Good RBA for LP Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distroshack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
Preston, UK
I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a second REO, but this time I'm going to get an LP Grand. However, I'm really not sure which rba to get.

I already use a RM2 on my standard Reo Grand, and I have an igo and an a7 as backups. All great but the RM2 is my favourite. But having the ability to run a wider range has thrown me a bit. I could go for a cyclone, the LP RM2, the RM6 for something a bit bigger or.......?

Any recommendations? My favourite non REO rda is the TOBH closely followed by the Magma. I would ideally like to be able to choose between dual or single coil on a single peice of kit.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
If the RM2 is your favorite, the RM3 would be a natural. Compact with a small footprint same as the RM2, and you can get a dual coil version to expand your horizons. "Something a bit bigger"... the RM4 for dual coil with AFC.

I have several RM2's, an RM3, Atomic (RM4), IGO-S, 2 VA Cyclones, Infinite CLT, ERA and VA Divo clones... and my favorites are the compact RM2's, RM3 and Cyclones. So I've found my niche for flavor and vapor as a lung hitter, don't need or want 22mm atty's on my Reo's.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Others to consider

The Apollo by Leo, interesting post design
The Chalice by Mark Bugs, which is releasing a new version with AFC in a couple of weeks
The Nuppin from Pdib, dual or single coil, smaller deck AFC and a interesting post design that really opens the deck.

I'm waiting on the Apollo to arrive and will order a Chalice as well. I have several Nuppin's and like them much more than the Odin.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
So Billie finally got the Apollo project to the for sale stage. I got tired of all the false promises and gave up on it many months ago. My use was not for BF at the time and that niche was been filled by other RDA's. I'm not into 22mm atty's on Reo's or I'd try one out. Almost all of my other By Leo gear was top drawer when I still used it (I only stopped because I stopped using all of my ProVari's, Megalodon, Microstick, etc that it was bought for).

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
So Billie finally got the Apollo project to the for sale stage. I got tired of all the false promises and gave up on it many months ago. My use was not for BF at the time and that niche was been filled by other RDA's. I'm not into 22mm atty's on Reo's or I'd try one out. Almost all of my other By Leo gear was top drawer when I still used it (I only stopped because I stopped using all of my ProVari's, Megalodon, Microstick, etc that it was bought for).

He's including two center posts, one solid for drippers and the other hollow for Bottom Feed.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
You've got the RM2 at one end of the spectrum - small chamber, single coil, tighter draw, great for flavour and M2L drawing - and the RM5 or 6 at the other - large chamber, dual coils, afc, great for vapor and direct lung hits.

For my money, the most cost effective complement to the RM2 is the RM4. It allows single or dual coils, has afc, and covers more range in vaping style (some M2L inhale on it, other go direct lung). It picks up where the RM2 leaves off and extends into the range that the RM5/6 offers.

If you found you liked airy dual (probably subohm) vaping, you can then expand to something like the Odin or Cyclone with afc, but I'd save the money initially.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
FB - I knew it was going to have both, that was planned from near the start of the project. So was other than polished finishes, guess that hasn't happened though (yet). Billie and I were pretty close friends.
I just really only paid attention since he posted the manual for it. Like Raynman points out it's got a really hard comparison going up against the Nuppin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread