Got vapes Fluxomizer CE2 deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Yes, they need a tweak or two to get the best out of them, but the rewards are there.

I'm just interested as to why you felt the need to remove the bung from new ones to fluff the wick. I have never fluffed a wick yet. Is your juice particularly viscous?

Goodness I ordered these and have no idea what I now must do to make them work, lol....What all "tweaks" are necessary? And, since this thread is a little aged, can someone tell me if those tweaks are still necessary? I've read that these things have been through some changes......

I also went to this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-tricks-ce-2-mods-technical-info-videos.html but the instructions are dated from last March so can anyone tell me if that information is still actually relevant or not? What about those videos are they still relevant? Thanks!

(And p.s. - are there "fluxomizers" out there they don't need re-engineering to work?)

ETA Just totally destroyed a brand new one trying to get inner plug out. And why is this necessary? And why do they come with an inner plug that we don't want? Aarrgh!!

Last edited:

JimmyDeee

May 2, 2011
Dayton Oh
Goodness I ordered these and have no idea what I now must do to make them work, lol....What all "tweaks" are necessary? And, since this thread is a little aged, can someone tell me if those tweaks are still necessary? I've read that these things have been through some changes......If you type in "seal mod" at Youtube they have a good vid on the mod you need to do. I just got some 2.4-2.6 ohm fluxomizers from gotvapes and having never modded one before I was able to do it in about 5 min. It is amazing the flavor and vapor i'm getting from these, I seriously doubt I will ever vape with anything else they're so nice.

I also went to this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-tricks-ce-2-mods-technical-info-videos.html but the instructions are dated from last March so can anyone tell me if that information is still actually relevant or not? What about those videos are they still relevant? Thanks!

(And p.s. - are there "fluxomizers" out there they don't need re-engineering to work?)

ETA Just totally destroyed a brand new one trying to get inner plug out. And why is this necessary? And why do they come with an inner plug that we don't want? Aarrgh!!
If you type in "seal mod" at Youtube they have a good vid on the mod you need to do. I just got some 2.4-2.6 ohm fluxomizers from gotvapes and having never modded one before I was able to do it in about 5 min. It is amazing the flavor and vapor i'm getting from these, I seriously doubt I will ever vape with anything else they're so nice.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
I've been using the CE2 clearos for about 8 or 9 months now, exclusively. I've always kept the silicone seals in place (just clipped the ceramic cup seal wick slots if it wasn't wicking well). I even started using 3mL syringe modded clearos in Cheapo Gummy Tanks (do an ECF search ;)). At the end of last week I had a tank 'mishap' at work and was left with just a 3mL syringe tube once more on my CE2. I left the seals out and popped on my drip tip and have been filling the clearo by dripping juice right from the dropper bottle into the drip tip to keep it filled ever since. Unless it's completely filled, it can even rest 'relatively' horizontal (tip up a little bit) with no leaks.
I was always paranoid about leaking with leaving the seals out; but I haven't had any problems and refilling without a syringe is well worth any accidents.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
:grr:Ok I give up on them. I removed 1 plug, then too, flipped it upside down, tried to "fluff the wick" whatever that means and it's still burnt tasting and the flavor is not nearly as good as my Boge cartos. So that's it I give up. I'm using a 70/30 juice from KBV. Should that work? I even tipped it upside down, got a few moth fulls of juice and still tasted burnt if I took a vape longer than about 7 seconds. Just don't see what the heck you guys are doing to make them work. :?:UUUUUGGGGHH!

air1

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Louisville, KY
I bought a pack and they are pretty good. OK, very good. I do mine differently than everybody else. I take a new one and pull the 510 connector with guts from the tube. Then the other stuff comes out easy. This step takes less than 30 seconds.

Dry burn at low voltage for a few seconds to burn off anything on there.
Next I take all the parts and clean in everclear in a small container with an ultrasonic cleaner from harbor freight.
Take out, blow both ways on the center tube, and pat dry on a napkin.
Untwist the wick to loosen it up, it will go back to shape, but this loosens it up a little.
Then I assemble as it came from the factory except, I don't push the clear silicone plug all the way on, I leave it about 1/16th to 1/8th from where it was. This makes sure the wick doesn't get pinched. Or you could cut the plug if you like more work. The result is the same.

Done. Now I can use any juice and not worry about any burning. This thing vapes excellent. I never get any juice in my mouth because all the seals are where they were. No leaking at all, even overnight sideways.

FYI I tried other methods, and it was a ..... for me to get the silicone plug out, and I wanted to be able to dissasemble it anyways.

Do to thick juice, I personally hold it upside down every 2 vapes or so, just to make sure that juice goes to the wicks next to the coil.

None of this is required, but it will certainly perform better.

Bookmarked this thread... I just ordered two packs of these. I'm sure someone has already tried it, but I'm considering drilling a hole in one and putting my j-tank on it to see if it'll work. I've been vaping for a little under a month now. I bought an e-cig that worked ok but leaked all over the bloody place. I'm now using dual coil carts with the mod I purchased a couple weeks ago. The problem is that the holes punched into the cartos are too small and the juice doesn't flow so well. I got myself a dremel and have tried my hand at carving slots into them, and out of 4, only one has worked well. One of my good friends has been into this for a long time and is hooked on fluxomizers. I still need to find some solid juice though. The best flavor I've found so far is cake batter, but I also really like dragon fruit. Some of the not so swell flavors I've tried work well by mixing dragon fruit in with 'em. It's sweet, but very mellow and takes the edge off of some of the really strong flavors.

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
Mine are great. Got em in the other day... So far, been using the "O-ring" mod for every one of them. First one didn't do so well with inner seal so figured I'd just go to that. Only issues so far are juice spattering up above and collecting around the seal, so if I try to vape hold my pv up juice will fall down into my mouth... >_<

I do have a question thought if anyone has a lot of experience with this. I tried to give one to my friend, showed him the seal mod, and he filled it with something that I didn't take a look at. Pretty sure it was pure flavoring, because it stunk up the whole room as soon as he opened it. It burned onto the wick and I'm still getting that nasty oily "burnt candle" smell/taste, even if only slightly. Tried dry burning about 7 separate times after rinsing... I even soaked it in iso alc for a good hour, rinsed, and dry burned again. The center of the wick/coil looks brand new, but the wick outside of the coils is still black. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread