Got my M201 today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
So now I have two PVs...a 510 and the M201 (from litecig)...got the M201 today.

I didn't know that if you pull until the LED flashes and it cuts off that you have to wait two minutes before you can pull again, so I thought I had a bad batt or something, but once I figured that out, I was vaping away.

I've read that the attys need to break in for best vapor production, but it doesn't seem to be taking too long...the more I vape, the better it gets.

I can't imagine it will ever produce the vapor my 510 with the spring/poly plug cart mod does, but it DOES have it's own appeal and, hopefully, longer batt life and less filling/topping of the carts.

Oh...with the exception of 4 days in the hospital back in '03, today is the first day on more than 35 years that I have NOT smoked a single analog. So, that's from 2+ packs per day to NONE (so far, anyway) in 7 days (I "am" vaping from 16 - 36 mg juice, though, but HEY!).

Just sharing...

Sherry

david 1300c

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
near emmaus, pa
Terrific! The 510 is kinda like a little brother for the 201 - vapor is a bit warmer and maybe a bit more throat hit, but there is definitely more flavor with the 201. They each have their very positive points.

I also have the Silver Bullet, which is great for not constantly switching batteries. Although I'm using it with the 510 attys I'm looking forward to the 201 adapter that should be out soon.

As for the battery cut-off, just take 16 puffs in one minute and you shouldn't have any further issues. This worked both on my first 201 as well as my second one. I didn't check the fold-out manual with the second one, but I did read this gem about the 16 activations in one minute trick in the first manual (the one that came in the more or less cigar-sized box-has 22 pages and looks like it's 2 3/4 x 6 inches) on page 19. I just briefly glanced at the latest fold-out manual for the second 201 that I got and did not see the same info. Hmmm. Of course the first manual also had something about an auto-clean mode that hits every 1500 puffs. I know I've gone well past that and never really noticed it, so who knows.

But the 201 is one great PV, and if it had better battery life it would be fantastic! But it still beats the 510 in the department hands down. Of course battery life is why I got the SB...

I have not completely quit analogs, but I've been smoking since I was 5 so I'm not expecting miracles. However I have cut down to less than a pack a day from a long-time 3 pack a day habit of Marlboro reds.

A shame that these devices cost so much, but I guess compared to smoking it's still cheaper in the long run.

Enjoy your 201!

Last edited:

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
I learned about the 16 activations/1 minute yesterday (good thing, too, as I was starting to get...put out...by the cutoff).

I guess the atty has broken in...I'm getting CRAZY vapor with this thing AND much better flavor than with the 510.

As for the battery, MUCH better than the 510. I "think" I got about 4 or 5 hours on it and I was vaping heavily. I timed the re-charge today...it took 2.5 hours.

DH wants one now, but I told him I need to use it for more than a couple of days to see how it holds up and such.

So far, though, I really like this unit!

Sherry

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in newb forum

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Are you two saying that the M201 has less vapor and throat hit than the 510?!:confused:

That is the exact opposite of my experience with the DSE801 penstyle vs. the 510. I love them both, but the penstyle certainly leads dramatically in throat hit and slightly in vapor (it's a thicker vapor). And, as you acknowledge, the 510's flavor is less intense. [What I like about the 510 are: the smoothness of the experience, a great manual switch button, and its size.]

I've been troubled recently with inconsistent 801 atty reliablity, so I've been trolling for alternative penstyles. I've read several posts praising the M201, so I ventured into this subforum.

david 1300c

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
near emmaus, pa
The 201 has better vapor with less effort than the 510. It feels just a tad cooler, so there is a much smoother feel to the vapor. Throat hit can be as good but depends on the juice, but it is, again, just a little smoother than the 510. And the juice flavor comes through a little better than with the 510.

The 510 is definitely warmer and the throat hit can be just a little harsh using the same juice. And there is less taste usually. Just has different overtones I believe caused by the warmer atty.

They each have their place for me, but the 201 holds a lot more juice and the carts seem to be less finicky to fill (of course they are much bigger so I don't even have to have my glasses on to fill!). And the 201 just feels gooooooood! The auto battery isn't a bad experience at all, except when your just carrying them loose or around loud noises...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread