Got a 510-T kit and I hate it ~ Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

Leal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Montana

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Got it from litecigusa and they are refusing to let me exchange. Im pretty sure the second kit I got (for my gf) is a knock off because it did not come in a joyce box and the charger is not a joyce charger. I'm pretty sure I got ripped off on this deal.

Ill try a vivi mini. How does it fit to the small batteries?

i personally think anyone who sells 510-Ts are just dumping ancient stock on unsuspecting n00bs like us.

the mini vivi is a tad thicker than the 650mah batteries that came in my kit, but who cares--it actually works!

i've now bought several mods that are far better and i write the 510-T experience off to growing pains. i bought it before i discovered ECF.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Got it from litecigusa and they are refusing to let me exchange. Im pretty sure the second kit I got (for my gf) is a knock off because it did not come in a joyce box and the charger is not a joyce charger. I'm pretty sure I got ripped off on this deal.

that's messed up...never seen a company with no refund policy...this is directly from their website "Returns/Refunds
There are no returns or refunds accepted once payment has been completed. There is only a 14 day warranty on all warrantied parts from the time of order being delivered. All warranty parts must be returned to Litecigusa before a new replacement will be"

Fraulein

Jul 13, 2013
Worcester, MA
Try these

VISION Nano Clearomizer Bottom Coil 1ml 1.8ohm - CLEAR [gv-VisionNanoBottomCoil1.8-CLEAR] - $3.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

They might shorten the life of your batteries a little but I have found them to be very good little clearomizers and should hold you over until you can get a more powerful set up. Plus they are great back ups or for more stealth situations.

I am a HUGE fan of the Vision Nano Clearomizers. It seems to be hard to find stores that have them in stock. I usually get them from Vaperite and have had good luck so far. The battery life on the 510 is definitely not so great, but it's worth not having to deal with the mess of cartridges/foam, cheap cartomizers, or the leaky CE2 cartomizers I've had in the past.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Just get a driptip and learn to drip. What's the ohms on the atty? 2.00 ohm - 2.2 ohm will be good for non regulated battery. At least you will learn a favored form of vaping by many. Just drip 3 drops on an already primed atty. or drip several and fling the extra out if you don't know where your at on how wet the atty might already be.

Feedbacker

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
TX USA

They fit just fine, using the same connection. It just threads on to the 510 and hangs out. It's got a larger diameter though.

Last edited:

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Probably not the best idea I have ever had but tossed a 1.5ohm dripping Atty on a cigalike battery way back when my ego died while testing flavors. Got a good 10min of battery life with that on it.

Anyways for the cigalikes the batteries hold very little power so it might be best to just move on and atleast it was good to get you into vaping. So really wasn't totally worthless, without my first 510 kit I wouldn't have got into vaping so am glad I bought it.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Good point, I think the mAh rating on a 510-T is like 180. If OP is going to order some tanks or something, it might be wise to grab a low-cost 650-1300mAh eGo batt and start fresh.

huh? 510-T is just an atty/tank system. (i say tank loosely--nothing like present-day tanks). nothing to do with mAh. my kit came with 2 650 mah batts.

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
Grab some Boge 2.0 ohm cartos to use with your 510 stick batteries, but look for an upgrade to an ego twist/evod type kit soon. You may still want those stick batteries for out and about or when you want to 'hold it like a cig', so they won't go to waste. I'm 16 months in and every so often I get the urge to use a stick battery and a carto.

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
huh? 510-T is just an atty/tank system. (i say tank loosely--nothing like present-day tanks). nothing to do with mAh. my kit came with 2 650 mah batts.

A 510-t kit typically refers to a small cig-a-like battery that is usually only 180 mah. It offers only a 510 connection and is the diameter of a 510 atomizer. A CE4/ego threaded device would not thread without an adapter, and would look horribly silly if you did use it that way.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
A 510-t kit typically refers to a small cig-a-like battery that is usually only 180 mah. It offers only a 510 connection and is the diameter of a 510 atomizer. A CE4/ego threaded device would not thread without an adapter, and would look horribly silly if you did use it that way.

wow. until now, i've only ever seen that as referring to "510 tank" systems, aka 510-T. never thought it referred to a cigalike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread