Good CHEAP high voltage device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been using a LR Atomizer + Custom USB passthrough (ripped out guts of normal pass-through and just connected wires directly to battery end connection - no volt / amp limits) .. It gives a good amount of smoke and I'm generally happy with it.

But I AM looking for a High Voltage device so I don't have to use LR Atomizers that burn out a lot...

What I am looking for:
-SUPER cheap (College Student & Broke)
-High Voltage
-Special Power (USB or outlet?) Passthrough or size A / C / D batteries? (Don't want to pay for more expensive batteries that just save space)
-tank would be great but not needed.
-Dont care about looks / portability - Always near a computer or outlet and don't care if it's ugly.

Thanks for any/all recommendations guys :D

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
The least expensive HV PV is a 5V passthrough. [A direct PT, not one with an inline battery.] For example, for the 510 atomizer, from MadVapes ($17) and ElectronicStix ($13). Ideally, these should be used with a 2 amp AC to USB adapter, such as from MadVapes for $9.

Next up in price (and providing portability) is an inexpensive 5V box mod, such as the $33 one from MadVapes.

One of the least expensive tubular HV mods is the Copper (6V Original Hex version for $53). [NOTE: 6V should be used with HV (actually high-resistance) atomizers, e.g., ~4.5 ohms.]

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Don't forget to keep an eye on the ECF Classifieds! You can get some pretty good deals on mods there. Link: Classifieds and swaps

There are blemished or second units available at a discount from some of the manufacturers from time to time. Currently there are Infinity units available from NotCigs.com at discount (and I've also seen the blemished Buzz at discount). I have several of the earlier version Buzz VV unit from him and love it. Batteries and chargers are relatively cheap (also can be found on Classifieds). It's an on going expense to consider though.

High voltage (5v) doesn't get cheaper than a good passthrough (no batteries or charging). I used mine in the car as well (with a 12v usb plug in converter) and still keep my 5v PureSmoker passthrough in the car in case of emergency. Puresmoker doesn't make theirs anymore but a few may still be around and for sale. The PS unit runs at 5v and are built pretty well with a heavy duty cable (which can be unruly). I have 3 of them around here somewhere, LOL. You can do a WTB ad on the Classifieds. Last one I saw used went for $40-50.00.

A list of passthrough mods can be found here Passthrough e-Cig Mods | e-Cigarette Mods Database I'm not too sure how up to date it is, but should be helpful.

Regarding LR atty use... If you want to stick to that type of atty, get a mod that runs a High Drain IMR battery, such as the 18650. That will mimic 5v vaping, keep your LR atty alive, give you plenty of vaping time per charge and keep you untethered.

Happy Vaping
:vapor:
Hellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread