, I've searched and searched, is the only way to order one of these to email him directly? If so are the readily available or is it sporadic, I saw a few posts he had regarding some close family illness and hospitalizations so I'm sure that impacts availability/delivery times. Outside of special circs though how's the availability?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Speaking of the Old Goat, I've searched and searched, is the only way to order one of these to email him directly? If so are the readily available or is it sporadic, I saw a few posts he had regarding some close family illness and hospitalizations so I'm sure that impacts availability/delivery times. Outside of special circs though how's the availability?

Yes. Email him. When I got mine, it took him two business days to ship it. He's fast.

Chronic Dripper

Aug 21, 2012
Mission BC
I just did alot of reading and watching reviews, and went staight for the Reo Grand and glad I did, wish it had been the first thing I ever bought. Just wanted to chime in on the VV coming out. I use a LR 510 and a drip tip, get a great throat hit, great taste, and big vape clouds. Why would you need a VV on a 510 or any other atty as you essentially a dripper when using a bottom feeder. Aren't you just going to destroy the atomizer. Also use only the AW IMR 18650 ( high drain ) in 1600 or 2000mAh, not the 2600mAh ( AW IMR ) as it's a protected battery, don't use the 18490 either. I talked to Robert ( Reo builder/inventor) and he told me they are built specifically for that size mentioned above nothing else. No flat tops either, you'll compress the spring and ruin the firing mechanism quite quickly. Get a WP2-11 Xtar charger. 18650 means 18mm wide, 65mm lomg, the 0 means cylindrical.

Hman2012

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
bloomington MN
So if I'm understanding you, VV (variable volt)? is redundant on a bottom feeder because dripping makes it pointless? This will be my first foray into bottom feeders so trying to make sure I understand all the info coming my way. Also, whats AW IMR, is that just a brand or model type? The only reason I'm not going straight for the REO is $$, figure to test drive a cheaper model first, and if it rocks like I think it will for my vaping needs I can move to the high $$ REO type ya know!?

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
So if I'm understanding you, VV (variable volt)? is redundant on a bottom feeder because dripping makes it pointless? This will be my first foray into bottom feeders so trying to make sure I understand all the info coming my way. Also, whats AW IMR, is that just a brand or model type? The only reason I'm not going straight for the REO is $$, figure to test drive a cheaper model first, and if it rocks like I think it will for my vaping needs I can move to the high $$ REO type ya know!?

No, variable volt and dripping are completely separate aspects... For the record, a VV Reo Grand is scheduled to be released, I think on the 9th of this month... VV lets you adjust the heat, amount of vapor, and to an extent, the flavor of your juices. Dripping or bottom feeding both give you the true flavor of the juice, instead of having a "filler taste" that is common to cartomizers and cartridges.

AW is the brand... IMR basically means that they are a deep discharge, safe chemistry battery. They can handle higher discharge rates without failing, and have no need for a built in protection circuit.

Hman2012

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
bloomington MN
Vapage V-MOD XL
Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250mAh 3.7V I get on average of about 18hrs of heavy vaping, (4-6 ml/day).
Cisco LR306 Atomizer + Drip Tip Special - Avid Vaper w/ XL Black Delrin Drip Tip Needed to extend above the cone. Atty's last on average of about 3-4 months.
Xtar MP1S

So I think Ill roll with this for now, as the old goat will take a few weeks it seems, last question, for the atty, would a 2.0 ohm resist work well? that means, if im understanding, that I can vape at higher voltages safely without fear of nuking the atty right? but not at lower volts because it wont have enough power to heat? Side note I have the safe vape/ voltage/ohm chart, just making sure im reading it right. Thanks again for the assistance!

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Vapage V-MOD XL
Xtar MP1S

So I think Ill roll with this for now, as the old goat will take a few weeks it seems, last question, for the atty, would a 2.0 ohm resist work well? that means, if im understanding, that I can vape at higher voltages safely without fear of nuking the atty right? but not at lower volts because it wont have enough power to heat? Side note I have the safe vape/ voltage/ohm chart, just making sure im reading it right. Thanks again for the assistance!

Okay first off, you do know that the Vapage VMod is an unregulated, 3.7v mod, not variable voltage right? If you put a 2ohm atomizer on a VV mod, it would be good from 3.7v up to about 4.6v, or even 5v if you keep the atty very wet. Some VV mods will still nuke the atty, but the best ones will not.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
What have you been vaping with now?

a mini? an ego? a twist? what type of "heater" -- atty, carto, etc.

It would be easier to make suggestions with that data......and maybe help curb the "oh my g, there is too much info here" syndrome.

The lower the ohm rating (1.5, 2.0, 2.5 etc) the warmer/hotter the vape. All three resistances listed work fine on fixed voltage devices, like the vmod, old goat and several of the reos....and many of the bottom feeders made. People often call these 3.7 volt devices.

Since you say you are a high volume vaper, I suggest you get a device that uses 18650 sized batteries. AW has been a bit more expensive but very respected brand of battery around these parts for some time. The Panasonics listed above are gaining in popularity. Some will swear by their cheaper batteries ---Please be smart and buy from e-cig suppliers who only sell acceptable batteries for apvs. (They have chargers, too.) The Manufacturer's recommendations is a good way to start -- and not have to learn all of Battery University to get going with an APV.

And -- do learn how to get yourself verified so you can shop in the classies. It's a great place to buy or sell apv's, often at nice discounts and knowing that if you decide what you thought would be just perfect for you, isn't -- you can often get a good percentage of your investment back.

Happy Vaping.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread