Got some fluxomizers and boge 2.0 today - questions and review

Status
Not open for further replies.

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
Only vaped so far on LR Stardusts on my KGO 3.7v. Yesterday I got some fluxomizers 2.4-2.6 ohm 1.8ml for $11.95 at gotvapes & Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizers for $5.49 at discountvapers. Tried all 3 with a "Sweet & mild" flavor that didn't have a lot of flavor.

Impressions:
Fluxomizers - The fluxomizers have been simplified since every video I have seen on them. There is no cap with only one item you might want to pull out, a silicone (I guess) plug with a hole in it with a middle part sticking out that you can take needle nose pliers and easily pull out. You don't have to pull it out, you could drip your juice down the side I guess, but I wanted to fluff the wick and make the slots bigger. Making the slots bigger wasn't needed because when I stuck the silicone plug back in the plug, it wouldn't go around the burn cup easily and I didn't try that hard because it made the slots bigger for the wicks anyway acheiving the purpose of allowing the wicks to get more juice. The draw was easy and I can't expect it to ever be bad like you get with Stardusts sometimes. However the flavor wasn't noticeably as good as the Stardusts. I hear it takes a break in before the flavor comes out in force. Today I cleaned it by taking off the tube and rinsing it under warm water and doused it with vinegar once and then back under warm water and blotted it dry with a paper towel and did a few 3-4 second dry burns. I then stuck a new flavor in with 2 drops on the top and let it sit for 5 mins and it performed good as new, but still not sure if the flavor is quite as good as the Stardusts. Still haven't made up my mind on this one. I believe at $2 a piece if you buy the CE2 plus equivalents sold at "myvaporstore" they would be cheaper than a Boge 2.0 because it seems they would last longer. Not sure about lasting longer or if the CE2 plus at the other store is the exact one but I believe this to be true. The fluxomizers burned through it's 1.8ml of juice rather quickly, and was surprised by this, and would guess it's because it's producing more vapor but I can't really tell. Why else would it use more juice?

Boge 2.0 - Did the condom and drip way of filling and it worked with little issues. I can see how these would be a trouble free and cheap way of doing it once I perfected my technique. However I got some gurgling which didn't last long and I was unsure when it was filled and made a mess a few times. The flavor was only slightly less than my stardusts and will have to use them a while while I weigh cost, ease of use, & flavor to determine their usefulness to me. The Boge had maybe a slight bit better flavor than fluxomizers but not sure and hope the fluxomizers improve in this area. But it is hard to tell at this stage because I'm hoping the fluxomizers improve after breaking in. Right now the Boge actually seem more labor intensive than the fluxomizers because I haven't yet learned when they are dry, and dripping in them to keep them wet is a pain.

Questions: How long does the flavor take to come to the fluxomizers in full? Do the CE2 plus at myvaporstore the exact equivalent as the fluxomizers with the one silicone plug that you can pull out with a needlenose? Do you feel with cleaning both models, the fluxomizers are actually cheaper in the long run? Does the ease of filling the Boge become easier with time? I've heard if you wait to long and get a burn taste you decrease the lifespan of the Boge. Is this true?

Right now I favor the fluxomizers but hoping the flavor gets stronger because that's the main reasoning of using a CE2. Time will only tell. Long post but welcome your thoughts feelings and any answers you may have.

Last edited:

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
Question: The wicks go to the bottom of the tube on the fluxomizer. Is this really necessary? Wouldn't shortening them add more flavor by taking out some of the filler? It's so much wick that it's almost like a poly filled container. I'm thinking what's on the bottom of wick has no bearing on what is getting heated at the coil and everyone should tilt the thing enough to not make the bottom part of the wick make any difference. Also this also allows more fluid to be applied to the tube. I'm thinking at least half the wick could be cut off. Does anyone cut their wicks? If so, how much?

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread