GotVapes IS Moving Processing Center - Important Info Regarding Adjusted Shipping Time During This Move - Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
kewl Harley. I'd wondered about those machines, and don't know anyone who's tried em. I hardly ever drink cokes, but once in awhile love me a root beer or something. I wondered if those things were all hype, or actually good. And good on ya for not drinking pepsi. lol I call it yankee coke, cuz it seems like northerners most always drink that instead of coke.

Morri, dunno what part of Texas your in, but I'm SO there for the chicken fried steak!!! Haven't made that in forever. CFS, smashed taters, gravy and biscuits.....yummmmmmm and maybe some fried okra : )

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Okra....that's one southern dish this yankee has not learned to eat....lol. I have lived with a true southerner for many year...so love most southern dishes. And...I've taught her to like some midwestern specialties, but okra, and hardboiled eggs in the giblet gravy have just never worked for me.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
lol. I don't do giblet gravy at all honestly and don't put hard boiled eggs in my stuffin or my gravy. I do my gravy like giblet gravy using the drippins, but just don't put the innards in it. I cannot stand liver so I avoid anything that begins with giblet. However, if they're done right, I'll eat fried gizzards til they come out my ears. I don't usually like okra in stews, gumbos etc, but I love it fried! And of course, the stuffin must be at least mostly cornbread stuffin! And ya don't stuff it up the birds .... either. lol

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Ok, so here's the next questions.

Mayo or Miracle Whip?

On a hamburger..... mayo/mw or mustard?

I'm a mayo girl and mustard goes on the burgers. And my son accuses me of using corny dogs and soft pretzels just as a vehicle to eat mustard. lol

I grew up on Miracle Whip. When I left home for college, I tasted real mayonnaise, and have never touched Miracle Whip again. And my mayo goes on the burgers too (and sometimes the fries if I'm feeling really decadent). Mustard is for hot dogs.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
MW goes on the inside, butter on the outside for the frying part.. my hubby thinks it's weird, too... to put anything on the inside of a grilled cheese, other than cheese.. where you people from? Mars?? My mom always put chopped up lettuce in the tuna salad too... he thinks thats weirder than the MW in the grilled cheese :laugh:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Hmmmmm, jalapenos, huh? Now that sounds like something I could do! Or banana peppers!! Yeah, banana peppers!! Ever had pizza with pineapple, ham and banana peppers?? Ohhhh, yummy!

Oh, that is good stuff. Lived next to a pizza place that did those for a while. Then they quit making it. I guess not enough adventurous pizza eaters in South Jersey... Now, of course, living in the boonies NYS, forget it. sigh.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Ohhh Briar,, I bet you don't live in near the 'boonie' in NY I live in!!! Which part of the state are you in??

About 25 mins east on Rt. 17 from Binghamton. Let's put it this way: it's very, very boonie-ish. The village of Deposit has something like 1000 ppl and one working traffic light. We have two motels for fishing folk, since we are on the Delaware - which is pretty much just a bit bigger than a stream here. LOL Oh, and we have a movie theater that shows real movies once every two weekends or so. And when we had that big flood four years back, the only thing left visible were roofs and second stories - and lots of boats rescuing us doinks that didn't git while the gitting was good. See, they emptied the water reservoir on us and a few other villages. I guess small towns didn't warrant a warning in the middle of the night. Sorry. Sore subject there. Never mind, all in the past. :)

Actually, it's kinda right smack in the middle of the state. I swear there are more bears here than people. But, there *is* Bingamton less than an hour away, of course - one heck of a depressing town, but it does have Walmart and everything.

Actually, I'm not even in Deposit itself, but right outside on a hill. :) Nothing but horses, fields, woods, and bears. Well, one neighbor.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
I'm almost as 'boonie' here... I'm WAY up near Canada. Noooo, not Buffalo!! 6 hours north of Buffalo.. REALLY WAY up there! I'm on the St. Lawrence River,, and I guess we're a little bit bigger than you, but not by much! We have a Walmart, we have a Home Depot, we have a mall... if you can call it that. The only stores left are the anchor stores, so we expect it'll close soon. So for any shopping that isn't Walmart,, we have to travel at least two hours in any direction. To catch a plane is minimum 3 hours. We do have a movie theater with 6 screens (I think,, I don't go much!) Lots of boonie-towns in NYS.. so whey someone asks you where you're from and you say New York,, do they automatically assume NYC?? For me, when I say 'upstate' people think Albany... hell, there's a whole 'nother part of the state north of that, y'know!!! Like, 4 HOURS north of that!! I go to Canada for a cup of coffee if I feel like it.. now, THAT'S north!

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Yeah, wow, that *is* north... :)

I agree, though, when people hear "NY" they think NYC. And a bigger contrast than NYC and where I live is hard to imagine.

Let me tell you, it's a huge culture shock for me. I was born and grew up in the second largest city in Russia, then lived in North Jersey a stone's throw from NYC, then in Columbus OH, and then in NJ again. And then moved here, where, literally, everyone knows everyone else. Life is pretty weird and amazing.

BTW, I had a typo in my prev. message. It's 45 mins to Binghamton, not 25. But there is a small airport there - but it costs an arm and a leg to fly anyplace, because airlines don't really land there often. So, mostly, people go to NYC - that's something like a three or more hour trip to one of the airports there.

I'm almost as 'boonie' here... I'm WAY up near Canada. Noooo, not Buffalo!! 6 hours north of Buffalo.. REALLY WAY up there! I'm on the St. Lawrence River,, and I guess we're a little bit bigger than you, but not by much! We have a Walmart, we have a Home Depot, we have a mall... if you can call it that. The only stores left are the anchor stores, so we expect it'll close soon. So for any shopping that isn't Walmart,, we have to travel at least two hours in any direction. To catch a plane is minimum 3 hours. We do have a movie theater with 6 screens (I think,, I don't go much!) Lots of boonie-towns in NYS.. so whey someone asks you where you're from and you say New York,, do they automatically assume NYC?? For me, when I say 'upstate' people think Albany... hell, there's a whole 'nother part of the state north of that, y'know!!! Like, 4 HOURS north of that!! I go to Canada for a cup of coffee if I feel like it.. now, THAT'S north!

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
:ohmy: I would have died of fright. LOL

Had a bad experience in an airplane once. We were emigrating from Russia (I was 17), flying on a Russian airplane (a bucket of bolts) - two engines, and one exploded. :shock: That was... interesting. Fortunately the pilot was very good, and we made it to Budapest. Barely. Then they worked on the durned plane for 8 hours, and we had to fly the same one to Austria. :facepalm: Never trusted airplanes since... :blink:

Oh, and later I was flying from Newark to Columbus (went to grad school at OSU), and the airplane got into bad weather - it was like riding one of those death-wish roller-coasters (hate those to begin with), and then in the middle of it all, one of the pilots comes out of the cockpit and goes to the back of the place, and I swear, he looked green...

That was when I swore off airplanes altogether. I drove back from Ohio to NJ. :D

We have a little airport here,, but the planes are true puddle jumpers. The last time I flew out of there I had to take the co-pilot seat.. now, THAT is an experience in a plane that holds four people, including the pilot! And I swear, that pilot was, like, 12!!! Ahhhh, the boonies!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread