Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Just make sure you have the proper batteries and you will be fine. Most regulated mods won't fire if built too low for safety reasons. Why not start out with a higher ohm like .7 and see how it is? If you're new to rebuildables you don't need to go as low as you possibly can. Start slow & safe....

Reactions: Rudy Garcia

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
My suggestions:

1) Learn and understand Ohm's Law specifically as related to vaping
2) Learn and understand the difference between temp control mode and power mode on your kbox
2a) Learn and understand the difference between nickel wire and kanthal and even nichrome
3) Learn and understand battery safety

If you take my advice, all of your questions will be answered.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I have 2 18650 2500mah green batteries that I bought from the local vape shop. That's true I can start with a .7 ohm build. I was just wondering because I am using a .15 ni200 coil from kanger in the subtank right now. So I figured that .2 dual coil on the ohm reader would be pretty much the same or am I wrong?

Sorry about that. I am new to rda's so as long as I keep it above the .05 build on my ohm reader I am being safe? I plan to build a .2 dual coil with clapton ud wire. I vape around 95-105 watts on the kbox. Thanks for your help

When using a .15 NI200 (nickel) coil you are running the Kbox in temp control mode. In order to run UD Clapton coils you will have to run the Kbox on power (wattage) mode. If you are going to run Clapton wire in power mode, you will have to keep the resistance above the minimum resistance that the Kbox will support or it will not fire. Safety is battery dependent, so make sure you use good batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread