Good Investments on New Gear???

Status
Not open for further replies.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
Sup Ya'll

Just Getting back into the vape game. I've been on and off for 6 or 7 years. And currently on day 12 without a cig!!

I'm looking for some feedback on new gear I want to purchase. After doing some research I've come up with a plan to buy the following stuff:

Voopoo Drag
Innokin MVP 4
The Drop rda

I also want to buy 1 or 2 rebuildable tanks and have no idea which way to go.

My older setups include a few iStick Picos and various rda's. Ive had quite a few mods that are now very expensive paper weights. Looking for durability and quality in a modest price range (not hundreds and hundreds of dollars). So I'd like to know what anyone thinks. Am I on the right Track???

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The hot tanks for DL ATM are the top air tanks because they leak less. Obs engine series, Zeus, and a couple others. I’m partial to rdtas myself which are decent about not leaking and more forgiving about wicking than most tanks. My fave atm is the aromamizer plus. It’s huge though (30mm)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
whats DL stand for? sorry for my stoopidity lol
Mtl or mouth to lung is the older style of vaping more similar to a cigarette. Very tight draws, nic levels generally 12mg or higher. You pull the vapor into your mouth before inhaling it.

DL is direct lung . You inhale through the vaporizer. Much airier draw, bigger clouds, lower nic levels, higher juice use.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
For tanks i have had little satisfaction or success outside of the old school kanger subtank. i have a big baby beast that im not really fond of and have had others in the past that sit in drawers.
Nothing wrong with a kanger sub tank. (Well at least the later models) They still sell em iirc.
I’m a wick and wire guy so I can’t speak to the coil cartridge stuff. There’s a lot out there besides smok though.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
haha to each his or her own!!

Smok is not good in my opinion. i have two Smok mods that have died in under a year.

Most recently I went to setup my older stuff a week or so ago. And found the only things that still work are my 2 Picos. My Smok Cube Ultra, Kooper Plus, and a istick Pico no longer work. I need like 2 more mods and 2 more tanks or rdas to have a solid rotation

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Voopoo drag is a nice mod, Smoant also makes quality built mods with the Cylon being their best. For rta’s I’m using the Asmodus Zesthia and have been very happy. Great flavor and super easy build deck. I am a restricted lung hitter but the Zesthia can open up to satisfy any DL vapers. The Ijoy exo RTA looks like a nice one. I like that it comes with two build decks, one for single coils and another for dual. That’s all I got for you and good luck with your search. I hope you are happy with whatever it is you end up with.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Both the OBS Engine (dual coil) and Engine Nano(single coil) are good rtas. Both top af, 5ml, and easy build/wick. I prefer the Nano for flavor. Zeus rta is good as well, 4ml, top af, single coil and the best, smoothest af out there imo. Ijoy Exo has many fans as does the Steam Crave Aromamizers line of rtas. Many good mods out there these days. You can't go wrong with a Smoant for reliable solid devices. Budget friendly and comfortable to use. Welcome back!

wickedalibi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2010
montana
I have had the drag for two and a half months. My first box mod. I love it. It seems to hold up to some pretty heavy abuse. It went flying off of the dashboard of my mail jeep, out the window, onto the frozen pavement. I was expecting to have to pick up batteries and put the door back on, but it was in one piece and worked perfectly. MTL vapor so no help from me on that front.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I haven't had a lot of mods so can't speak to them, but I absolutely love my HCigar VT 75D. It is a dual battery DNA 75C mod. Very accurate and reliable, metal housing for durability. I don't really use drippers, so I can't suggest anything there. I use RTA's such as the Serpent SMM.

Indeed, everyone has their own style. I am sort of a hybrid style between DL and MTL. I like to use DL RTA's, close off the air to somewhere between a true DL and a true MTL and use that as a loose MTL style.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
If you are interested in flavor, get an Achilles RDA.

atomizer-achilles-full-titanium.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd second the suggestion of an Engine, people seem to love them for flavor and they aren't leakers. Depending on your preference you can get a one or two coil deck, but they are both recommended for flavor.

If you want another drop in tank, the Crown Uwell series is well liked as well.

As far as mods, get something that fits your preference that is a known performer. The Voopoo series is well liked by many, I don't have one, but they do get good reviews.

Best of luck finding new gear!

Anna

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
Just an Update:

I ended up getting an MVP4, Voopoo Drag, and a Drop Rda and Zeus Rta. All is working good with the new gear!

On a Second Note...I ran into a problem today with some older stuff I've been using.
My IStick Pico is firing on its own and once I fire the button, it wont stop firing up until the 10 second cutoff. It seems the fire button is getting stuck (which is doesnt seem to the point thats its apparent). Or the device is faulty and malfunctioning. Anyone else ever have this problem? I was going to start another thread to address this issue but thought I'd ask here too.

So a little while ago today I was sitting here and I heard across the room in the kitchen my istick pico start firing on its own. Wtf? This just started happening today. I have had it for about a year or so. Actually have 3 Pico's and 1 of the 3 has stopped working. This may be the second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread