good liquid to replace Marlboro for my dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badmotorfinger

Apr 22, 2012
NY
Need some hep from you guys...

If this was for me I would just experiment on my own, but I vape menthol.
I bought my dad an ego setup w/ LR cartos for fathers day. He has smoked Marlboro reds for +25 years. I was shocked that he even considered vaping haha. Hes not going to look for liquids on his own and I don't want him to give up out of frustration.

I got him 2 small bottles from Goodejuice w/ my last order.. but I tried them and they are not even close to what a regular cig tastes like IMO. He was not thrilled w/ them but it was his first hit from an e-cig.

the flavors I got were Commercial tobacco 24mg 50/50 PG VG & 555 tobacco 24mg 50/50 PG/VG

Can anyone recommend a good flavor that is similar to Marlboro? Also should I get some regular resistance cartos? I bought the LR since I thought the good throat hit would make the transition easier for him.

thanks
K

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Ecig juice is going to be to cigarette smoke like cherry candy is to real cherries.

Ecig vapor tastes better to most once they get used to the idea that it's flavored water vapor and not smoke particles that they are inhaling. I still smoked about 6-10 cigarettes a day for a long time after I started vaping. Over time, the cigarettes started tasting nasty and I found that I preferred the ecig. It was habit that made me want a cig after a meal.

I eventually quit the after dinner and coffee cigs one day and found out that there were no cravings other than my brain sending me an occasional trigger to tell me that this was where I usually had one. I'd get it after a meal and I'd laugh to myself and remind Mr. Brain that I didn't do that anymore.

The juices to try are Dekang 555, Hilton, Red USA Mix, and maybe even Cuban Cigar. Madvapes has those at good prices. Select Dekang under the ejuice category. Dekang DK-TAB is another if he likes throat hit and tobacco taste. For a mild tobacco taste, try Camel from Awesome Vapor. 24mg nic level will help him reduce the nic cravings and provide some throat hit on any juice.

The real benefit of vaping is that you get your nicotine satisfaction and retain the actions of inhaling and exhaling just like smoking. Taste will adjust once he realizes that there's a difference and gets used to it. Burning anything will always be a different experience than creating steam.

Last edited:

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I smoked 50-60 handrolled cigarettes per day for 37 years before I started vaping. Nothing and I mean NOTHING is going to perfectly replicate smoking whatever brand. For the most part, I found I don't like tobacco-flavoured juice (and the ones I like are complex and a bit sweetened.) So I seriously wouldn't even try to find the perfect Marlboro Red for your dad...it's simply not the same as smoking and nobody should pretend that it is.

Get him a sampler pack, or just sit him in front of a computer and let him browse. I really don't think there are any short-cuts to finding "what works" for someone so I don't think you can avoid the trial-and-error phase. I thought I would enjoy menthol, fruit, chocolate, various drink-type flavors...nah: what works for me are complex tobacco and bakery-sweet-cinnamon or coffee. I have a bunch of juices I'm not using, PM me if you are looking for stuff for your Dad. I might have something he'll like and am happy to send it on.

Good for you and good for your dad! A heavy smoker will need 24 mg to 30+ mg, no matter what flavour.

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
Last edited:

Badmotorfinger

Apr 22, 2012
NY
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/302476-looking-any-juice.html

I started that thread not too long ago. You should check it out. Sounds like we're in the same boat man haha.
Awesome username btw.:evil: Mine would have been DownontheUpside, but Badmotorfinger next for sure.

Anyhow, good luck

always nice to meet a fellow soundgarden fan :headbang:
thanks for the link Ill check it out.

and thanks to everyone else who replied.. yeah Im hoping he will understand its not going to be the same.. took me a few days & about 15 different liquids to find something I liked. But now Im set on Ice cold menthol & couldn't be happier.
Im gonna order him 5 or 6 recommended flavors and some more cartos.

Tokumei

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast USA
I sound like a broken record, but I can't say enough about ECBlends for getting cheap sample sizes (esp. with their still-ongoing "spring" discount code--see homepage). Totally invaluable for getting a bunch of random flavors to see what one's flavor profile might be before committing to more spendy juices or more bigger bottles.

I even like their "Traditional" tobacco juices, although they are known for their fruities. All the tobaccos absolutely need to steep for at least 2 weeks, imho. Their 2 Marlboro "clones"--Red Box classic and Red Box New--are both very strongly flavored (nutty), but in terms of just a dry, neutral, smokey flavor, their Smoky Caramel Tobacco is pretty spot on and not fru-fru.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
always nice to meet a fellow soundgarden fan :headbang:
thanks for the link Ill check it out.

and thanks to everyone else who replied.. yeah Im hoping he will understand its not going to be the same.. took me a few days & about 15 different liquids to find something I liked. But now Im set on Ice cold menthol & couldn't be happier.
Im gonna order him 5 or 6 recommended flavors and some more cartos.

Someone needs to create a juice called "Rusty Cage"

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
I only vape tobacco flavors.

I get along well with Dekang Turkish, it is different than domestic Turkish, such as EC Blends.

also myfreedomsmokes camel (18mg) and USred, and US light.
Be careful, these are different than USA red. with myfreedomsmokes I personally prefer the PG blend. mild taste, good TH. If you want more vapor mix the PG with VG to bring up the VG level. Last I looked , myfreedomsmokes did not offer 70-30, or 50-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread