The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Got my JC Juice

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by BettyRedondo, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BettyRedondo

BettyRedondo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2008
    Bournemouth England
    Got my Johnson Creek juice this morning, thanks Simon :) I ordered the VG version in Tobacco 18mg. Have filled a couple of carts using the egg cup method :thumb: and I must say it is great. LOADS of vapour and a really smooth taste. I don't know if it is because it is non PG, but it does not leave you with a dry feel on the throat that I have found with normal carts, and there is no strange/sweet aftertaste that I have found some carts have, am really pleased :D

2. kramerica2

kramerica2 Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Israel
    Actually, what are the disadvantages of VG? Since PG health issues are a bit unknown, why not use only VG? People report very good vapour, it cost the same, what am I missing here?

3. BettyRedondo

Jul 18, 2008
    Bournemouth England
    I suppose one disadvantage is that you have to fill your own carts or drip. But after using it today it seems to vape exactly the same as PG, but without the bad bits I mentioned before. I don't know if it has a detrimental effect on atomisers though?

4. Nazareth

Nazareth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    USA
    Inhaling vaporized VG is an unkinown too- Most PG formulas do have VG in them too

5. icemanmaz

icemanmaz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Wish I had mine and I am at work all day Wednesday.

6. BettyRedondo

Jul 18, 2008
    Bournemouth England
    It needs to be signed for ice, you may be able to pick up from post office if you are not in?

7. margouillat

margouillat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2008
    Rouen, France
    Hello everyone
    Is the marketing of liquid non-PG, is in connection with a possible ban of liquid with PG?
    Let me explain: in France, the safety agency recommends great caution in the Use of the electronic cigarette pending further analysis
    Afssaps, communiquéde presse
    Thank you for your answers

8. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    Hey margouillat,

I believe Non-PG liquid is being mainly marketed for those you may have an allergy to PG ... All the issues I had with PG, I don't have with VG (Vegetable Glycerin)

Hope this helps :)

9. TheEmperorOfIceCream

TheEmperorOfIceCream Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2008
    London, UK
    Hi Margouillat

I think VG juice has come about because some users have complained of bad reactions to PG. As far as I know only Johnson's are producing the non-PG e-liquid at the moment (could be wrong)

Emp

10. Kit

Kit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
    UK
    Thats odd ive had juice of si loads of times and its not had to be signed for ?

11. BettyRedondo

Jul 18, 2008
    Bournemouth England
    Kit, perhaps he just trusts you not to give it to kids/pets!!

12. margouillat

Aug 13, 2008
    Rouen, France
    Thanks cashmere

This may be a reason to condition that VG does not turn allergies
    But I have not yet found a case cited with VG

this is what I found on VG

Vegetable Glycerin: a derivative of oils and fats purely plant. Non toxic, non-irritating, but may be non-moisturizing to too much
    making dry skin

In this case, why continue to use the PG?
    Is this a problem of cost?

13. Kit

Kit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
    UK
    Maybe or its small enough just to be posted !

14. TheEmperorOfIceCream

TheEmperorOfIceCream Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2008
    London, UK
    Cost is probably the major factor (but I don't know for sure). Could be just inertia - they started off with PG and their manufacturing and procurement is set up to deal with bulk volumes of it. It's a big deal to change something as fundemental as this in a corporate environment. And if it's cost neutral why make the effort? If VG was cheaper, that's what we'd be vaping, though.

Emp

15. karenwest1961

karenwest1961 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    This is something we all need to read. Here it is translated:

PG investigated

16. margouillat

Aug 13, 2008
    Rouen, France
    In all cases JC is turning liquid market in the world of electronics cigarette
    It is seen and it is a good initiative
    it proves that they are interested in what they sell
    It is a good business strategy

Are they t cases proved allergic to inhalation or contact PG?

17. katink

katink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2008
    the Netherlands
    As far as I know, PG is the cheaper one (certainly in bulk).
    But also remember the report TB just found ... maybe PG, as long as you aren't over-sensitive to it, IS better in the end, because of the safety to your health that it seems to give, if that report remains unrefuted... no idea if VG would have those same results.

18. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    Highly Concentrated PG (Bickford Flavors, straight PG, etc...) Give me Headaches, Night Sweat (and even day sweats for that matter) and especially the runs !!!!

Not a pretty sight to see, that's forsure ... :oops:

19. margouillat

Aug 13, 2008
    Rouen, France
  20. karenwest1961

karenwest1961 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    We're getting food grade PG drops at a time and not in quantities to constitute overdose. I'm not sure how the child ingested the PG. I tried to translate the page with Babelfish but still was not a good translation. My guess is the child may have gotten hold of some antifreeze made with industrial PG. I couldn't imagine that a 2 year old child would drink down a bottle of lotion. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.